News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Hey guys there's this interesting thing called testing I've heard of. You guys should probably try it out instead of random speculation of wether s card we may or may not get in the next 3 months isn't even good.

I think the issue with testing is I can't really think of a deck to put Lapras GX into easily slip into. You would have to build a deck around it's second attack, Blizzard Burn. Collect will always have the issue of N shuffling back those cards you drew making it's efforts naught, maybe turn one if needed. Ice Beam GX is pretty much the same cost as Blizzard Burn anyways so you might as well treat paying for it as the same.

Easily if Nessy here is our primary attacker you need a playset of Max Elixirs to get to Blizzard Burning faster at least by your second turn. Main Tool would be Fighting Fury Belt because we're a basic Pokemon only maybe some Float Stones for our bench sitters but I think Switch/Escape Rope/Olympia should be our main option to retreat to reset our attack status alongside Pokemon Rangers because they're the morphinominal Poke Rangers that fix our bad Blizzard Burn Juju.

Since we are going with only Basic Water I would try out Octillery for draw then MAYBE Regice as a second attacker but the issue for playtesting Regice is that the upcoming GXes don't care so I'm unsure of what would be good second fiddles. Blizzard Burn does a very respectable chunk of damage on a Basic for it's cost and negative effect so perhaps just more support Pokemon will do. One Tech Manaphy would have use but I still would want a few retreat Trainers for ability lock for Garbo and Hex.

Certainly not going to overtake the format or anything. GX attack is underwhelming but I think Blizzard Burn hits hard enough to be playable. Maybe not hardcore competitive but functional.

It doesn't seem that bad. Auto-paralysis might be useful?

*Cough* Mega Venusaur *Cough* that deck has support. With mega turbo and Lurantis GX it is easy to power up. Lapras on the other hand. No. If it wasn't a GX it would be a decent tech for water tool box.

If you didn't think auto-paralysis only once per game was bad enough, I have this little reminder for you all:

SOLGALEO-GX EXISTS.

Yep, Lapras-GX was simply doomed by the very set it came out in.

Suuuch nice artwork :eek: I'm digging these GX cards so far.

Competitively this is a bit meh, maybe good in some sort of water box deck I guess, but there are lots of cards I'd choose over this one.

i think this card is not going to see much play, with it's horrible gx attack and lower health than all other gx pokemon so far
i believe that we have some good ones like ...
ok gumshoos gx is the only one i think is going to see total domination, gumshoos is the new shaymin.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
VOTE GUMSHOOS FOR PRESIDENT 2016

I don't really get why they're wasting a GX spot for Lapras in the main set. So many new Pokémon like Alolan Ninetales, Tapu Koku or Silvally deserve a GX card. And yeah, its attack are downright awful it hurts my eyes >.<

This card is really powerful in the sense that the yellow is so bright it will blind your opponents

That ability is really strong though, and the attack is pretty good so if you can recycle well + in expanded use a Muscle Band (or Giovanni's?) you're hitting EX level at 170

Ugh... awesome energy acceleration, but Stage 2... Competition from Magnezone, except the Zone is best used in decks that are pure electric. 1 grass and 1 electric? Will need to ponder.

if the Pokémon pre-evolutions are grass type that will be fully OP with forest of Giant Plants!!!

3 retreat, man I thought this would have free retreat. Pretty cool though, ESPCIALLY if it's underlings are grass.

if the Pokémon pre-evolutions are grass type that will be fully OP with forest of Giant Plants!!!

Grubbin-Sun-Moon.png

We already know Grubbin is grass in the TCG, so if Charjabug is too then your dream comes true

Back