Flip a coin, if tails...Um...oh. crap.

Martainia

Has A Delivery
119-rocket%27s-minefield-gym.jpg

LOLWUT?

Is this a pokebeach fault, or did the card actually say that?

-Mart~

RE: Flip a coin, if tails...Um...oh. crud.

yeah i know i have it as well it's a funny card i always thought mine was a misprint, big mistake there PUSA...

Thats funny. I want that card.

You means one who played this stadium can kill opponent's pokemon from the time it set with just unlucky flip? :D
Seems like you can put infinite damage counters.

^ NO cards are banned at all. It probably has an errata issued on it, though.

Anyway, this was funny. Nice find.

MCD is correct, I do recall something like that. It was corrected in later printings.

The Crystal Shaymin said:

Wrong, there was a card banned. Sneasel from Neo Genesis. I don't quite recall the reason for it. I also think that the Slowking from the same set was either banned or severely misprinted and errata'd. http://pokebeach.com/scans/neo-genesis/14-slowking.jpg

It's Power was stackable, so if you had 4 out, your opponet basicly never got to play a trainer.

You are correct in the sense, however, that there have been no cards banned in recent years.

Yeah, I was talking about since it has been taken over by PUI. I knew those cards were banned in the WotC days, and rightly so.

Kronar said:
MCD is correct, I do recall something like that. It was corrected in later printings.

Wrong, there was a card banned. Sneasel from Neo Genesis. I don't quite recall the reason for it. I also think that the Slowking from the same set was either banned or severely misprinted and errata'd. http://pokebeach.com/scans/neo-genesis/14-slowking.jpg

It's Power was stackable, so if you had 4 out, your opponet basicly never got to play a trainer.

You are correct in the sense, however, that there have been no cards banned in recent years.
Sneasel was banned under WotC. Under Nintendo, it is not banned.

Misprint is hilarious.

Yes, that's what the card says- I have it. And yes, they meant two damage counters. Gosh, you young'uns are so impressionable. :/

elekid957 said:
big mistake there PUSA...

:|

I remember playing that card and then just simply agreed with my opponent about how many counters it meant. xD This was all just league play, but still, great fun.

Kronar said:

Sneasel was banned because there was literally nothing out that could stop it. It had a way to beat every other deck out there, simply do to its t2 speed and its ablity to hit for an OHKO t2-onwords. 60 hp was good enough to surive a hit back them, and gold berry/focus band meant it would live even longer. Slowking was banned because WOTC was too lazy to errata it to say that it had to be active to use its power (thus making him nearly unplayable) and instead it ran rampant for most of the season and dominated every tourny. Other cards that have been banned include happy birthday pikachu (since its attack was b-day relient and there was no way to determine this in a timely manner) and ancient mew (no american translation....actually, theres no japenese tranlation, either? lol).

actually...there was a translation for the ancient mew. There was a puzzle at the old TCG leagues that you could do with the attack names and whatnot.

I know that but you couldn't use it as an offical translation. Plus the card's back was all messed up (I believe) and alot of decks weren't sleeved with non-see-through sleeves.

The word you're looking for non see-through sleeves is called opaque.

I have that card! I was going to run it in my old school deck some time, but I had the same question.

Kronar said:

You are correct in the sense, however, that there have been no cards banned in recent years

yes, the Sneasel was banned because if you played a deck that could fill up your bench on T2, you could do 100... which screwed your opponent. W/ the slowking, It wasn't banned due to the fact that your opponent couldn't play any trainer cards, but due to the fact that the card went back on top of their deck, so they didn't draw anything either. total pwnge...

the Ancient mew thing was something like: 80 HP, {P} {P} 40 damage, and then it's 2nd attack, which I don't know what it does, weakness to {P}, no resistance, retreat of one...

I remember attending a tourney where the banned b-day pikachu and ancient mew as well as rocket's admin and POW hand extension. Hand extension is semi-broken but I really don't get admin.

Anyways, I did remember ancient mew has an attack, Psyche, 2 psychic energy for 40 Damage and has 40 HP. Ah, but I guess it's not official anyways.

^^What? mew had 30 hp (I think) and had only one attack that did 40 for 2.
^How is pow semi-broken? Its a meh GOW/ER.

^Hard earned DRE or scramble or maybe holon castform discarded just like that. Maybe it isn't broken now, but we were really dependant one those steroid-pumped energies back then. And a built-in gust of wind? Active claydol anyone? A sniper's training practice.

Back