• Please read THIS THREAD if you are a new trader/seller.

Thank you!

Foreign Trades Forum?

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A request has been made for a sub-forum for foreign cards and merchandise. If there is enough interest, you will be able to have one thread in this forum for the purposes of buying, selling and trading. The limitation would be no English products. Please show interest by making only one post and state your interest. ( Such what languages, cards or merchandise, buying, selling or trading. )

To start off

I am looking for all languages (especially Japanese), cards, buying, selling and trading.

Members
omahanime
konter_j8902
Darkvoid57
Javier8100
glaceon
- - 5 - -
NarcoticHobo
P0KEVORTEX
Techdeck101
aqua
Catbus
- - 10 - -
Captian Bad Kid
Artemis
pokemonjoe
richkid50000
Afro-G
- - 15 - -
Bloop
VidFox
A_RAICHU
Unique Username
THE_LORD_Of_RANGERS
- - 20 - -
SKIMMAH

Retired members
Rayquaza808
dragonitetim

RE: Foreign Forum?

I would be interested in a forum for other languages, however I feel that you would have to allow english products to be on peoples wants, but not haves as they might just be trying to get playable cards for their Merchandise/JPN cards

I agree with Konter in that they should be able to have English wants but not haves. I don't trade for foreign stuff often, and many other's don't either, so it would make the forum exclusive to only a few (or at least fewer).

I think that a forum for foreign cards would be a great idea, making it more organized for those looking for those types of cards and merchandise.

Wants, I believe should be able to be either foreign or english cards.

This would be a great idea! I really think you guys should try your best to make this happen.

I find this to be a bad idea.
Reasons:
Japanese products are a high want for most english players.
Foreign/Japanese cards are a 0% want for most english players.
The subforum seems like it would include both products and cards.
Every person would who dabbled in this would need 2 trade threads (most of which would be the same on both (wants/haves)) they would need 1 Ref thread, and the more serious people would have a selling thread. That right there is 4 threads.

I suggest anyone who has/wants foreign cards should put that in the title of their thread.

glaceon said:
It would be for Japanese products too.

So those traders who only want Japanese products will have to weed through all of the posts about cards?

Who all on this site deals heavily in Foreign-only products/cards? Very few people. The trader-base would be far too small for a foreign-only forum.

You have a point. Maybe Japanese Merchandise traders could have a prefix? That would be much easier.

glaceon said:
You have a point. Maybe Japanese Merchandise traders could have a prefix? That would be much easier.

I feel that if someone would just put "JPN Cards" in the title of their regular trade thread, it would eliminate any need for a foreign subforum. All someone would have to do is go to the search and search for JPN Cards in the title.

I don't feel like the Beach has a large enough need for a specific subforum... Just offering my input.

I also see where you're going with this Tyler, and I agree partially.

Personally I think that the Prefix tag would be an awesome idea, it's there for those who want it, and not for those who don't.

SotS said:
I also see where you're going with this Tyler, and I agree partially.

Personally I think that the Prefix tag would be an awesome idea, it's there for those who want it, and not for those who don't.

A Prefix would be mush more beneficial than a subforum in my opinion! ;)

I would really like to have a subforum! It would be awesome for us few traders who are specifically interested in Japanese cards/merchandise to see what is available all in one place. I wouldn't mind having two threads (since I feel I'm one of the traders this would affect most) and really think it would simplify the whole process for me by separating out people who are looking for my english cards and people who are looking for japanese.

konter_j8902 said:
I would be interested in a forum for other languages, however I feel that you would have to allow english products to be on peoples wants, but not haves as they might just be trying to get playable cards for their Merchandise/JPN cards
The listing of English products could dilute the usefulness of the sub-forum. Would a collector of Foreign product, really want to look through endless listings of English items to find the one item they want. You could still do an English for Foreign trade, if both parties so desired, by asking in the negotiations or by having a link to your main thread.

Tylertyphlosion said:
Every person would who dabbled in this would need 2 trade threads (most of which would be the same on both (wants/haves)) they would need 1 Ref thread, and the more serious people would have a selling thread. That right there is 4 threads.
Tylertyphlosion said:
Who all on this site deals heavily in Foreign-only products/cards? Very few people. The trader-base would be far too small for a foreign-only forum.
Are you insinuating that the Want to Buy and Selling should go? Your above statements qualify them also.

Tylertyphlosion said:
I suggest anyone who has/wants foreign cards should put that in the title of their thread.
Two problems. First in your title you have limited space, the listing of ongoing wants would cut into that space. Second that forces members scan multiple threads.

Tylertyphlosion said:
I feel that if someone would just put "JPN Cards" in the title of their regular trade thread, it would eliminate any need for a foreign subforum. All someone would have to do is go to the search and search for JPN Cards in the title.
What about Japanese Plushes, Deck Boxes, Sleeves, Toys, or Spanish cards, German cards, Korean cards, French cards?
That community may be small here at PokéBeach, but no one knows for sure. But are you saying that it will never grow if given the opportunity?
A search for "JPN Cards" would not work. The search is by individual words and JPN is shorter than the 4 letter minimum. It isn't searched.

So I'm not the only one who's stumbled across Korean boxes on eBay? :p
On-topic, I think a foreign trades forum would work very well, since the only other ways to get foreign cards are auctions, Japanese sources or on-the-spot trades/sales. I'm sure it would benefit many who trade online (although I don't myself) and make things easier.
By the way, if I were you, I'd change the title to Foreign Trades Forum instead. It makes it sound as if we'll be having translators for foreign users (despite how awesome that'd be and I could help out). :p

Thank You for the advice - omahanime

P0KEVORTEX said:
By the way, if I were you, I'd change the title to Foreign Trades Forum instead. It makes it sound as if we'll be having translators for foreign users (despite how awesome that'd be and I could help out). :p

When I hear that, foreign trades come to mind, not trading foreign stuff.

Maybe Foreign Item Trades?

I would really like to start doing that!!!! I've traded some JPN cards, but I would like to start trading for more JPN cards, I now have an intrest in them! Like what somebody said about only letting certain people access the forums, I think it could be done by how many Trades they have.

Yes this would be awesome. I primarily trade in Japanese cards and its very frustrating to go through all threads just to see who has any.

Back