Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Foretress - I don’t think there is any top tier deck that will be made from this. But with Iono in the format, this is scary and will have some possible strategies. Serperior Vstar is the first guy that comes to my mind. We need to look through our card pool before doing a final grade.

Anihilape - crazy efficient attack. Great at trading 2 prize KOs. Problem is you are a stage 2. So you will be on the backfoot when trading Prizes like this. Should at minimum be great to keep arceus, oinkologne and miraidon in check.

Mimikyu - obvious 5/5 star card. Will see play. Good to get the hoopa/blissey quite early in our block and not having to wait for it. Like how we got blissey in the 10th main set of sword and shield. The attack is not as weak to damage reduction as milktank is

JaniK

Aspiring Trainer
Fortress could finally be the card to help out Serperior vstar, giving up 2 prizes hurts but you can can hit 300 turn 2 then hide on the bench.

Its a lot but, perfect turn 2 is Blow up fortress> throw down path> iono> star winder for 300+ > end turn
Sounds great and Klefki as new active pokemon

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Fortress is very interesting, with 270hp it can most of the times attack once before having to off itself, very few decks can hit 300 damage. But then again, I don't know if it's worth the trouble of wasting 2 attachments on it to begin with, you probably want to sac it right away. We have to see what the payoff will be, right now there's nothing really worth accelerating to.

Annihilape looks boring as hell. It should have an ability and/or a more interesting second attack. First attack putting it into ko range is bad. Pass.

Mimikyu. Ah shit...here we go again. ¬¬ Why would they print this gen's wall so early? I really hate these walling mons, hopefully Mew being so prevalent and having an attack that goes through it will help keep it off the meta.

Twyxle

Aspiring Trainer
Mankey/Primeape/Annihilape ex - man, where's my Rhyperior ex? I want to see Stage 2s who normally had high attack cost to become Stage 2 exs. Anyways, Anni's main atk is a one-shot deal. -/-/3-4
Mimikyu - something talk back to me abt no answer to ex immunity can now eat their own dirt, as it is our first and effective ex immune Pokemon. 5 Geodudes
Pineco/Forretress ex - if VIV Electrode was barely even that playable, why do expect the same thing as Forretress? -/3
Well now we have iono so you COULD use foretress to Iono your opponent to 2 cards, the card has insane potential with Iono/Roxanne.

Polaris

then, where you can put the Fire Energy, eh? Also Drago VSTAR copies attacks from Dragon Pokemon. considering to run 1-1 Forrestress just for that one job could make the deck less consistent
I mean, Regidragos ability can help fetch the fire energy and Fortress filters out the grass, it doesn't seem problematic. So far all decks using Fortress seem clunky though.

DrifBoi

child kidnapping balloon
mimikyu is the spiritual successor of miltank and altaria, nice
forretress ex + serperior vstar (maybe + gardenia’s vigor) = possibly competitive deck?

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
at the cost of 2 prize cards tho, electrode was just 1. wont be worth risking the prize race over
Either way, you’re behind on prizes, so the question is not how many prizes you’re behind on, but whether you’re able to regain your lead. Electrode ex facilitated several of the best decks of the EX era, including Dark Tyranitar (the infamous 2006 Worlds BDIF), Zapdos ex/Rayquaza ex (the original Electrode ex deck), and (in RS-PK) Exeggutor from FireRed & LeafGreen, and Electrode from Base Set enabled about as many decks in Japan’s Hall of Fame format (Base-Neo with a four point deck building restriction), or at least in fan-moderated versions (which use an eight point deck building system and annually updated points lists), including variants built around Arcanine Base Set (which also saw success in Base-Fossil), Shining Raichu (which was one of the decks that got restricted further in the fan moderated Hall of Fame points lists), and Raichu from Neo Revelation (one of the earliest decks played in the Hall of Fame format), but Electrode from Evolutions and Electrode GX both failed to live up to the hype of their predecessors. The ability of Forretress ex’s partner to take OHKOs (assisted by Defiant Band, most likely) on your opponent’s Pokémon while preventing a return Knock Out via the partner Pokémon’s bulk or (less reliably) the tactical use of Iono will make or break such a deck’s competitive viability. In other words: there is historical evidence to suggest this card could be top tier, and historical evidence that warns us to tread carefully in playtesting it.

TheSchwarz14

Aspiring Trainer
Annihilape Ex = wow he look creepy but the card look insane
Foretress Ex = i totally forgot this pokemon but the card look ok
Bellibolt ex = uh ok

For snow Hazard i love Annihilape ex but i hope we'll have Baxcalibur ex, Kingambit ex, Tsareena ex and Tinkaton ex (why not Glimmora ex ?) soon. But for this extension i'm curious to see which Paradox pokemon will receive the Ex-Treatment ? Really Hope Roaring Moon and Iron Thorns even if Iron Valliant could receive this one too)

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
So that means Wo-Chein is not getting any cards in these sets?? I hate when they leave out a Pokémon like that…

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
So that means Wo-Chein is not getting any cards in these sets?? I hate when they leave out a Pokémon like that…
We don't know yet. Based on Scarlet ex/Violet ex/Triplet Beat, it seems each set will have 6 ex cards.

Snow Hazard has Squawkabilly, Chien-Pao, and now Annihilape, while Clay Burst has Ting-Lu, Chi-Yu, and then Bellibolt and Forretress. There's still 5 unrevealed ex cards, of which Wo-Chien has a likely chance of being one of them