Friday, 1/18, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai February 2008 Tins; Great Encounters Blister Pack; DP5 Release

RE: Friday, 1/18, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai February 2008 Tins; Great Encounters Bliste

Water Pokémon Master said:
Empoleon, Torterra, and Infernape weren't Lv.X's.

Yes they were <_<

Also I like the blister packs. Coin, free holo thing, good deal on packs... everyone wins.

Geez, I guess I'm the only one here who can't afford to buy enough packs to pull Dialga and Darkrai Lv.X from the packs. The tins are great because those of us who aren't old enough to have a job just can't afford to buy the boxes. If it weren't for the tins, I probably would never get Dialga and Darkrai Lv.X.

I believe the Infernape/Torterra/Empoleon non-lv.X tins were only native in the international countries. I don't remember getting them here in the US since we got the same foils in the theme decks.

That makes me feel we will be getting the lv.Xs in the tins. I'd put my money on it if I had any money.

Infernape/Torterra/Empoleon non-lv.X tins were only native in the international countries

they were everywhere , where do you live we had them in the US

DogMaster40 said:
Geez, I guess I'm the only one here who can't afford to buy enough packs to pull Dialga and Darkrai Lv.X from the packs. The tins are great because those of us who aren't old enough to have a job just can't afford to buy the boxes. If it weren't for the tins, I probably would never get Dialga and Darkrai Lv.X.

No, you're not the only one. I'm in the exact same situation. I know most people would probably disagree with me, but I hope that the lv. Xs are in the tins, because my parents don't like me spending $80 on Pokemon cards.

RE: Friday, 1/18, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai February 2008 Tins; Great Encounters Bliste

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:

Yes they were <_<

Also I like the blister packs. Coin, free holo thing, good deal on packs... everyone wins.

I was talking about the tins in reply to the person above me, not the actual Pokemon.

increpar said:
what alternative darkrai lv x would they use.....

im pretty sure theres only one darkrai lv x, i know theres like 3 regular darkrai tho.....

We had a Lucario Lv.X tin, but no Magmortar and Electivire.

We don't have a picture of Darkrai tin yet, maybe we are not going to get that one. But, that's just a guess...

randomman29 said:
increpar said:
" don't put Darkai Lv.X in a tin(It's to good of a gard for that). "

you are so correct....
Edit: Darkai is too powerful for just anybody to use.
Darkrai Lv.X is pathetically bad. Hit a heads on Wild Kick and then evolve to Lucario next turn and it's knocked out already

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:

Yes they were <_<

I was talking about the tins in reply to the person above me, not the actual Pokemon.

Okay who hacked your account?
http://www.pokebeach.com/?start_from=60&ucat=&archive=&subaction=&id=&

Po-Po-Pocchama said:
randomman29 said:
increpar said:
" don't put Darkai Lv.X in a tin(It's to good of a card for that). "

you are so correct....
Edit: Darkai is too powerful for just anybody to use.
Darkrai Lv.X is pathetically bad. Hit a heads on Wild Kick and then evolve to Lucario next turn and it's knocked out already

What world are you from?
Darkrai can not be defeated so easily.

Oh, I guess my brain broke. :p I was thinking of the original tins where they were supposed to have the regular Pokemon until they changed them to Lv.X's.

http://www.pokebeach.com/?start_from=85&ucat=&archive=&subaction=&id=&

It's true that all the other tins have had lv.X's in them, which makes it very obvious that the Dialga, Palkia and Darkrai tins would have their lv.X versions in them as well. It just seems like a really stupid idea to put Darkrai lv.X in a tin. That card is so... Crazy! Either they don't put it in the tins cause it would dramatically lower the cards value and make it hugely more played, OR they WILL put it in there just to make it more easily obtainable, making it less likely to appear in game play since more people would be able to use them and that way make people consider other decks. ;) There would be a dramatic outbrake of Darkarai lv.X in decks, but the fad would die out soon after cause the card would be even too popular and no one likes too popular decks (like I hate Mario and Blissey). (Hehe... Just brainstorming today)

It's gonna be either the Players Club promos, or the lv.X's. If it's neither of those and not a completely new never before seen card, I will just be mortified of PUI's stupidity :/ (Like I was with POP6) We'll just have to wait and see.

It'll be horrible if we get Dialga and Palkia DP reprinted for the third time for the tins...I would not buy them. (Unless it was cheaper for the packs.)

I don't know if this is of any use, but a UK online retailer, Play.com, has them pictured for pre-order but with Japanese cards. I didn't think they got exactly the same tins as us in Japan, so maybe its our tins with their cards. Anyway thought I'd share, as it takes a bit of rootling around.

4156513x.jpg

4156538x.jpg

The Darkrai one doesn't show up normally, and they seem to have hidden it, but a Google shopping search throws it up as small

base_media

Thanks,
MG

I already saw those - they are in Japanese and only for display purposes, just like how the original Empoleon, Torterra, and Infernape tins originally had the regular ones in them and not the Lv.X's. We can't say what will be in them based on those images.

manicgiraffe said:
I don't know if this is of any use, but a UK online retailer, Play.com, has them pictured for pre-order but with Japanese cards. I didn't think they got exactly the same tins as us in Japan, so maybe its our tins with their cards. Anyway thought I'd share, as it takes a bit of rootling around.

4156513x.jpg

4156538x.jpg

The Darkrai one doesn't show up normally, and they seem to have hidden it, but a Google shopping search throws it up as small

base_media

Thanks,
MG

Hmmm..that's interesting. But like WPM said, the Lv. X Pokemon could only be their for display purposes only.

I do like the Darkrai tin....

Oh, okay. Sorry for bringing you old news :/

Since they're better images I thought maybe no one had spotted them. I'll go back to lurking now.

MG

If you find things like that in the future, post them! It doesn't matter if they're old or not - in the future, they could be completely new. :D

manicgiraffe said:
Oh, okay. Sorry for bringing you old news :/

Since they're better images I thought maybe no one had spotted them. I'll go back to lurking now.

MG

No need to be sorry. Like WPM said, you maybe bring us completly new news someday. And I'm really glad you found a scan of the Darkrai tin.

I'm convinced that we'll get the Dialga and the Palkia level X alternate pics in the tins and the Darkrai with enigma berry (or Moon Hunting/Night Dashing one) in the Darkrai tin.

I was so close to buying the Infernape, Empoleon and Torterra tins. Somehow I didn't buy them in the end. Lol, I don't even remember why.

Back