Friday, 2/29, POP 7 Scans and Set List, No New Characters in SSBB

Why Did they scrap Mewtwo and all these Pokemon? They could have ditched Jigglypuff and added Mewtwo. If Blaziken was considered as a character why did they scrap him? He would have been an awesome character to go with Charizard. If they really wanted to make it the best of the best then they would have added them. Same goes for Darkrai and Shaymen. They ditched those Pokemon in the final copy because it would run a bit slower. There are questions unanswered and can go forever but if they really wanted it to be the best then they would have added them to the game I would have rather had a slower game than characters that got ditched. As a title for DBZ reads. "Last Ditch Effort" means they did the ditching at the last minute.:(:)

At least we can have a cool loking Sentret/Stantler. I personally wouldn't mind pulling a Gallade though.

although I'm still unhappy about the reprints, it isn't that bad of a set. Hopefully the Mothim will be the new one. Thnax for the scans WPM

I thought the Japanese Promos were going to be reprinted into english, that'll save some space in MD. But well. It sucks, FTL, Sadpanda, lame, crappy, stupid. But, all in all, I'm happy cause Gallade's in them. :D

xxashxx said:
They could have ditched Jigglypuff
/me gets knife

Wanting another character out just so your favourite is added is VERY self-centered. If anything Lucario obviously replaced mewtwo, Jigglypuff is innocent. I don't get why Sakurai removed Mewtwo either, but hey, that doesn't mean you should wish for others to be removed, there's nothing you can do about it anymore.
BTW, you got charizard, you really can't complain :S

Actually, WPM, the files could have been big enough to just provide characters with alternative costumes (Dr.Mario for Mario, for example), in which case Pluse and Minum would just be alternative costumes for Pikachu. They were both in the same character file, Popo and Nana each have their own file, so either way, if P&M would have been a separate character, Minum would just be Plusle's alternative costume. From what I've heard, Mewtwo and Roy had the biggest files, which basically means they were both last-minute cuts, a true shame, they even had victory music...

Ok... The only plus side in this set for me is that now I can use those Japanese Ampharos and Gallade+evolines I got from my Dialga/Palkia theme decks :F

Gallade's prize will come down. That's good.

Why is there Burmy Sandy and Burmy Plant but only Wormadam Sandy? :/ Burmy Plant can't be there only for Mothim... o_o Weird...

I was hoping for even some good trainers X( Even Amulet Coin and Leftovers would have been enough.

POP7 rides on Gallade.

Hi I kind of didn't understand. When it said every single card came from the DP3 and DP4 sets, did it mean the actual card (like our english versions just in different sets) or the artwork? Oh and do are they only in the theme decks in Japan?

I'm so disappointed with POP7. I thought POP6 was bad, but this is actually worse. All the cards (apart from maybe Mothim (which we can hope is the Japanese promo)) are reprints in POP7, but at least in POP6 they had the decency to put in 2 new cards (the Gible and Pikachu) IIRC. I suppose the fact that the POP7 ones actually look quite cool kind of makes up for that fact, but still...

xxashxx said:
They could have ditched Jigglypuff
I'm too annoyed about POP7 to be as annoyed about this as HS is.

hmm sad for pop7, i'm sure players wont really care for winning this seasons tournament packs again. they should really do LV.X's or * star pokemon would make it worth wild to play in league and tournaments.[/align]

sentret, stantler, ralts line are still good for those who dont like rev foils but want to go for a great artwork.

Gallade and Mothim are all I would be shooting for, but I won't want to because all the cards are stinking reprints again. It really sucks sometimes..;( At least the artwork is astounding for the cards so far.

The first day I read that interview, I was saddened and overjoyed at the same time. No Mewtwo or any other characters. :( I was right all along. :) I knew there was never going to be DLC for SSBB, but I have to admit I almost believed that Mewtwo and Roy were going to be in the English version of SSBB. Ah well, looks like we'll have to suck up the roster whether we like it or not.

dmaster out.

POP Series 7 being all reprints should be no big deal. They are cards new players in the game can grab hold of and use for their decks or for the collectors who like alternate artwork. I look forward to seeing these next Saturday at League.

Back