Full Art Briar from Stellar Miracle!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The full art version of Briar was just revealed from Stellar Miracle, which releases in Japan on July 19th. We expect its cards to become part of our Stellar Crown on September 13th.
Briar – Trainer
Supporter
You can play this card only if your opponent has exactly 2 Prize cards remaining.
Until the end of this turn, if your opponent’s Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from 1 of your Tera Pokémon’s attacks, take 1 more Prize card.
You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn.

Continue reading...

Turns dragapult's 4-prize turn into a 5-prize turn, not scary at all. Plz don't reprint Lt. Surge's Strategy
This is wrong on so many levels.

1) You cannot take all 4 sometimes, you have to take 3, ruining the tempo.

2) Most decks end up with a 2 prizer up, anyway and the turn you use briar, you can't boss, leaving you with prime catcher as the most reliable option.

Regardless, this mostly affects single prizer decks and is inconsistent, so i doubt it will see much play.

It is the type of card that is good one weekend and bad the next one as the deck it hard counters sees little to no play.

3) Dragapult isn't even worrysome, deck is too slow. It gives you ample turns to do stuff, so by the time this card is a factor, that's more on your deck than on briar itself.

If anything, it threatens dragapult more more as it can't hide below dreepys early game (because again, deck is slow AF) and late game rad zard (to try and correct late game tempo) anymore.

Moreover, it doesn't even work with counters, just with damage to the active, so you need catcher aswell (alongside briar) to get the value which is unreliable, is also unlikely the best option as ace spec.

Last edited:
Naoki Saito is my favourite artist for Pokemon TCG. I collect almost all of his English cards (and lament there being so many good ones exclusive to JPN). This one will make a fine addition to my collection :D

Back