• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Future: M Mewtwo Y / Bronzong / Golduck BREAK

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
Pokemon: 21
  • 3 Mewtwo EX BRE
  • 3 M Mewtwo Y BRE
  • 3-3 Bronzong PHF
  • 2-2-2 Golduck BREAK
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Bunnelby PRC
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 27
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link (Assuming it cones out)
  • 4 Ultra ball
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Judge
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
Energy: 12
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Metal Energy
Strategy:

This strategy features M Mewtwo Y from XY Break, Bronzong PHF, and Golduck BREAK. Bronzong PHF uses Metal Links to attach Metals on the Bench and Golduck BREAK's ability lets you move them around freely to whatever Pokemon you like, meaning you can Metal Links and then power up a M Mewtwo efficiently. I think M Mewtwo pairs well with M Manectric or Bronzong PHF. For those that don't know what M Mewtwo does, for 2 Colorless energy its attack does 10 damage plus 30 for each energy attached to it and the opponent's active, meaning if there are a combined 6 energy between M Mewtwo and the defending Pokemon, you hit for 190, which is really good. Also, Max Potion is getting a reprint, which is great for this deck, since Golduck BREAK can move all energy off of M Mewtwo in order for you to heal without discarding energy. In the event that you should have to get a DCE discarded off of Max Potion, bunnelby is there to use rototiller to recover it.

Text scans:
Mewtwo-EX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Photon Wave: 30 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 30 damage.

[P][P][C][C] Psycho Burn: 120 damage.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

M Mewtwo EX - Psychic - HP210

Mega Evolution – Evolves from Mewtwo-EX

When 1 of your Pokemon become a Mega Evolution, your turn ends.

[C][C] Psychic Infinity: 10+ damage. This attack does 10 damage plus 30 more damage for each Energy attached to each player’s Pokemon both player’s Active Pokemon. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Psychic x2
Retreat: 2

Psyduck – Water – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Stampede: 20 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Retreat: 1

Golduck – Water – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Psyduck

[W] Derail: 20 damage. Discard a Special Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[W][C][C] Hydro Splash: 70 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Retreat: 1

Golduck BREAK – Water – HP140
BREAK Evolution

Ability: Hyper Trans
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a Basic Energy from 1 of your Pokemon to another 1 of your Pokemon.

This Pokemon has the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of the Golduck it Break Evolved from.

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113

Last edited:
Could you please include in the original post scans / card text of all cards not yet released in English? Thanks!

I like this deck idea really creative i hadn't thought of it and also there is a mewtwo spirit link confirmed. The only things I would see you could change is maybe run 2 judge for some disruption and only run two birches but besides that I really like the idea.

While I really like the idea, I'd only run it for fun as I think a more streamlined variant would be more consistent and viable in a competitive scenario: having two evolution lines for set up seems a little clunky, especially since you have a stage two line that can't be accelerated. Bench space also becomes a premium. I don't want to be worrying about whether I'll have room to play a second Shaymin later in the game.

Personally I'd drop the Golduck line and run this more like standard Metal Ray: running Metal Energy gives access to Aegislash and Heatran which give you outs to Vespiquen/NM and Regice which could otherwise cause problems... you could add all sorts with the extra space, even Mega Turbos if you really want to ramp that energy up.

I'm also thinking another Shaymin and a Hoopa would help get you set up faster. Turn one ultra ball into Mewtwo, M Mewtwo and Shaymin is very powerful. The more I think about it the more I don't like the Golduck line here. Moving energy from the bench to my active pokemon is great, but it isn't going to happen fast enough.

I'm wondering if a fairy variant with Xerneas/Aromatisse might be an option. While Xerneas does need to attack, he takes the frontline while you set up, is generally online quicker than Bronzong and Aromatisse is only a stage one line. 2 Geomancy's and a DCE and bam, 190 Damage. Fairy Garden for the free retreat/switches.

I'll stop prattling on now... cool deck, I just worry about consistency.

Maybe take out the 2-2 Golduck line and add a couple Archie's Ace in the Hole to save deck space. Like @Sjokwaave said, Aegislash EX is a nice tech, and so is Heatran PHF, which is a good non-EX attacker.

I would also take out the Golduck line and run this like a standard Metal deck. I agree with the addition of Hoopa, but if you do, add some Skyfield. The advantage that this deck has over Metal Ray, IMO, is that you don't have to rely on Skyfield for damage. So you can grab Hoopa and lay down your bench (including Shaymins), then just get rid of them for good when Skyfield is replaced.

One tech I've been trying in a Metal deck is Bouffalant (PRC). Allows you another 1-prize attacker alongside Heatran, has a decent attack that discards Special Energy and OHKOs Vespiquen thanks to its ability. So that may be worth looking at.

If you want a secondary attacker, you can't go wrong with things like Aegislash EX, Lugia EX, Heatran PHF, etc. If you really want to keep "Gold" Duck, you could drop the Psyduck and add Archie's Ace in the Hole. You can't get BREAK with him, but it could allow for easier setup and some extra draw power. I would even say drop to 1 Golduck and 1 "Gold" Duck to add any secondary attacker you want. I can't vouch for it's effectiveness since this set has barely released, but it's just a thought to be taken with a grain of salt.

Back