• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: Vilemilk (Miltank / Vileplume)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16
  • Miltank x4
  • Oddish x2
  • Gloom x2
  • Vileplume x2
  • Wobbuffet x1
  • Shaymin-EX x2
  • Lugia-EX x2
  • Unown x1
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • Professor Sycamore x4
  • Shauna x3
  • Teammates x2
  • Lysandre x2
  • AZ x3
  • Xerosic x1

• Ultra Ball x3
  • Level Ball x2
  • Muscle Band x4
  • Sacred Ash x1
  • Switch x2
  • Professor's Letter x2
  • VS Seeker x3

• Giant Plant Forest x3
  • Silent Lab x1

Energy: 8
  • 8 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

When thinking about potential attackers for the upcoming Vileplume from Ancient Origins, I realised that Miltank (FLF) can hit for a potential 100 damage (with Muscle Band + Vileplume benched) for just one energy, 2HKOing anything with 200 or less HP while locking Items with Vileplume. Wobbuffet is in there to shut down your own Vileplume to play items when you need to, as well as locking the opponent.

This decklist anticipates an XY-on rotation, hence the Supporter line. With my item lineup, I tried to heighten the chance of getting a Vileplume up in the first couple of turns with Evosodas/Trainer's Mails/Ultra Balls. I'm not sure if Evosoda will work with Giant Plant Forest because Evosoda's wording seems to prevent it, but we'll see.

I've put two Mystery Energy in for Wobbuffet to retreat, but if I end up dropping Wobbuffet to 1 I'll probably do the same for Mystery Energy. Other than that, Miltank only needs one Energy to attack so I only put 6 Psychic in and 2 Professor's Letters to search for them.

Overall I imagine this deck could be pretty effective- a one-prize attacker hitting for high numbers while Vileplume locks items. Whether it'll beat Toad or Trevenant, however, is anyone's guess.

Unreleased cards;

Vileplume – Grass – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Gloom

Ability: Frustrating Pollen
As long as this Pokemon is in play, both you and your opponent can’t play Item cards.

[G][G][C] Solar Beam: 70 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Unown – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Last Will
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it. (This doesn’t count as a Knocked Out Pokemon.) Then, draw a card.

[C] Hidden Power: 10 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 1

Lugia-EX – Colorless – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Aero Ball: 20x damage. Does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to this Pokemon and the Defending Pokemon.

[C][C][C][C] Deep Hurricane: 80+ damage. If there is any Stadium card in play, this attack does 70 more damage. Discard that Stadium card.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Giant Plant Forest – Trainer
Stadium

Each player’s [G] Pokemon can Evolve during the first turn and on the turn they were put into play.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Last edited:
I generally do not like lock decks but this seems really nice! You can also consider a Vicreebel from FFI to poison and sleep your opponent if needed. More inconsistent but adds diversity!

-3 Evosoda
-1 Shaymin EX

+1 Muscle Band
+1 Vileplume
+1 Oddish
+1 Wobbufett

As far as I know, Evosoda will not work with Big Plant Forest, and is overall not needed because you have Ultra Ball. I don't really think Shaymin EX will help that much when you're only playing one.

I feel miltank will be a good partner with vileplume because it only needs 1 energy to do 80 but with vileplume you won't be able to use items either so I would play more supporters and some big ex's with more energy since games will be slow but I feel taking out your items would be better since for most if the game you won't be able to use them. Just a thought well have to see what else comes out with this set to see what could help this strategy.

Have made the suggested changes. Victreebel/Miltank is also a good idea, as you can lock down the opponent with what is essentially a Hypnotoxic Laser to allow for a bit of extra damage. I will probably try that variant out too.

I may add a Lugia-EX into this deck when it's released, just to have a big HP EX to finish up games, but I need items to search out bits of Vileplume or Energy to start the game off. On top of that, Wobbuffet's in the deck to shut off my own Vileplume's ability, allowing me to use items when I need to.

For example, if a Miltank is knocked out, I can promote Wobbuffet with Mystery Energy, then play any items I need to set up another Miltank on the bench and retreat the Wobbuffet for free to start my attack/lock again.

I would suggest running less items. I don't see you switching too often considering your miltank takes 2 energy to retreat, and you can't exactly use Switch to get it out of the active spot while Vileplume is up. So I mostly only see you being able to use items after a Pokémon faints, or if your opponent uses Lysandre to bring up your Wobbuffet for you.

In them empty spots, I'd suggest running a few Shaymin-EX to increase draw power, since you won't always be able to use Ultra Ball / Professor's Letter / Trainer's Mail. Shaymin-EX can also fix starting hands where you have no draw supporter, as long as you can get your hand down in size.

You can also run Unown from Ancient Origins. It's ability can provide a way to get through your cards faster since you can't use items for that job as often.
Unown – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Last Will
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it. (This doesn’t count as a Knocked Out Pokemon.) Then, draw a card.

[C] Hidden Power: 10 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)

I would look into adding 2x Teammates. I've found with Miltank decks you will almost always end up trading 2-3 Miltanks (especially with a Fighting weakness), and worst case you can't grab one from the discard with a VS Seeker thanks to Vileplume. Miltank decks also need another attacker for when you run out of cows, and I'm not convinced that Wobbuffet has enough damage output to fill that role.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I've taken them into consideration and added a few more things;

I've added 2 Shaymin simply for the draw power, and upped AZ to three in order to continually reuse the Shaymins, giving me a way to draw through my deck when Vileplume's locking items. I dropped Wobbuffet to one because I feel I only need one to disable Vileplume in a pinch, and as I've cut down on items anyway, it probably won't be as necessary. I also added 2 Teammates, as per suggestions.

For the extra attacker I put in Lugia-EX, so I may actually add some DCEs in the future. I've considered adding Hoopa-EX to this deck to add to the Shaymin engine (Play Hoopa, grab 2 Shaymin and a Lugia, start drawing through the deck) but I'm not so sure about that just yet.

And yeah, cut down on the items massively. I tried to leave what I thought were the essentials- search options for getting Vileplume/Miltank out, Muscle Bands and other various staples. As I cut Wobbuffet down to 1, I cut out the Mystery Energy completely and just went for 8 Psychic Energy. 2 Professor's Letters might not be as necessary for this then, thinking about it. But we will see.

Back