• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gamabunta!! (Seismitoad EX / Slowking)

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
Pokémon: 13
  • 3 Seismitoad EX
  • 1 Hoopa EX
  • 3 Shaymin EX
  • 3 Slowpoke BPT
  • 3 Slowking BPT
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 40
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Dive Ball
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Switch
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 3 Rough Seas
Energy: 7
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Water Energy
Strategy:

The strategy here is to use Seismitoad EX's Quaking Punch to block opponents' items, but you all know what Quaking Punch does. Slowking, however, is a new card introduced in BreakPoint with the Royal Flash Ability. When you use Royal Flash, you flip a coin, if heads you move an energy card from the Active Pokemon to one of their Benched Pokemon. This can mean Basic Lightning, Fire, Psychic, etc. or even things like DCEs, Double Dragon Energy, and Strong Energy. As you can imagine, this would be very disruptive. For example, if you are playing this against a Lucario-EX/Bats deck and you were to Royal Flash a strong energy onto, say, a Golbat, the Strong Energy would be discarded since it can only be attached to [F] Pokemon. The same goes for Double Dragon Energy, Wonder Energy, Shield Energy, and the like. The only things this deck struggles with are limited bench space (I'm thinking of making Sky Field my Stadium of choice) and Fairy Toolbox decks, seeing as how they can just move the energy right back (which I don't yet have a solution for). Any suggestions would be much appreciated and I welcome any feedback.

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113

I would recommend to take out Hoopa because to me you have good draw power but if you play Hoopa and 3 exs you will only have one bench space I wouldn't play Hoopa unless you have sky field

Also this is just for fun try and add in hammers seems like a cool combo with slowing

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi LoneWolf,

Nice to see you back. Like the deck idea in general but not sure if Seismitoad Ex has a sufficient damage output to handle the meta. I would consider to run Crushing Hammer in addition to Slowking since he is restricted to move energy from the active to a benched Pokémon and would not work at all when you are faced with a single defender.

Not sure Hoopa Ex is needed in this deck. He consumes bench space and I would rather have an additional Ultra Ball instead of him in this deck.

The supporters do not seem to be teched out and the deck does not run Archie. What has been the reason to include Battle Compressor in this deck? In a deck focused on fast access to supporters using the Battle Compressor engine I would consider to tech out the supporters. Run four Sycamore and a punch of disruptive supporters as one-offs that fit the theme of the deck. I would retain AZ, Lysandre and Judge and cut the others for Giovanni, Delinquent and Team Flare Grunt. This opens up three deck slots for Crushing Hammers and results in a total of ten supporters.

Still concerned about the low damage output since Seismitoad Ex is restricted to 50 damage if you want to maintain the item lock. You could use Burst Balloon and Eco Arm to increase the damage output but I do not think that it will be better than e.g. Trevenant who is a non-Ex locker and attacker. In my own Seismitoad Ex deck I took another route focusing on hand and draw denial and Empoleon to increase the damage output. With two to three of him on the bench Seismitoad starts to carry his weight as a Pokémon Ex with Fighting Fury Belt since he now hits for 80-100 damage while maintaining the item lock.

Hope this provides some initial assistance. Would like to hear your thoughts on the topics raised in the review.

I run a deck similar to this.

4- Seismitoad
2- Shaymin
2- slowpoke
2- slowking

4 professor sycamore
2 Birch
2 Lysandre
2 Team Flare Grunt
1 Xerosic
1 Skyla
1 Judge
1 AZ
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers Mail
4 Crushing Hammer
3 Red Card
3 Muscle Bands
2 Head Ringers
2 Enhanced Hammers
2 Float Stones
1 Startling Megaphone
3 Silent Lab

4 DCE

@Dark Espeon

So you run Archie's then? Seems like a long setup to me if your main goal is item lock. You can always just item lock for 30 with bursting balloons between turns. I have run into problems getting Lysandre'd my slowking or Shaymin out front without a float stone in sight. Of course Shaymin is easier to run away with. This just gave me a really good idea for a deck. Trevenant Break/ Shaymin. Shaymin is the main attacker hitting for 50/turn and returning to your hand with the DCE then you have Trevenant Break item locking the opponent between turns and free retreat and can also hit all for 30 dmg of need be. Sounds fun! But anyways. The toad/ cards deck will become very popular here soon because so many decks are becoming dependent on items.

Hi Pokedad,

The full list of my seismitoad deck can be seen by clicking on the link above. I run Archie's Empoleon since the deck in essence plays out its hand and has Octillery and archie to recover from it. It is a lot more consistent than it looks on paper. With Red Card and Delinquent in addition to Silent Lab the Lysandre scenario you described is a lot less likely. Trevenant Break Shaymin is in essence a great deck. No need to attack with Shaymin. Attack with Trevenant and Trevenant Break while Burst Balloon is attached. It is more consistent and does not interfere with the Burst Balloon attachments that tend to assist the deck a lot.

I only thought about attacking with Shaymin to be able to save that DCE from being removed by grunts, hammers or Xerosic. As far as your deck goes, it's more of a multi strategy deck than just disrupt and control. It is interesting and worth a try, but there's a difference in decks for sure.

Back