Pokemon Girls vs. Boys

Are you a boy or girl

• Total voters
I thought different stuart lol

I checked and i believe im a boy

Oh, thought you meant which do you play as more. xD

In some games I choose the female gender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9595H6pCDk8

Annotations should be on, yeah, are you a boy or are you a girl? or...

Are you gender confused? =D

I am not gender confused...people just have to think I'm a girl when I'm not...

Anyway, like I said, Pokemon is trying to make more girls play by appealing to them with cute Pokemon

xD I wasn't saying you were gender confused...but trust me, I've had some guys think I was a girl in real life.

Some hit on me...WHICH IS SCARY DX

I think the reason why they created the playable girl character was becasue many girls were buying the games

One thing that I've noticed is that most girls who play the TCG are... well, kinda bad.
No offense to anyone, but has a girl ever made T4 at Worlds or Nats?

It's not just Pokemon, either. How many girls play Magic or D&D or video games (good ones, not cutesy stuff like Nintendogs)?

Sweet Dawn said:
Still, I think they're trying to attract more girls by making cuter Pokemon...

And they are trying to attract more boys by making each girl "hot" (May, a 10 year old in the body of a 14 year old, Dawn's love affair with mini skirts)

Poke_Gal said:
And they are trying to attract more boys by making each girl "hot" (May, a 10 year old in the body of a 14 year old, Dawn's love affair with mini skirts)

No that's for the guys. The want more guys to watch the show

How many girls play Magic or D&D or video games (good ones, not cutesy stuff like Nintendogs)?

*cough* Does Brawl count as a good video game?

I'm a HUGE Pokemon fan. Yes, I am a girl... and I HATE cute Pokemon... unless you consider Venomoth and Ludicolo cute...

~Psy

psyrose3 said:
How many girls play Magic or D&D or video games (good ones, not cutesy stuff like Nintendogs)?

I'm a HUGE Pokemon fan. Yes, I am a girl... and I HATE cute Pokemon... unless you consider Venomoth and Ludicolo cute...

~Psy

I used to like the more girl Pokemon, but that has changed ever since Dawn came in. No offense, but you must admit, she can be an extreme cute type of girl at certain points. Plus her wardrobe and her Pokemon... need I say more?

Now, I like water Pokemon.

I'm not totally sure that margin in the boys to girls playing pokemon is 100% accurate. Sure with a main character on the tv show that is a male, and the overall appearence of some pokemon being very masculine doesn't help much, but I don't think it drives females away.

luckyluigi7 said:
Did you know that most people who play pokemon are young adults. That's why there's a company who designs pokemon clothing. Now that suprised me! :p

Then again, most of the mods here, and some of the members are over 20. :)

Exactly! I was also reading somewhere that more girls play Pokemon that boys.

Darth Caedus said:
One thing that I've noticed is that most girls who play the TCG are... well, kinda bad.
No offense to anyone, but has a girl ever made T4 at Worlds or Nats?

It's not just Pokemon, either. How many girls play Magic or D&D or video games (good ones, not cutesy stuff like Nintendogs)?

Umm... let's see. YES!! I'm pretty sure a girl WON worlds this year...

pwnd.

I notice the fact that most of the girls in my area play either:
EmpoZong
Eeveelutions
or Torterrible.

psyrose3 said:

~Psy
There's really nothing else fitting for ludicolo and venomoth >_>.

Back