Pokemon Girls vs. Boys

Are you a boy or girl

• Total voters
TCG Trader said:
Umm... let's see. YES!! I'm pretty sure a girl WON worlds this year...

Did you seriously think that I would believe that?

Just so everyone stops taking my post the wrong way, I am a girl. Screen names are not a reliable source of information.:p

Note that this thread is not politically correct for the lack of options for trans-genders.

Note that I don't honestly care and I see quite a few girls at all the tournaments I go to. Makes things a lot more fun :)

I'm a girl, I play the TCG and video games. I play the TCG more hard-core, however. Then again, I have all the legendary Pokemon in my video games (nearly all the Pokemon).

I would like to try the D/P video games but lo, I only have a Gameboy SP.

I never tried to go into the TCG league because there isn't a nearby location in my area (unless I travel 100 miles).

*To the silly gooses who didn't know, Gal does indeed stand for girl. :p*

Well now you're just getting into sex discrimination. If I made a game where there were giant green monsters who drank their own blood and had mold grow on their eyes would that appeal to boys more than girls? I think its split 50-50, or at least it should be. There is NO difference mentally between boys and girls besides the fact that USUALLY they go for the opposite sex.

Dude this isnt sex discrimination im just asking who this appels to more, Boys or girls. It wouldnt matter if I said if eather cats or dogs like pokemon better, its just a question

Sweet Dawn said:
Since they added the girl playable in the games, more and more girls play the games...

I'm not sure about the TCG, though...

From what I have seen, the boy to girl ratio as far as the games go is 3:2. In the TCG, it is 9:1 without a doubt. I've seen about three females playing the TCG competitively.

Boys play more of both than girls. I don't think more girls playing than boys would affect anything, but it may also increase the boys. Idk.

Also, I am male, but I voted for female to be different, so don't get confused. :O I'm probably the only boy who did that lol.

Well, I can see why more boys play pokemon. Girls may not want their cute little pokemon beating the crap out of other cute little pokemon.

Just wanted to say, that here, in SoCal. I have seen quite a few female TCG Players. My League is run by an adult woman (her name is Lynette, her son is a Professor). At the two big tournaments in Pasadena earlier this year I brought my girlfriend (who can play very well, mind you). Infact, now that I think about, there are a couple of...well couples on the tourney scene down here. Not just me & my girl. ALSO, if were able to get my hands on the pics WPM took at Regionals, I'd have documented evidence.

Darth Caedus said:
One thing that I've noticed is that most girls who play the TCG are... well, kinda bad.
No offense to anyone, but has a girl ever made T4 at Worlds or Nats?

It's not just Pokemon, either. How many girls play Magic or D&D or video games (good ones, not cutesy stuff like Nintendogs)?

Now that is just mean. Think about the ratios. The odds of a girl making it that far is a heck of a lot less than it is for a guy. I'm female and have top cut a fair share of tournaments. Multiple Battle roads, multiple cities, and I was 3 places shy of top cutting at regionals this past year. Mind you, one of those guys ahead of me got 2nd at nats last year. Not all girls are as terrible at the game as you may think. Try coming to Ohio and playing in masters for a while. You may change your mind really fast.

I know you're female as well. I know you play in a lot of Virginia tournaments and whatnot.

Secretsof2113 said:
Darth Caedus said:
One thing that I've noticed is that most girls who play the TCG are... well, kinda bad.

It's not just Pokemon, either. How many girls play Magic or D&D or video games (good ones, not cutesy stuff like Nintendogs)?

Now that is just mean. Think about the ratios. The odds of a girl making it that far is a heck of a lot less than it is for a guy. I'm female and have top cut a fair share of tournaments. Multiple Battle roads, multiple cities, and I was 3 places shy of top cutting at regionals this past year. Mind you, one of those guys ahead of me got 2nd at nats last year. Not all girls are as terrible at the game as you may think. Try coming to Ohio and playing in masters for a while. You may change your mind really fast.

I know you're female as well. I know you play in a lot of Virginia tournaments and whatnot.

My post wasn't intended to be mean. I said most, not all. I don't think all girls are terrible at the game.

Oh great, more masters-division arrogance. I am in Masters, and as far as I know Nats was in Ohio. So sorry I can't afford to drive that far every single weekend for the sole purpose of proving myself to someone I've never even met./sarcasm

Yeah, I don't care if you know that. And since you seem to want to turn this into an argument over which of us is a better player, I'm not as bad as you seem to think.

Darth Caedus said:
Secretsof2113 said:
Darth Caedus said:

My post wasn't intended to be mean. I said most, not all. I don't think all girls are terrible at the game.

Oh great, more masters-division arrogance. I am in Masters, and as far as I know Nats was in Ohio. So sorry I can't afford to drive that far every single weekend for the sole purpose of proving myself to someone I've never even met./sarcasm

Yeah, I don't care if you know that. And since you seem to want to turn this into an argument over which of us is a better player, I'm not as bad as you seem to think.

Wow, way to skew what I wrote and try to turn it into an argument. I know you're in masters. I'm well aware of it. What I'm saying is, a lot of the female Ohio players are very good. I assume that you're getting your judgement based on players from your area. Just because you're female, doesn't mean you're automatically going to stink at the game. Heck, being female gives some of us an advantage, since there are so few of us.

Look i am fed up of the gender argument! i mean theres always some stupid advert where theres a competition between girls and boys and the girls win because as a male I think that everyone needs to stop this and except each other as equals nothing more nothing less! Secret i disagree with you but I ALSO don't agree with Darth because secret being female gives you no advantage and you know that! strength comes from dedication and spirit so being any gender gives no advantage over the other its your will that gets you that advantage! And Darth you seem to think that being female instantly makes you no good at games and all the other tcg, franchises and online rpg's, that again is wrong since if a girl WANTS to play games etc. then they will play! The only reason that girls don't play those games is because they would not hear about it since the rapidly dissipating idea that genders get from a young age that to fit in they have to play football or like Barbie. Since this idea is going away more and more people will start liking things which typically would be liked by the other gender. please dont take this as a personal insult and lets all try to remember the purpose of this thread.

Back