DPPt/HGSS Hacking. Good or Bad?

Do you agree with use of these devices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we all have a little urge to hack at one point or another....
Not fully saying it is good or not, but I believe the game becomes boring when you complete it and maybe I dont want to start it over again, so thats where my action replay comes in. But of course, I would never use Hacked pokemon in an online battle. That is just wrong.

Well sometime hacking can be fun since you as a gamer are experiencing something that you couldn't do with a cheating device. There maybe a point where you might actually try it out and see how it is. Some people may not like hacking since it spoils the game or for another reason they might not hack. Though I sometimes like to hack. I like to use my Action Replay on my DS while playing Pokemon Diamond. After I finish the game I just use the Action Replay because I am tired of just fighting Pokemon and doing other things, but with an Action Replay I can actually experience more of the game. So I use it sometimes not all the time.

I don't hack, but I don't have anything against it. If you buy the game, you can do whatever you want with it. :p

Probably the main reason why players would hack is due to using PokeSav to "cheat" their way to get their Pokemon up to Lv. 100 without having to do the hard work of breeding and raising them by EV Training up to that point.

I think hacking is okay, as long as you don't use it too much. I only use it to capture legendaries easier and to train my pokemon quicker. It dosen't really spoil the game unless you overuse it. I overused it once and had to restart Diamond right after i completed the game. -__-

My money. My decision.

No one on the internet has the right to dictate who can do what with their games.

Cept publishers of MMOs

The only reason I use things like AR is just to have fun with battling eggs, ISB, and stuff like that. (Plus I like running through walls.)

hacking doesn't mean a thing to me until those pokemon are used in competitive play. then it becomes cheating.

The only things that are a good use are Cloning Quick egg hatching codes to get items you have already gotten. IE the Pokeball types and Masterballs. Fast Money code and the EV'ing code as long as it does not exceed 510 EV's on the Pokemon. If you are using the Shiny Code. DON"T USE IT as it will become worthless to traders. Traders do not want hacked shiny Pokemon and please do not use the Wild Pokemon cheat as it is hacked when you encounter it. Don't use codes that make the Pokemon worthless to traders XD. Other than the obvious hacking is ok. Just don't go to far with it. Stay in the legal boundries XD.:)

^

Thank you. It totally makes your game sooo boring. Besides, training pokemon the correct way is the true spirit of the game. :)

(once again, i respect your guys' opinions. dont accuse me of persuading people to not use "cheating" devices)

I completely don't support cheating devices. People who use them to make their, for example, their Lucario a Lv.100 are putting no effort at all.

However, if I were to ever use one I'd use them so I could use the cheat where I could walk anywhere...that would be so fun.

I do use The Action Replay for DSi. I only use it for Events, Rare Candy, and to make my pokemon very brave, powerful, and loving!

I use legal hacks for wifi battles and the almighty walk through walls code. I've always thought it was cool that gamefreak decided to name the "black space" Mystery Zone. That was a fun little easter egg for us AR users.

Yeah. It felt stupid that they had to name it "-----" in HG/SS. That takes out all of the fun!

I think that it is completely OK. It is your decision to make, so you choose. You can go to weird places, like the Mystery Zone. BTW, can you use the Action Replay DSi on a DS lite?

~SS

in all honesty i'm not aginst the use of Pokesav via AR SO LONG AS 1.the "hacked" pokemon has attacks it can learn via training,breeding,or move tutors 2.has an ability it can have via breeding or wild and 3. stats that are within NORMAL limits for a well trained pokemon....

Back