Has TPCI stopped caring about the way they produce cards?

Do you agree with me on this?

• Total voters
carlitosbob said:
I personally love the idea of Reverse Holos, and it seems like the Japanese have been wanting them too since in B/W red collection, they're finally getting reverse holos too.
Japanese got reverse holos back in L1 Legend Heart Gold Soul Silver.

oh, I thought it wasn't till red.. Oh well, the initial statement still stands true. Plus, who doesn't like (possibly) 2 rares per booster?

Bump. Please post here people I would love to here more oppinions! Also am I the only one who's reverse holos from BW are mostly just commons and uncommons? I kinda feel like TPCI is screwing me out of good cards here...

the aura is with me8 said:
Bump. Please post here people I would love to here more oppinions! Also am I the only one who's reverse holos from BW are mostly just commons and uncommons? I kinda feel like TPCI is screwing me out of good cards here...

I bought 3 boosters just to see how the new cards are like. 2 packs had reverse holo trainer cards, 1 pack I got a reverse holo krookodile with the corner of the card very slightly torn. But yeah the quality is terrible. I shouldn't be able to see white knicks on my card if I look at the backside of it fresh from the pack.

got 1 box of BW + 3 prelease
only like 10 or so RH rares.

good cards in BW are very hard to comeby

I got a zoroark FA with edge wear on the back lower left corner. I think I'll send them an email. it's worth a shot.

Are the cards you guys are buying from the box or the blister packs sold at walmart etc? I've bought a handful of packs and have not gotten any bend, damage, misprint etc cards

i just hate the Gritty texture on the back of holos. not sure if its just me but you can tell what carse are holo from the backs cause they are not smooth at all. and have hundreds of dents all over them. Only on the holos. no other cards have them

sigh....i now need to flatten these reshiram...THE HOLOS SUCK NOW they are all concave and it makes me mad because they look ruined. and they could also count as marked cards. in the sleeve they are all curved and so you just feel for the curve...arg

daviduk2000 said:
i just hate the Gritty texture on the back of holos. not sure if its just me but you can tell what carse are holo from the backs cause they are not smooth at all. and have hundreds of dents all over them. Only on the holos. no other cards have them

catutie said:
sigh....i now need to flatten these reshiram...THE HOLOS SUCK NOW they are all concave and it makes me mad because they look ruined. and they could also count as marked cards. in the sleeve they are all curved and so you just feel for the curve...arg
I don't think the cards are made to last, to be honest. After 10 years most my cards held up , but some of the shiny ones have white specks and lines.

all my base set - neo series are still in as mint condition as they were when I put them in a binder after I stopped playing.

including prerelease dark gyarados. :)

OldManRob said:
daviduk2000 said:

catutie said:
I don't think the cards are made to last, to be honest. After 10 years most my cards held up , but some of the shiny ones have white specks and lines.

my BS charizard looks the same as it did 12 years ago...they hold up perfect.

I don't really care about the scratches, but the holo foils just suck. The lines just look really cheesy and they have no background! Also, the holo foils come out curved backwards which is really annoying and wierd looking.

A few days ago I got a HGSS blister pack and my reverse PETM was scratched up:( Great this means it's not just BW and they are doing this to the cards in other sets too:headbang

I got a BW Theme deck a few weeks back and the condition of the cards were pretty mint to me. I wasn't too disappointed with the condition of the cards.

I really haven't had any bad experiences with packs that I can recall. I don't think its an actual human that places the wrapper on the product, therefore the cards wouldn't be looked at before getting sealed. I have a feeling it might actually be a machine, though I could be wrong.

Back