Have a General Forum Question? Includes FAQs! - Updated 22/02/18

Tippy

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, I have a quick question. How long does it typically take for a mod to make a trade thread visable?

nolife_snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
Hey o/

I get an error when I upload my avatar photo:
> The image could not be processed by the server. Please try another or contact the site owner

What do I do? :)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@nolife_snorlax It sounds like either the image file is too large or the file type is not supported by the forum software. Make sure your file is no bigger than 500kb and is either jpg or png.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
It's not working for me either. It says the exact same thing he wrote above, so maybe this is a serverwide issue. I tried it in multiple web browsers, including google chrome and *cringe* Microsoft edge.

sandragon13

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, I'm in the labor-intensive process of posting my fake card set in a dedicated thread. I'm working in stages due to time constraints on my end, which is part of the reason why this experience has been so frustrating. So to start, I had my cards posted to Google Drive, but links from there to my PB thread wouldn't display the pictures; I've since learned that the forums don't seem to like linking with Drive, and sta.sh or imgur were suggested as alternatives that should be more reliable. I just spent a while re-uploading several of my micro-sets in sta.sh and amending the existing post with the new links. However, the page refused to update the post, advising that the post was "spam-like", even though nothing has changed from how it was except the site hosting the pictures.

So, my questions are as follows:
1. Though an image is linked within each spoiler, the image code vanishes when subsequently opened in editing. This results in the "dead link" image placeholder being present in the thread with no evident way to remove it. I'd just like some more insight on this, if possible, so I know how to set up my thread going forward.
2. Regarding the "spam-like" message, I'd like to know what I was doing that was triggering this alert, and thereby how I could avoid it in the future as I continue to build on the thread.
3. Are there any other general tips/tricks of things to do/not do as I go forward, again for the purpose of avoiding unnecessary backtracking or wasting of time?

I do apologize if this is the wrong place to post this sort of thing, so please feel free to advise if that is the case. Any help I can get in this case will be of benefit.

Hâlian

Wild MISSINGNO. appeared!
How do I change the default font for the website? Everything's in a monospace font for me and, to be brutally honest, it looks ugly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 05-43-15 Have a General Forum Question Includes FAQs! - Updated 22_02...png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 05-43-15 Have a General Forum Question Includes FAQs! - Updated 22_02...png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I have no idea. I have never heard of this happening, and the font appears normal to me. Clear your cache/cookies? Restart your computer?

Hâlian

Wild MISSINGNO. appeared!
It doesn't occur under Windows 10 for me, only under Linux (both using Firefox). Will try clearing local data on the latter's Firefox.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
One question (well, a few actually) : When a user gets banned from the forums, do they get any warning in advance if they've done something wrong? What if the user in question was unable to know right from wrong as a result of their disability? What if the offense that was responsible for them getting the ban was unintentional and the user in question was trying to apologize for their actions? Do the other users get a chance to testify either against the user or in favour of the user when the user in question is appealing their ban? Is it possible to tell whether or not a user broke the rules as a direct result of the banned account being hacked into?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
One question (well, a few actually) : When a user gets banned from the forums, do they get any warning in advance if they've done something wrong?

No one is banned arbitrarily. If they mess up enough to get banned, they know what they did wrong.

What if the user in question was unable to know right from wrong as a result of their disability?

I don't know what offense would be egregious enough to warrant a ban that a user could not know was wrong, but I imagine you're going to tell me one.

What if the offense that was responsible for them getting the ban was unintentional and the user in question was trying to apologize for their actions?

You're gonna have to go into detail because I don't see how this could happen legitimately.

Do the other users get a chance to testify either against the user or in favour of the user when the user in question is appealing their ban?
Not really, because people who get banned have it coming. Again though, an explanation is in order.

Is it possible to tell whether or not a user broke the rules as a direct result of the banned account being hacked into?
There's no way to say with certainty that a different login was the result of a hack.