Help me guys,,,Booster picking tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of buying one or two boosters, save up until you can afford around 15 boosters and buy them all in one go. But even then you might not get one.

i dont know if your a person that can afford a booster box ,but if you can try to buy one. it guaranteed youll get at least one ex and or pokemon star. you could also try to buy one of those tins with a promo ex in the window that also comes with 4 booters . i have heard that many people who bought those pulled some good pokemon ex from the boosters inside (i didnt get any good cards at all from the boosters inside though)but if you dont pull any at least youll have the promo ex included with the tin. if you dont like the promo you could always sell it to someone for $10 to $15 which is enough money to go and buy another tin . you could keep on trying it intill you pull a real ex that isnt a promo from one of those booters in the tin. but if your the kind of person that dosent have that much money to waste continue buying boosters but try bending them before you buy them first. try to look for the boosters that are slightly softer and easier to bend , those are the ones with rare holos. at first i though it was the other way around but then one day i had enough money to buy more than one booster so i bought two. before i opened them i bent them because i once heard from someone in this forum that if you bent them you could tell if there is an ex inside or not .i noticed one was slightly harder than the other one .i obviouosly thought the hard booster was the one that was going to contain a good card but when i opened it i just found a stupid rare mantine d . then i opened the softer one i guess what was in it , i found a dragonite ex d and another mantine d (reverse foil) . i got 5 more pokemon ex in a row using this teqnique before i decided to stop buying booters in order to save up for one of those ultra expensive playstatioin 3s and a hdtv . but if your tired of buying and buying without succsess stop buying them and save up for something else you really really want want instead . try what the other people say in this forum . observe your current cards closely and try to see if you can think about a new deck ideas using those cards . then when your confident enough about your deck go and challenge someone and bet some cards and maybe youll win an ex without having to waste a single dime.

furiouswildcat said:
i dont know if your a person that can afford a booster box ,but if you can try to buy one. it guaranteed youll get at least one ex and or pokemon star. you could also try to buy one of those tins with a promo ex in the window that also comes with 4 booters . i have heard that many people who bought those pulled some good pokemon ex from the boosters inside (i didnt get any good cards at all from the boosters inside though)but if you dont pull any at least youll have the promo ex included with the tin. if you dont like the promo you could always sell it to someone for $10 to $15 which is enough money to go and buy another tin . you could keep on trying it intill you pull a real ex that isnt a promo from one of those booters in the tin. but if your the kind of person that dosent have that much money to waste continue buying boosters but try bending them before you buy them first. try to look for the boosters that are slightly softer and easier to bend , those are the ones with rare holos. at first i though it was the other way around but then one day i had enough money to buy more than one booster so i bought two. before i opened them i bent them because i once heard from someone in this forum that if you bent them you could tell if there is an ex inside or not .i noticed one was slightly harder than the other one .i obviouosly thought the hard booster was the one that was going to contain a good card but when i opened it i just found a stupid rare mantine d . then i opened the softer one i guess what was in it , i found a dragonite ex d and another mantine d (reverse foil) . i got 5 more pokemon ex in a row using this teqnique before i decided to stop buying booters in order to save up for one of those ultra expensive playstatioin 3s and a hdtv . but if your tired of buying and buying without succsess stop buying them and save up for something else you really really want want instead . try what the other people say in this forum . observe your current cards closely and try to see if you can think about a new deck ideas using those cards . then when your confident enough about your deck go and challenge someone and bet some cards and maybe youll win an ex without having to waste a single dime.

ok...i tryed the hardpack-goodcards skill and got rare holos...i never tryed teh softpacks-goodcard......hey wait i bended an ex it was hard so isn't it hard in the packs??? anyways,,, some people said hard contains ex and some says soft contains ex....anyways i'm gonna try your^ skill ok....

Actually I agree with the soft pack idea. I thought it was the harder packs that had an ex. So I took some boosters and then found one in the softest pack. Also some people have mentioned them being in thicker packets but I have had more success with the thinner packs. I brought 17 fire red/leaf green packs recently. In the thinnest packs I got charizard ex X2, venusaur ex and gyarados ex all in a row.
I think there is a slight chance you are more likely to get an ex in a tin but if you want the ex promo it needs to be a window tin. I think boxes are really fun. But only if you can afford them.

Need more packs to choose from! I think it also has to do with the picture. In CG, all I chose were the Charizard/Blaziken packs and I get good stuff. When I choos Delcatty/Jirachi, it's a no go!

that is just a coincident you don't always find good cards buy looking at the picture of the booster.
heres a tip if your buying pack which is hl and below look for the slightly harder 1
and if your buying cg or df look for the slightly softer 1.

if you take an old ex card compare with a DF ex card you can see the old 1 have shiny spots on the card while the ex in DF doesn't.

the 1 with spots actually is slightly thicker by 1-2 mm.

hope this helps you guys cause that is how i choose my pack and not i'm not trying to be a showoff please understand this is my record for DF

bought 40 packs
18 ex
3 star

i might still be wrong but this is my theory.

solaries10 said:
Need more packs to choose from! I think it also has to do with the picture. In CG, all I chose were the Charizard/Blaziken packs and I get good stuff. When I choos Delcatty/Jirachi, it's a no go!
this is true on DF i always buy the nidoking and arbok booster because it always has 2 rares/holos

You could be right n2ko about the hardness/softness thing. I find the hardness thing does not work at all with the more recent sets. Although in the past I have had some luck with hardness test and those boosters were from earlier sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back