BW/BW2 Hoenn in Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.

liljes

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so I've been thinking. I remember during an earlier newsrush there was a statement saying that Isshu was much farther away than previous regions, and the only way to reach other regions from it was by boat or plane. Then they released the map of Isshu, and I can see on it what looks to me like an airport. Does this mean that they may include the Hoenn region? It makes sense, seeing as how it is the only region not to have appeared on the DS system. Not only that, but the region is a completely separate island, unlike Johto or Kanto, and it does seem like you may have to take some sort of transportation to get there.

Also, this would be a good idea for Game Freak to use because with over 500+ Pokemon now, it would be difficult to jam them all into one region. I've also heard they are aiming to make this generation "better than DP" or something along those lines. What better way than to include more than one region again? I mean, I'm sure everyone missed this feature from G/S/C and would love to see it implemented again (remakes excluded). Who knows? Maybe at some point you'll be able to hop on a plane and see a revamped version of Hoenn. Thoughts?

I certainly hope that R/S/E would get their own game rather than an add-on in Isshu! I mean it's a good idea but I think R/S/E deserve their own game. =D

No I still think they will get a remake, but all of this evidence seems to point to it appearing in Black and White, akin to Kanto in G/S/C and HG/SS.

That might turn people off of getting the R/S/E remake and that would cause problems for GameFreak and GF likes money. Ohohoho

Snorlax FTW said:
That might turn people off of getting the R/S/E remake and that would cause problems for GameFreak and GF likes money. Ohohoho

They've made the Kanto region 4 times now and as far as I'm concerned nobody has been turned off from it yet, seeing as how it's still made loads of money each time. And that is why they update the remakes with extra features, and people won't get turned off by it because the region obviously wouldn't have the same amount of story as it did in R/S/E.

liljes said:
No I still think they will get a remake, but all of this evidence seems to point to it appearing in Black and White, akin to Kanto in G/S/C and HG/SS.

If they followed that pattern, Hoenn would have been in D/P/Pt. I.e. it's not going to happen.

dmaster out.

Thank you dmaster! It's very unlikely that it will be paired with Isshu but you could be right.

Like others have said I think it would be better to have a whole new game for Hoenn. I can honestly see them trying to go to the 3DS for it aswell...

it would be pretty cool. but what stuff will they change? and will there be contests? and/or other stuff.

liljes said:
They've made the Kanto region 4 times now and as far as I'm concerned nobody has been turned off from it yet, seeing as how it's still made loads of money each time. And that is why they update the remakes with extra features, and people won't get turned off by it because the region obviously wouldn't have the same amount of story as it did in R/S/E.

I turned off it when it was in the original gold/silver/crystal, simply because it was just a barren wasteland with only a few things to do here and there. And dont even get me started on the 'closed' safari zone in those games .. its like, if your gunna do a game and make money, put every feature in ffs! it annoyed me to no end.

Then we had fire red and leaf green, which tbh I quite liked as the sevii islands actually had a point to them.

Then we got to heart gold/soul silver, and it was back to Crap kanto again. the whole thing was too bulky and the character was slow, even when running. I got 8 badges, then i couldnt be bothered with it anymore.

So as for them putting in Hoenn in isshu, and going the same way as Kanto was to johto .. I say NEIN! NEIN! NEIN!. The only way two regions could work is if you complete one, then all your pokemon get stolen on the way to the second and you have to beat the next region to rescue them all.

and with that, I end lol.

dmaster said:
If they followed that pattern, Hoenn would have been in D/P/Pt. I.e. it's not going to happen.

dmaster out.

Two occurences do not make a pattern.

Besides, HG/SS coming after FR/LG had to be coincidence. Sure, FR/LG set the precedent for remakes, but even if they hadn't made FR/LG, they still could've made HG/SS and we still would've had Kanto without there being a game in the previous Gen having Kanto.

I say Hoenn's chances are somewhat likely this time around. People are now thinking that there will be a R/S remake, and I disagree, mainly on the basis that R/G and G/S were very outdated and couldn't connect with the new games. R/S; however, still can connect with D/P/Pt and, indirectly of course, with B/W.

With that said, for those that are starting with either Gen 4 or 5, they won't have direct access to R/S. That would be a perfect reason to put Hoenn in the new games: they can still go to the Region, but they wouldn't have to buy a remake(which, like I said above, isn't necessary because R/S are still compatible with the new games).

From what we've seen, I'd say Black and White are going to be massive enough on their own. And I believe GSC was only linked to Kanto because it was a direct sequel - and RSE and DPP aren't tied in that way. BW would likely feature a lot of characters from Hoenn if it was to be so, like all the RBY characters that appeared / were talked about in GSC. It was like a "this is what the world is like after Red's journey" game.

I don't know anything about DS card capacity, but with front, back, shiny front, shiny back, and different forme animations for 600+ Pokemon, and some of the things we've seen in the trailers....
Hoenn was a pretty darn big region.

Remake? I certainly wouldn't doubt GameFreak after HG/SS. But I highly doubt Hoenn will feature in BW.

[Edit] Though if a remake did occur, you have to wonder if they'll make the cities 3D like Hiun City. I guess not though, as that seems to be the only city we've seen where you can move in 3 Dimensions in BW.

I don't think that would happen because of GF's love for money. They wouldn't just jam two regions in one for the regular price of a DS game when they can keep the two regions apart for two games at full price, maybe even one being for the 3DS with a higher game price. I just don't see it happening.

You kids don't get money do you. Jamming another region in their won't increase the price to much. Probably by $5. They MIGHT make a R/S/E remake, mainly because mo money... mo money...

Let's put it this way:
Scenerio 1: Kid buys B and W with hoenn in the game. Game Freak makes $80
Scenerio 2: Kid buys B and W, then 2 years later buys R/S/E remake, GF makes $140

Ever since HG/SS came out, and let us revisit Kanto, everyone thinks B/W will let us revisit another region. Why is that?
Like DL said, they MIGHT make a R/S remake, but I'm not so sure about that. I wouldn't mind a remake, but going from Isshu to Hoenn? No... not happening. T_T

mabe its too early to tell, id love to see R/E/S in Ishssu. GAMEFREAK! IF YOU ARE READIN THIS, GIVE R/E/S THEIR OWN REMAKE!!!!!!! THAt tis all.

ManhattanTheStarr said:
If this remake stuff continues, we'll have a Diamond and Pearl remake in no time. :B

Holy s...
Also those who belive Hoenn to be in B/W, what would you do there? It just wouldn't be the same without May/Brendan , Groudon/Kyogre story , magma/Aqua , Wally , and Norman being your dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back