Pokemon How long will pokemon last?

In my opinion, mario is doomed unless nintedo becomes a gaming company again. I was a huge mario fan, untill mid 2008. The wii went family oriented, and I lost interest. Pokemon however, Is on the rise.

Juliacoolo said:
In my opinion, mario is doomed unless nintedo becomes a gaming company again. I was a huge mario fan, untill mid 2008. The wii went family oriented, and I lost interest. Pokemon however, Is on the rise.

There is only one small problem there. Mario IS the Icon of Nintendo so it will always be number one. Mario helped create Nintendo to be what it it is now. Pokemon will always be number 2 because it is not a major icon like Mario is. He has been Nintendo's icon for almost 25 years and will be for a very long time. Don't expect Mario to loose his icon because of sales being in the slump right now. Pokemon may be increasing a bit because the cards are still very cheap so it may be ATM but don't worry when things get better again things will pick up again with Mario. That is just how it works with Nintendo. Baby boomers are Mario fans and they go for Mario OVER Pokemon because Pokemon is for ages 3 and up but Mario is for the Adults and some kids. Pokemon is aimed tward the youg like youth and teen and young adult so that is why Mario is such a huge hit for Nintendo. I have an older brother that works for Nintendo. That is how I know. I have also been there 3 times in the past 17 years.:)

Correction, Mario has been Nintendo's icon for 28 years :p

But while Mario is getting older, Pokémon continues to get newer, allthough not in a way many fans would like (newest generations of pokémon are crud)

Oh yeah you are right. I knew it was somwhere around that time but yeah he is one year older than me and he is the best character thanks to his developer.:)

It is not going to since Pokemon just got numerous awards from Nickelodeon. It will be around for a very long time. To those who think Pokemon is dead it is not and it will be here and as long as the sales boom so will Pokemon so don't plan on it ending anytime soon.:)

I think pokemon will end soon, if they keep doing the same stuff in every new game(same storyline,starters etc.) people will just not be interested anymore but I hope that doesn't happen

Garty said:
I think pokemon will end soon, if they keep doing the same stuff in every new game(same storyline,starters etc.) people will just not be interested anymore but I hope that doesn't happen
The TCG is never the same. So can we assume that the TCG never dies? Awesome =D

Heh, there's a lot to be said for human imagination. They could easily put out AT LEAST 1000 Pokes. 'Course, then, gettin' the National Dex full'd be a pain in the butt.

I don't want Pokemon to ever stop. As long as I can Catch 'Em All, I'll be a happy little platypus.
Don't crush dreams!

This thread made me a little bit sadder, but a bit more hopeful. Let's hope this cash magnet keeps on keeping on.

^ Wow, I didn't know so many peeps would get offended. I didn't say I wanted it to end, but all of us know it will end eventually, so grow up, and give an honest opinion. But yes, we all don't want it to die.

I'm just saying; ^__^.
If Pokemon ends I will single-handily karate chop every Nintendo Executive with my foot. ( Some how... )
Seriously, how could you give up the golden goose?

I googled longest running japanese anime and found this "52+1095+157 which only equals 1304 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doraemon#Episodes)... Sazae-san is listed at 1800+ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sazae-san)." If Pokemon in Japan could hit 1300 episodes then we are only about half done.

omahanime said:
I googled longest running japanese anime and found this "52+1095+157 which only equals 1304 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doraemon#Episodes)... Sazae-san is listed at 1800+ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sazae-san)." If Pokemon in Japan could hit 1300 episodes then we are only about half done.
IMO, the Anime deserves to be shut down, it needs HUGE re-construction.

If Pokemon loses money on merchandise and viewers and all that, then it will be gone. Luckily they are doing very well at the moment with Platinum.

@raichupika "Computer Says No." xD

Honestly, though... the Pokemon chain has been around for nearly 15 years... It is a beast. How can
you expect Nintendo to lose profits, when a new way to catch em all comes out every few years? That's a reason why Pokemon is so widely popular, it constantly reinvents itself when It comes to creativity.

Back