Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

elam18 said:
JmsHt said:
I've never seen Esp and Umb Star on Yahoo Japan for a long time . If you have another sealed Flareon Star for 300 dollars, I will buy it immediately !

www.pokemonpacific.com that's Bagoly14's website. You should check it out

Tnx,:) But there's no flareon star posted on the website

JmsHt said:
elam18 said:
www.pokemonpacific.com that's Bagoly14's website. You should check it out

Tnx,:) But there's no flareon star posted on the website

Yeah, if something doesn't show up in search it's because we don't have it or it's sold out. You can go to the PLAY promo section under Promo Japanese Cards and find it there saying sold out...

Back on topic...I haven't seen a Flareon Star PLAY card for over 3 months now anywhere. It's strange with PLAY cards because sometimes I see droves of them and then sometimes I don't see any for months and am left kicking myself for not buying them -_-

DarkraiGuy said:
Ive got a Japanese Charizard 092/092 from Intense fight in the destroyed sky. How much is this worth?

I'd say around 30$ if 1ED and NM/M. It only goes down from there if it's not NM/M or not 1ED obviously.

SleepingSnorlax said:
Anyone know how much a MT Lance's Charizard is worth from Pokemon VS set? Just got one as a gift from a friend

Tough to say because it fluctuates a lot...I've seen them go from 25$-65$ so it's somewhat random.

My guess would be right in the middle around 40$ if NM/M.

So... this isn't really about a specific card, but there's something I've noticed. Some of my cards, most notably those from Secret Wonders, seem to have the holographic pattern printed over the entire card, rather than just the picture. However, it's pretty dull rather than shiny. The background of the card art also isn't as shiny as those without the pattern on the full card. I was wondering if the cards printed with the pattern on the full card are misprints and actually worth something? Or maybe those without the pattern on the full card?

squirtli said:
So... this isn't really about a specific card, but there's something I've noticed. Some of my cards, most notably those from Secret Wonders, seem to have the holographic pattern printed over the entire card, rather than just the picture. However, it's pretty dull rather than shiny. The background of the card art also isn't as shiny as those without the pattern on the full card. I was wondering if the cards printed with the pattern on the full card are misprints and actually worth something? Or maybe those without the pattern on the full card?

This is a known printing error for the Diamond and Pearl Era. I love my Secret Wonders Lugia ;)

squirtli said:

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-question-about-holo-effect-on-the-entire-card-diamond-pearl-era-cards

Value does not really differ much.

So at my league I made a crazy trade, now tell me is this a good deal or did I totally rip the guy off.

My-
Skyla FA
4x Plasma Energy

His-
White Kyurem EX FA
Latias EX FA
Palkia EX FA
Rock Guard Ace Spec

I was just wondering if anyone could list the cheapest and most expensive English Gold Stars ?

Getting back into Pokémon and need something to aim for, so going to do the predictable and old collect all Shining, Shiny and Gold Star cards.

I do like the Japanese ones, but from what I understand they are sometimes cheaper with some anyway.

Hey guys I made this trade the other day let me know if I got ripped off or not
My
Landorus EX FA
Landorus EX
Ghetsis Holo
Scoop Up Cyclone
His
Genesect EX
Victini EX
Darkrai EX Promo
Hydreigon (Dark Trance)

TheTPCProductionz said:
I was just wondering if anyone could list the cheapest and most expensive English Gold Stars ?

The most expensive ones include the trio from EX Deoxys (Latios, Latios and Rayquaza, who is #1 by far), Espeon, Umbreon and Charizard.

The least expensive ones are probably the more recent ones. Alakazam, Celebi and the original three Eeveelutions.

Yeah, Pikachu's about in the middle, on par with the Hoenn Starters or maybe slightly more expensive. Latias, Latios and Rayquaza are among the oldest Gold Stars and the Generation III card production was not the best quality, so it's hard to find them in good condition. They were also all pretty playable cards, and Rayquaza is massively popular.

Espeon and Umbreon were only available in POP 5 packs as super rares. POP 5 packs only included two cards (usually two commons) and were only given out as League prizes in 2006ish, so I'd have to assume they're the rarest Gold Stars in quantity. Charizard is of course Charizard and any of his premium cards are going to be massively inflated in value.

Now, if we're talking Japanese prints, all of the Eeveelutions were given as prizes for accumulating points, so they're all much more valuable than their English counterparts. While Mewtwo and Pikachu's gold stars were given away together in a Gift Box, so they were probably the easiest to acquire.

Frost said:
Espeon and Umbreon were only available in POP 5 packs as super rares. POP 5 packs only included two cards (usually two commons) and were only given out as League prizes in 2006ish, so I'd have to assume they're the rarest Gold Stars in quantity. Charizard is of course Charizard and any of his premium cards are going to be massively inflated in value.
This probably belongs better in a pull rate discussion but here I go...

In terms of rarity, I would argue that Espeon and Umbreon are on par with the trio from EX Deoxys. Most of the POP series were produced on a relatively large scale (not necessarily more than standard boosters, but more than your typical promo). This is why you can still purchase newer POP packs at such a cheap price. I cannot really confirm that POP 5 was produced on the same scale but it is rather likely. Espeon and Umbreon appeared about one in forty packs; however, they are still very limited in quantity due to the nature of release.

EX Deoxys was a very short print compared to subsequent sets with gold stars. My sources say that a particular gold star appeared roughly one in six boxes (and in the place of an ex card). As Frost mentioned, cards from EX Deoxys were also printed on less durable material which contributes greatly to the value of the trio from that set. In any event, all I can tell you is that all five of those gold stars are *MUCH* rarer than ones released afterward. Add in the appeal to collectors and you have yourself a difficult set of cards to find.

On another note (and this is more of an after thought), does anyone know how much MINT unpeeled vending sets go for?

I was also wondering how much is the Pikachu Pokémon Center 15th Anniversary box set worth ?.

I remember when it first came out it was about £35 now it's like $70 ?

Back