Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

$370.00???? That seems pretty high XD. What is the condition? If mint then keep bidding. If not forget it. If it is less than mint it is not worth the price. They are bidding as high as they can so no one can afford the card XD.:)

It's graded 10 by PSA, which is as mint as a card can get (unless you think a BGS 10 is better than PSA 10 graded cards). I heard from Hizoka that there's about a 20% chance that a pack-fresh card from Charizard will be Gem Mint, and that's not even considering the odds of pulling a Secret Rare card in the first place.$370 seems ok, but not sure how much higher I'd go.

Ok if it is the highest rating then keep bidding if you can afford it. If not there will be others elsewhere XD.:)

Make you next bid $500.00 if you have a few minuted left XD.:)

What are these error/misprints?

I pulled these two cards out of a pack. Grimer and Pidove.

Pidove 84/114 On the back of the card, in the letter "M" in Pokemon there is a grey and white pokemon printed in it. It is of a dog/cat pokemon. Looks like the side view of pachirisu but I'm not sure as it is only the side view of its head.

Grimer 45/116 error/misprint is on the front of the card.

Any help would be great! Thank you.

Pictures:

http://imageshack.com/a/img910/6779/8KAt9u.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/9098/7vZ11v.jpg

RE: What are these error/misprints?

merida72 said:
I pulled these two cards out of a pack. Grimer and Pidove.

Pidove 84/114 On the back of the card, in the letter "M" in Pokemon there is a grey and white pokemon printed in it. It is of a dog/cat pokemon. Looks like the side view of pachirisu but I'm not sure as it is only the side view of its head.

Grimer 45/116 error/misprint is on the front of the card.

Any help would be great! Thank you.

Pictures:

http://imageshack.com/a/img910/6779/8KAt9u.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/9098/7vZ11v.jpg

Can you show us the side? The side should have a thin black line if its is real.
[img=640x480]http://www.wikihow.com/images/0/02/Know-if-Pokemon-Cards-Are-Fake-Step-11.jpg[/img]

Look like ink blots to me just a common error in the manufacturing process.

Yeah, ink blots for sure on Grimer (cyan ink by the looks of it) and likely just a smudge of some sort on the back of the other card (hard to tell for sure). Sadly, these kind of production errors aren't exactly uncommon these days.

bbninjas: yes they have the black line.
The-Kaiser, Athena: on grimer, it does look like an ink blot. On pidove, it's not though, I had to use a magnifying glass to really tell. Maybe the zoom function on the computer can give a closer look.

I did zoom in on the back card image; just saw pixels.

That kind of ink blot is caused on a large clump of ink falling on the page and then later falling off. That's why I believe it was a cyan ink blob, based on the bright cyan residue around the edge on the inner spot. SOURCE: I worked for 6 years in a print shop.

This might not be the right thread, but I recently pulled 2 Virizion EX, one regular art and one full art. I'm not really interested in them and want to sell them off. But should I keep one? Since Virizion EX seems to be such a staple.

Also, can someone please explain how a M Charizard X can be worth so much money? Is this the 108/106 one in Flashfire?

RE: Pokemon TCG: Card Misprints Database - Post An Image When You Report

Here's pictures of a Full Art Dragonite and a Full Art Giratina with printing damages.

The back of the Giratina has white spots all over it.

tumblr_n9hwruzYrE1r12rm4o10_r1_1280.jpg

Here's the Dragonite, there is a dark spot above Dragonite's arm on the right.
tumblr_nbtbcbrT6d1r12rm4o5_r1_1280.jpg

darkpulse24 said:
Also, can someone please explain how a M Charizard X can be worth so much money? Is this the 108/106 one in Flashfire?

A combination of the following...

It's a Charizard: one of the most popular Pokemon with collectors since Base Set 1.
It's a Mega-EX,
It's the more popular of the two Charizard M-EX variants
It's a secret rare card.
It's legal in the current card game tournament play.

...causing it to be in high demand with collectors. High demand for an item = high price for the item.

Well that's a bit disturbing as I recently sold my 108/106 mint condition freshly pulled M Charizard EX (X)... For only $60 AUD (roughly the same in USD). That was a fixed price listing I made on eBay. I had no idea it would be worth more than that as I always look up other listings first to get an idea of the price, and on eBay there was one for $62 so I assumed that was the price.

This was on eBay Australia, but they are the same thing. You can just click a tickbox and be able to see/bid US listings as well.

darkpulse24 said:
Well that's a bit disturbing as I recently sold my 108/106 mint condition freshly pulled M Charizard EX (X)... For only $60 AUD (roughly the same in USD). That was a fixed price listing I made on eBay. I had no idea it would be worth more than that as I always look up other listings first to get an idea of the price, and on eBay there was one for $62 so I assumed that was the price.

This was on eBay Australia, but they are the same thing. You can just click a tickbox and be able to see/bid US listings as well.

Sorry, I thought you meant a regular M-Charizard-EX 108/106.

[Incidentally, I purchased one for 30GBP which is just under 60AUD a couple of weeks ago. Seems to be the going rate on eBay UK so I guess you got a fair price. I thought this was quite dear for a card so that is why I started explaining reasons above! lol]

The card that I now realise you are talking about has been graded by PSA at the absolute best mark possible - 10 Gem Mint. This raises the value considerably because most of the pack fresh cards won't even be 10/10. Hundreds of dollars does seem a lot though! :D

Could someone please give me the direct link to FuF pricing (either in this thread or external link, DM)? Thanks in advance!

Back