Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

I'd be trading for the Flying Pikachu. I just need it to complete my WotC promo set. I wouldn't say it's as hard to get as you say. I could buy it on eBay for 7 bucks if I wanted to, but I'd rather trade first before buying. Any other input on a Genesect EX - Seismitoad EX/Flying Pikachu trade?

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
I'd be trading for the Flying Pikachu. I just need it to complete my WotC promo set. I wouldn't say it's as hard to get as you say. I could buy it on eBay for 7 bucks if I wanted to, but I'd rather trade first before buying. Any other input on a Genesect EX - Seismitoad EX/Flying Pikachu trade?

I have never seen that card for real so for me it is hard to get.:)

hosj2002 said:
Maserati777 said:
How much is the full art metal Dialga worth?

28.99 on troll and toad :)

Troll and Toad is not a price guide. They are a store with set prices on cards. Unfortunately, Most of their prices are irreverent to the actual value of the card. This is surprisingly close though! :D

A quick scan of the sold listings on eBay (recently ended) reveals the value at $25-$30.

Troll & Toad often sells cards for higher prices than you could find on Ebay. They can get away with this because they're an actual company; the extra money that you pay is because you're shopping with a lower risk, buying from a reliable company rather than from an individual. There are plenty of people who might not trust individual Ebay sellers--either from getting burned by Ebay sellers in the past, or simply being uncomfortable with the idea of buying from a regular person with minimal checks and balances regarding quality, returns, etc.--that would prefer to go this route, or they may simply order to combine shipping with other products and save money that way, or other such reasons.

But the main reason that you shouldn't trust T&T for prices isn't because they tend to skew on the higher side, but because that's just T&T's listy price; you can't actually know if people are buying that card at that price or not. When you look at Ebay sold listings, you can see right there exactly how much money people were willing to pay for certain cards, and unless the card in question is very rare, you should be able to see enough of the same card being sold at whatever price to get a good idea at the price range that such cards are actually selling for in the current market.

I'm returning to the game and already built a Yveltal/Seismitoad/Garbodor, now I am trying to get more stuff and a guy wants to sell me:

2 Rayquaza EX BWP
1 Scramble Switch
3 Shauna
4 Dark Patch
3 Sableye DEX
1 Bouffalant DRX
1 Eelektrik NVI
2 Level Ball
1 Super Rod
And 10 non-playable rare cards, all for 15 euro/17 dollars.

I wonder if it is good considering that most are rotated cards

Nah, I wouldn't do that personally, but you may want to if you play in an expanded format frequently, though $17 seems a bit steep. I only play standard so almost everything there is useless to me. I've seen the promo Rayquaza EX sell for as little as $2-3 on eBay, by the way.

shaymin ex fa ltr
mega heracross ex
mega venasaur ex
keldeo ex
blastoise ex fa
mega blastoise
deoxys ex
mew ex fa ltr
zekrom ex
emolgas ex
emolgas ex fa
thundurus ex
magnezone ex
malamar ex
mega lucario
skarmory ex fa
skarmory ex
xerneas ex fa
xerneas ex
florges ex fa
florges ex
lugia ex

I'm buying this lot plus some assorted rares from the guy that placed 2nd on our Nationals for 35 euro/42 dollars. Good or bad?

Holy cow, yes, take that deal! M Blastoise alone sells for around $20 on eBay, M Lucario somewhat in the same range too.

Yeah, you're definitely getting a way better end over there. Sure, there are some cards that nobody cares about, but they can go either to a collection or to a wacky deck. That, or to re-sell them for a profit.

I collect Wizards era cards, and got back into competitive after a year-long hiatus. And am starting to collect newer stuff. If there aren't any duplicates, I'm keeping most of them

A co-worker of mine is selling off his collection after his wife didn't take to the game. I am wondering what a fair offer for the following might be:

2 M Venusaur EX
1 Blasoise EX
1 Xerneas EX
1 Venusaur EX (FA)
1 Xerneas EX (FA)
2 Charizard EX (Wing Attack)
2 M Charizard EX (Y)
3 Toxicroak EX
1 Toxicroak EX (FA)
1 Kangaskhan EX (FA)
1 M Kangaskhan EX (SR)
1 Heracross EX
1 Hawlucha EX
1 Korrina (FA)
2 Charizard EX (XY Promo #17)
2 Krookodile EX (XY Promo #25)

1 X/Y Trainer Kit
1 FF Brilliant Thunder Deck
1 FF Mystic Typhoon Deck (sealed)
2 X/Y Elite Trainer Boxes (opened), include dice, condition markers, and sleeves
~180 assorted Furious Fists
~400 assorted Flashfire
~400 assorted X/Y

You can easily make around $100.00 or more with that list. Charizard is always sold at a high price most of the time but not sure about the rest. Check price lists for all cards individually.:)

My local card shop just got some stock in, and part of it is some WOTC era cards that a player donated. Cards from base set, Jungle etc. They are in good condition, near mint. All of them holos. My card shop sells individual holos at AUD $5 (about $3.50 USD). Are they worth anymore than this or could I buy them and resell on eBay for a profit? They also had an unopened Ancient Mew.

Some of the cards were Mewtwo, Venusaur, Blastoise. Lots more, as I didn't take much notice. Now I'm kicking myself, wondering if I should go back and grab them before somebody else does. There were lots of other old cards including DP era ex cards but I don't know if any of them are valuable.

Hi,
I was sort of interested in trying to sell some of my old pokemon cards from years ago and I was just wondering what I might be able to get for some of the following cards:
Mewtwo Star- Holon Phantoms
Latios Star- Ex Deoxys
Charizard Star- Dragon Frontiers
Kyogre Star- Ex Delta Species
Metagross Star- Ex Delta Species
Alakazam Star- Ex Crystal Guardians
Groudon Star- Ex Delta Species
Celebi Star- Ex Crystal Guardians
Flareon Star- Ex Power Keepers
Holteon Star- Ex Power Keepers

Any price estimates would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

darkpulse24 said:
My local card shop just got some stock in, and part of it is some WOTC era cards that a player donated. Cards from base set, Jungle etc. They are in good condition, near mint. All of them holos. My card shop sells individual holos at AUD $5 (about $3.50 USD). Are they worth anymore than this or could I buy them and resell on eBay for a profit? They also had an unopened Ancient Mew.

Some of the cards were Mewtwo, Venusaur, Blastoise. Lots more, as I didn't take much notice. Now I'm kicking myself, wondering if I should go back and grab them before somebody else does. There were lots of other old cards including DP era ex cards but I don't know if any of them are valuable.

That depends on their language and wether they are first edition/shadowless/unlimited

Back