Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

If you have doubles of the Mew EX then trade it. If you do not have a double or triple of the card don't trade for it unless you can get it back from someone very quickly. If you have connections then trade. If not don't do the trade. It would be a good trade if you have more than one card. Rule of thumb never trade a card unless you have doubles or have connections to replace the Mew EX card easily XD.:)

Are any of the non-holos from the original base, jungle or fossil sets are worth anything? Some of the jungles are first edition, but again these are the non-holos.

Yeah those sets are worth a lot nowadays but not sure how much each card goes for except the Base Charizard goes for easily $200.00-$300.00

RandomGuy said:
Are any of the non-holos from the original base, jungle or fossil sets are worth anything? Some of the jungles are first edition, but again these are the non-holos.

No, unfortunately the non-holos aren't worth much, about $2-3 each, tops.

xxashxx said:
Yeah those sets are worth a lot nowadays but not sure how much each card goes for except the Base Charizard goes for easily $200.00-$300.00

The holo? 1st edition? What is this for? I have a base holo Charizard but even PSA 10s don't go for that much on Ebay.. Is this community better for selling to?

adam44 said:
No, unfortunately the non-holos aren't worth much, about $2-3 each, tops.

Do you have any suggestions or guides regarding this? I just discovered my old cards and have a ton of non-holos. Like a binder full with some multiple, plus probably 100+ unassorted ones that are still probably 7-8+ because while they aren't sleeved they were never played with. Even have a full first movie promo set and those random scene cards.

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, but I'd rather ask here than make threads!

RandomGuy said:
xxashxx said:

The holo? 1st edition? What is this for? I have a base holo Charizard but even PSA 10s don't go for that much on Ebay..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Game-1st-Edition-4-Charizard-Holo-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-/361016894772?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item540e48a534

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Game-1st-Edition-4-Charizard-Holo-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-/371126935415?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item5668e39f77

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Game-1st-Edition-4-Charizard-Hologram-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-/371108591976?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5667cbb968

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Game-1st-Edition-4-Charizard-Holo-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-/360978963055?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item540c05da6f

@RandomGuy: There's really no guide for valuing cards since the values changes all the time. I personally use eBays SOLD listings, because that shows what a card consistently sells for, for different buyers. Some use TrollandToad but that's just what a store sells it for and not the market value.
If you're lazy and don't want to see through lists of auctions on eBay, I would suggest this site: http://www.pokellector.com/
It's also an app I think, it shows the price from different sites though it isn't always correct.

RandomGuy said:
xxashxx said:

The holo? 1st edition? What is this for? I have a base holo Charizard but even PSA 10s don't go for that much on Ebay..

If you have that card in that condition at that price. I'm a buyer all day long

adam44 said:
@RandomGuy: There's really no guide for valuing cards since the values changes all the time. I personally use eBays SOLD listings, because that shows what a card consistently sells for, for different buyers. Some use TrollandToad but that's just what a store sells it for and not the market value.
If you're lazy and don't want to see through lists of auctions on eBay, I would suggest this site: http://www.pokellector.com/
It's also an app I think, it shows the price from different sites though it isn't always correct.

I was planning on going by the Ebay sold listings but wanted to make sure

omahanime said:

Yeah, I thought that's what they meant but I was just checking.

Ebay it is. Thanks guys!

I'm thinking of making a trade for a Pokemon Soulsilver game (case,artwork, and all the original stuff, minus the PokeWalker) and the person said the game is completely playable. I'm thinking of trading this for my Mega Lucario EX from Furious Fist, and the Mega Charizard EX (69) from Flashfire. The trade would be:
My:
M Lucario EX
M Charizard EX
Their:
Pokemon Soulsilver
5 regular rare cards that I need for my BW set completion stuff

Does this seem like an okay trade? I'm not used to trading things with video games, so I just wanna be sure. Thanks! :)

That is not permitted on these forums. I caught someone awhile back that was doing something similar and I reported him and it has been a rule since he was reported. Might be ok but not here. It is TCG for TCG and VG for VG here. The reason is because that kind of trading actually rips people off. They may get a good VG trade but they don't get cards in return for their cards and that is not a nice trade anyway. IRC I think the guy was from Spain as well too.:)

xxashxx said:
That is not permitted on these forums. I caught someone awhile back that was doing something similar and I reported him and it has been a rule since he was reported. Might be ok but not here. It is TCG for TCG and VG for VG here. The reason is because that kind of trading actually rips people off. They may get a good VG trade but they don't get cards in return for their cards and that is not a nice trade anyway. IRC I think the guy was from Spain as well too.:)

That is allowed on PB. Anyway he was just asking if it was a fair trade.

CuriousCleffa said:
I'm thinking of making a trade for a Pokemon Soulsilver game (case,artwork, and all the original stuff, minus the PokeWalker) and the person said the game is completely playable. I'm thinking of trading this for my Mega Lucario EX from Furious Fist, and the Mega Charizard EX (69) from Flashfire. The trade would be:
My:
M Lucario EX
M Charizard EX
Their:
Pokemon Soulsilver
5 regular rare cards that I need for my BW set completion stuff

Does this seem like an okay trade? I'm not used to trading things with video games, so I just wanna be sure. Thanks! :)

That is a very good trade! Go for it, The lucario and charizard tally up for 30$ total, more or less, and SoulSilver retails at 60$ (at my gamestop at least).

omahanime said:
xxashxx said:

That is allowed on PokéBeach. Anyway he was just asking if it was a fair trade.

Since when is that allowed? Last I Shining Raikou had these types of trades banned after I reported that awhile back and made it a standard rule. When was that rule lifted? No one informed me of the changes. Anyway Sorry guys. I thought that was still part of the rules.:)

xxashxx said:
omahanime said:
That is allowed on PokéBeach. Anyway he was just asking if it was a fair trade.

Since when is that allowed? Last I Shining Raikou had these types of trades banned after I reported that awhile back and made it a standard rule. When was that rule lifted? No one informed me of the changes. Anyway Sorry guys. I thought that was still part of the rules.:)

I think it has been always that way.

As long as it is physical merchandise that can be sent through the mail, they can trade it and leave feedback for it. This rule, that has been in place for nearly 2 years states. You may have been confused with not being able to trade Pokémon from the VG (since they are not physical objects) for Pokémon Cards.

omahanime said:
11. Tangible items such as TCG, merchandise, etc. may not be traded for video game Pokémon or other video game data. Video game data may not be sold either. Anyone caught doing this will receive a warning or be temporarily banned. Only ACTUAL in hand video games may be traded or sold here.

And the selling rule from almost 5 years ago.

TofU said:
What You're Allowed to Sell:
  • Trading Cards (Mainly Pokemon, however we do ask other cards to be kept to a minimum.)
  • TCG Accessories (Includes Dicebags, Playmats, etc.)
  • Pokemon Collectibles (Plushies, Figures, Merchandise etc.)
  • Handheld Electronics (iPods, Game Boy, Nintendo DS, etc.)
  • Video Games

If you thought the question violated PB rules You should always report it.

Water Pokémon Master said:
9. Do not "mini-mod".

You may not scold another member for breaking the forum rules or tell them to change a post they made because it breaks the rules.

If you see a post that violates any of the rules, you should use the
postbit_report.gif
(report) button that is below each post. This button immediately notifies all mods that someone is possibly breaking a rule. You may also report mods if you felt they did something wrong by sending a PM to [admin]Shining Raikou[/admin] or [smod]Drohn[/smod].

Members who break this rule will generally receive a 30% warning for four weeks.

Enough with off topic discussion.

Oh ok. That makes a bit more sense since I know that data can't be traded for card here on this site. Thanks for clearing that up. That was close. Thanks man.:)

Hey guys! This is my first post here, so if it's in the wrong spot please let me know! I made a post on reddit.com/r/pkmntcgcollections and was told that the Alakazam card I have may be part of an extremely rare test print pre-1998. I was told to post my card & some info about it here in hopes that we all can learn more about my card, and if it's real / what it's worth!

Link to post on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/pkmntcg/comments/2hua52/i_went_through_my_old_collection_and_found_a/

Direct link to pictures of my Alakazam: http://imgur.com/a/I0mPm

And a couple links with what it may be a part of: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?106023-Pokemon-Test-Sheet-Older-than-1998-1st-Edtion-Cards!
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Pokemon-UNCUT-Sheets-Base-Set-Shadowless-included-/10000000178459013/g.html

Back