Hydrapple ex, Stellar Lapras ex, Briar, and More Revealed from “Stellar Miracle!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several new cards have just been revealed from Stellar Miracle! As posted before, it will release in Japan on July 19th. Its cards will become part of our Stellar Crown set in September.
Thanks goes to JustInBasil and Toine L. for the translations!
Applin – Grass – HP40
Basic Pokemon
[G] Spray Fluid: 20 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Dipplin – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Applin
[G] Coating Attack: 20 damage. During...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
That Lapras is INSANE right? Maybe I’m a dummy but it seems very OP. Watch someone place in an event with a deck that’s only lapras things to search for lapras and energy 😂
it's able to make a big damage number happen, but it does seem like it takes some pretty meaningful setup or an ACE SPEC card like Neo Upper Energy or Sparkling Crystal in order to attack in a timely manner.

That Lapras is INSANE right? Maybe I’m a dummy but it seems very OP. Watch someone place in an event with a deck that’s only lapras things to search for lapras and energy 😂
Go first, attach water. Earthen Vessel for metal and psychic. Greninja concealed card the metal to draw. Attach Hourglass tool. End turn, Hourglass attach metal to lapras. Next turn attach psychic, go ham. It's possible.

hydrapple ex is the first time a card's lack of viability has actively made me salty LOL

i love hydrapple and was hoping for a great card but this is worse than ogerpon ex in pretty much every way

grass types still don't have a viable engine

Briar was quite expected but still super excited to see her. That trumpet item goes crazy tho. And yeah interesting they didn’t save Hydrapple for dragon set so maybe just Archaludon ex and Drayton

hydrapple ex is the first time a card's lack of viability has actively made me salty LOL

i love hydrapple and was hoping for a great card but this is worse than ogerpon ex in pretty much every way

grass types still don't have a viable engine
Teal Mask Ogerpon ex only attaches energy to itself, Hydrapple ex attaches energy to anything. Syrup Storm scales with energy anywhere on your board instead of just actives.

Hydrapple ex is super sad and bad. I was really hoping for a Hydrapple ex to partner well with the Dipplin in the Festival Grounds deck and either fix its middling matchups against certain deck archetypes or support the Festival Grounds engine with an engine of its own. Unfortunately, its attack requires you to attach a bunch of energies to your pokemon, which is antithetical in a deck which otherwise needs no energy acceleration and whose main attacker only needs a single energy attachment. Its lackluster attach-from-hand energy acceleration ability is also bad in this deck for similar reasons, alongside just being a bad ability lmao. I suppose it does pair well with Ogerpon ex, but it scales just as fast as Ogerpon ex and is a stage 2, so why even play it with Ogerpon ex when you can just use Ogerpon as an attacker with Blissey ex instead for less setup? That deck also lets you use stuff like Munkidori (especially since Ogerpon ex’s damage isn’t tied to Grass energy and also includes your opponent’s energy), and Blissey is about as bulky as Hydrapple while having a setup attack in a pinch. This card sucks, am extremely disappointed and hope the single prizer will be decent. Hydrapple is one of my favorite mons this gen and this is should be its time to be good

Anyways, uhh, the other cards, right. Lapras looks kind of completely insane, so that’s cool. Glass Trumpet also looks really, really, really, really, really strong and is going to make Terapagos even stronger. Overall, great reveals except for the Hydrapple, was really expecting it to be good since it was on the front page of the article and was in the second wave of reveals which usually feature actually viable cards. Goddamnit I’m ranting again, no more

Last edited:
I suppose it does pair well with Ogerpon ex, but it scales just as fast and is a stage 2. This card sucks, am extremely disappointed and hope the single prizer will be decent[...]

[...]was really expecting it to be good since it was on the front page of the article and was in the second wave of reveals which usually feature actually viable cards.
have you considered approaching this from the angle of using Hydrapple ex in place of Teal Mask Ogerpon ex instead of as a partner for it? no reason to stress about how it can't slot into an existing deck there's no reason to assume it's only able to be joined at the hip to.

Back