Introduce Yourself!

Silence

Streamer. Aspiring Machamp. Literal Snorlax.
Hello all! My name is Silence. I've been a lurker of Pokebeach for many years, and I've finally decided to join y'all. I've been a Pokemon fan for as long as I can remember. Looking forward to making some good friends here! :)

UnbanTwin

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,
I joined Pokebeach because I'm getting back into the TCG and I wanted a place to talk/get information. This time I'm gonna be playing actual competitive decks and stuff, though. Looking forward to my time here. Also will probably try to play a game of mafia on here.

(btw, my username is a reference to magic, because splinter twin was banned in modern and should be unbanned)

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Hello! I'm Ephemera.
I've known about this place for years now, but only joined now.
I used to play the TCG, which is what led me here.
I just like Pokémon.
Hope to get along with everyone!

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Hi there, I’m NaganadelIsBeast, and if you can’t tell, I’m a Naganadel Superfan.

I found PokeBeach through web surfing honestly, and lurked around a little at first because I didn’t know you could make an account for free XD.

I often play the Pokémon TCG and love giving back to the community.

My PTCGO sc is SKBellmore if anyone is interested.

Well nice to meet you all!

Tobie

cursed image 23
yo.

I'm Tobie. I was just googling around and I found this website and I thought it was pretty cool and decided to make an account.

I play the games and collect the cards. I've been trying to get into the card game and improve. I also play PokemonShowdown. I used to play a lot of competitive VGC stuff and then I quit due to life taking control for a while.

Hit me up if you ever wanna talk. I'm always down to talk about something.

Vulpixer

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, you can call me Vulpixer. I was looking into Pokemon forums when I found this one. I'm 26 and have been on the Pokemon scene since 1997 starting with the anime. My first video game was Pokemon Gold Version. I went back to play Pokemon Yellow have have played games from every generation since. I am looking to start going into the video games competitively, so I joined to find practice partners and advice.
When I'm not being a Pokemon Trainer, I work in animal rescue. My hobbies include writing, attending conventions, and wrangling my household of pets, consisting of three rabbits, a cat, and two fish.)
I am usually covered in hair.

If you are on the Discord server, my username is Epitome.

Daviedson Mac

Aspiring Trainer
hi to all.

My name is "Daviedson Mac" i am new here at this plate forum. I like it very much and it is very useful plate forum.

WaterTrainer

Water types, unite!
Hi, everyone! My name is Erin! I've been reading the news on PokeBeach for years so I decided it would be fun to create an account on here. I'm 27 and I have been following Pokemon since the 1990s. I watched the anime (religiously on Saturday mornings) and started collecting cards a little later. Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap were the first games I played, I have fond memories of them.

Today, I mostly play Pokemon Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Pokemon Pearl (I don't really keep updated on the games). I still collect Pokemon cards and watch the anime. Pokemon Sun and Moon is amazing, I can't to see what Sword and Shield has in mind!

Aside from Pokemon, I enjoy reading books from all genres and watching documentaries (PBS is at the top!). I sometimes transcribe historical documents online as part of the Smithsonian Digital Volunteers Project. Oh, and I also volunteer in a library, which is always fun!

Nice to meet you all!

Last edited:

HolofoilStarmie

Leading expert on something, I bet
Hi all,

I'm 27 and an illustrator and graphic designer. I've been a mega-fan of Pokemon since day 1, and much to my parents sorrow and disappointment, I still am XD I play the games and watch the series and movies, but my real love is for the trading card game. I've been aware of and periodically visited PokeBeach for years, so I thought why not join now, since this year marks my return to the trading cards with renewed passion after something of a hiatus. My fave Pokemon is Starmie and my fave game is Red Version (which was also my first). Glad to meet everyone and finally get more fully involved in the wider Pokemon community!

McKendra9123

Trio Master: Dark, Poison & Fire Trainer
Hello, fellow PoKéfans. Become a member not too long ago. I'm McKendra from Oregon, but originally born in northern California. Born in December of '92, I've been playing, trading & collecting PoKémon since I was 6 years old (1998/99). My first games were PoKémon Red & Blue and Stadium. I remember once trying to teach my mom about PoKémon before I got caught up in the lure of the Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game. Use to be in a trio cycle of stealing between me, my big brother and our cousin because we would steal each other's PoKémon cards so often. Been watching the anime since day one. I remember the tears during the first 4 PoKémon movies.

I found this site when I was looking up PoKémon with ties to royalty on Google. Been loving what I've seen so far on PoKéBeach. Hope to make some new friends here and build deep bonds of fellowship too.

Last edited:

softsoph

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone,

I'm Sophie, 20 years old and from the Netherlands.
I absolutely loved Pokemon from all the way when I was just 3 years old. I watched the anime at first, and when I was about 8 years old I got Pokemon Emerald for christmas together with a Nintendo DS. I didn't actually even know that Pokemon games existed up till then. I had only watched the anime and seen some commercials for the videogames on tv without knowing what they were like exactly. This grew my fascination for Pokemon even more.

When I was a child I got my first Pokemon TCG booster pack from my mom's friend together with my sister. I'm not sure why she gave me one but she knew I liked Pokemon, so I guess that's why. It was from the EX Power Keepers set.
I quickly forgot about them after that, but I always had this huge fascination with them from the moment I saw them.
Throughout a few years I never got to open too many booster packs because my parents did not support the hobby and let alone did not give me much pocket money for anything at all. I never even got an ex or Lvl. X card despite opening a total of about 20 boosters as a child. I think the best I got was a few holos. At this point I honestly wonder if the toy shop was weighing the packs somehow.

Skip to 2016, I was 17 years old and absolutely did not have any interest in Pokemon cards anymore. Then I saw a tweet from someone I was following with some cards and it somehow instantly revitalized my interest in them. I ended up buying like 8 packs in total, just like when I was I didn't get any EX's haha.

It seems like the Pokemon TCG is infectious. Because now another 3 years later, this May I got back into the trading card game when I suddenly just had this big urge to buy some cards. I can't even remember where this urge came from, I just realized I had money all of a sudden and that I could buy lots of cards. I ended up starting out with a booster box of Unbroken Bonds and an ETB. Then it evolved into some other booster boxes proceeded by attempting to collect the XY Generations set through single cards currently with only 12 cards still missing.

Other than that, since Pokemon Emerald I have owned and played the following Pokemon games: Diamond, Platinum, White, White 2, X, Omega Ruby, Moon, Ultra Sun..
The only ones out of these that I bought but didn't beat were X and Moon for some reason. I just didn't have the time for it anymore and always wanted to get back to them but never have.
As you can see, Pokemon has been a big part of my life always, I'm happy to be collecting cards again and I hope I can participate in some discussions here with the nice people at PokeBeach

( ´ ▽ ` ).。o☆

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Ok, this is a bit late, but we're doing it live.

I started playing in Base Set and played up until a month after Expedition was released. Did A LOT of other collectable gaming for years, traveled a bit to different events for those games (namely Yugioh and Dreamblade. ALMOST went to a M:TG Prix). Kids got me back into Pokemon in December of 2016.

Medically retired military, been running a Pokemon League since last year, now I'm one of the heads of the PokeBeach Premium Article Program. Outside of that, I'm an amateur magician (ironically, I have almost zero interest in card magic).

To everyone new: welcome to PokeBeach. Let's do something great here.

TheTortieDragon

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone!

Why I joined! I've been playing Pokemon a LONG time, am always looking through forums when I need to look up opinions on Pokemon moves or to figure out a tough part in one of the games. I joined because I've just started to become a Pokemon blogger and I'd like to get feedback on what I have so far. I also value how helpful the Pokemon community is in solving problems, sharing friend codes to trade hard-to-get pokemon, and sharing experiences from the games and movies that others can read and learn from.
I've never joined a Pokemon forum before, I'm not one to flame-comment or just be downright rude, so I'll respond sarcastically before I get mean.

Where you found out about Pokebeach! I've heard of this site before, have come to it via google search to find answers about a particular problem in one of the games, but have never considered joining until now.

Your interests! Ho boy, I have so many. In short, writing, art, videogames, and TONS of fandoms (currently hooked on The Dragon Prince, Miraculous Ladybug, and the Dreamworks Dragons series). I love cat, corgi, dachshund, fox, and dragon things. I love memes, I frequently respond with reaction pics on social media, and I have a dark sense of humor, so I can appreciate the imperfections and 'wtf's of the Pokemon universe.

Hobbies! See above.

Anything else you want us to know about you! I am an atypical mind and a Jill-of-all-trades when it comes to traditional art. I have a Bachelor's degree in General Arts and a minor in metalsmithing/jewelry making. My heart belongs to a tortie kitten named Millie who enjoys yelling at me and trying to rip my fingers off lol. I don't know everything about a specific Pokemon topic, but I know a lot about many different ones. I am my own worst critic when it comes to writing and art and know where I'm good and where I'm horrible in both of those.

You can find my articles about many different Pokemon (cuz I don't know where to put them on here yet)
here
here
here
here
here
and here.

sandragon13

Aspiring Trainer
Good afternoon everyone, I'm sandragon13. Pokemon has been a part of my life since it first arrived in the US in the late '90s. While I've consistently played the main-series games (though I decided not to do Sword/Shield) I've also had fluctuating interest in the TCG, having recently revived my focus in that subject.

Why I joined/How I found out about PB:
I was an active forum participant on other prominent Pokemon message boards more than a decade ago but lost interest in that scene for various reasons. PokeBeach has been recommended to me by others, and I have used the site's translations of recent card set releases for their well-recognized accuracy. I'm also very hopeful that the community of fakemon and fake card creators and enthusiasts can provide both inspiration and feedback for my projects.

My Hobbies: Besides Pokemon, I'm interested in anime and manga, though the former has become more of a back-burner thing due to real-world responsibilities. I also used to draw and write fiction extensively but both of those have unfortunately been victims of time crunch. I love to learn about many different subjects, with a special focus in the natural world, biology and the life sciences, game theory, strategy, and sports.

I look forward to meeting and working with everyone.

SlowPokéDad

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone, for years my kids have been into Pokémon and D and D (son mostly there) and my daughter who has been a card collector and recently began to play the TCG game. I found myself learning so that she could learn it better through game play at home and such. We are both in our local league and go just about every weekend, there is other life outside of TCG although I may get pummeled for saying that here!! My daughter who is 13 has close to 2,000 cards and growing in volume. My son has a lot of older Poke cards in his collection too.
Now as I look around and see the age group of everyone here I'm not sure I want to show my age by telling it. I'll just say I'm catching up to the dawn of time on my age!! LOL

I joined to find out more about the game, to get help with the decks my daughter and I build and get advise from/for them.

My other hobby is model cars. I've been building models since the age of 6 and have been building for the last 45 years... Oops let that slip...

Looking forward to meeting others on here and have fun learning about the TCG game!

HolofoilStarmie

Leading expert on something, I bet
Hello everyone, for years my kids have been into Pokémon and D and D (son mostly there) and my daughter who has been a card collector and recently began to play the TCG game. I found myself learning so that she could learn it better through game play at home and such. We are both in our local league and go just about every weekend, there is other life outside of TCG although I may get pummeled for saying that here!! My daughter who is 13 has close to 2,000 cards and growing in volume. My son has a lot of older Poke cards in his collection too.
Now as I look around and see the age group of everyone here I'm not sure I want to show my age by telling it. I'll just say I'm catching up to the dawn of time on my age!! LOL

I joined to find out more about the game, to get help with the decks my daughter and I build and get advise from/for them.

My other hobby is model cars. I've been building models since the age of 6 and have been building for the last 45 years... Oops let that slip...

Looking forward to meeting others on here and have fun learning about the TCG game!

That's brilliant, I always love hearing when it's a shared hobby :)

BloodMoonNymph

Blood Moon Nymph
Hi~! *waves* I am Sam. Just Sam. I am non binary and a bit of a goth. I am from Canada. I love photography, singing, going out with friends, and of course playing pokemon.
I am getting a Switch Lite at the end of the month with Sw/Sh and LGE.

I guess I'll check out the rest of the board now. <3 BMN

Clam

Almost decent
Hi I enjoy peoples, food and of course games although im pretty positive im not very helpful and I guess i'm trying to be a slightly better person

The Last Shaymin

Floof
wow i honestly cannot believe that i have not done this yet

Well, hello, people! I am TLS, and I have been here for 4 years now, and I have not done this yet!

about me... hmm. I want to be helpful, but i can tend to be annoying sometimes so if i overstep any boundaries, please tell me. I have been doing pretty okayish at the TCG, with a few top 128 finishes and one top 64 this year in masters. I do extremely poorly at cups and challenges, so i still dont have my worlds invite.

I tend to procrastinate on a lot of things, and i put very little effort into things I don't enjoy doing. I have been working on this, so i spend less time on here now. I usually come here when I am bored and I don't have much to do.

I am overall a somewhat boring person who attempts to type funny things on the internet.

...yay?