Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, I'm surprised and a bit disappointed that Paradox Pokemon aren't the Team Plasma/Ultra Beasts/Battle Styles of this gen, considering in the games they have so many parallels to UBs in both gameplay and story. And like Single Strike vs. Rapid Strike they could've split them into 2 contrasting groups. I thought for sure they were saving them for a set focused on them as a new "label mechanic" later down the road.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, I'm surprised and a bit disappointed that Paradox Pokemon aren't the Team Plasma/Ultra Beasts/Battle Styles of this gen, considering in the games they have so many parallels to UBs in both gameplay and story. And like Single Strike vs. Rapid Strike they could've split them into 2 contrasting groups. I thought for sure they were saving them for a set focused on them as a new "label mechanic" later down the road.
Yep, Im surprised to see them so soon, I was expecting at least into the 4th set or something

LilTone96TTV

Aspiring Trainer
So do those ...things? count as formes of Donphan or will they have separate dex numbers? Donphan has a semi-recurring tradition of being in the first set of new eras of the TCG but I don't know if this counts.
They have separate dex entries.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Based on the new Psychic types, it'll probably be that Gamefreak decided to get rid of fairy types permanently
Gamefreak doesn’t seem to have a lot of involvement in the TCG – not on a regular, on-going basis, anyway. It’s primarily managed by Creatures.

Last edited:

Polaris

Iron Treads seems bad, Gardevoir seems insane and will probably be a good deck since it can pair with other busted Gardy evos, Magnezone seems middle of the road and Giant Tusks or whatever is better than people think. 250 damage is a crap ton of damage, and we have multiple fighting accelerators right now. Plus the new item gives it 280 HP on a basic, which is bonkers.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
So, that Gardevoir is probably gonna get like 3 months before someone finds a combo that breaks Expanded with that ability. What are they thinking? Lol.

Monarch

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if the tcg will either keep poison types as dark types or go back to making it psychic types

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if the tcg will either keep poison types as dark types or go back to making it psychic types
If any types were being shifted again it would have been announced by now. It also wouldn't make any sense to change it back.

Chicken008

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, are Great Tusk and Iron Treads the actual names? Or are these codes names, like how Ultra Beasts had code names?
Bizarre.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Actually insane were getting Paradox Pokemon this early, I assumed they would be like the Ultra Beasts and not debut until the fourth main set of 2023 - kinda wish they had some cool design motifs or something to differentiate them from regular Pokemon ex like Ultra Beasts did, but whatever, I still want them haha

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Wait, are Great Tusk and Iron Treads the actual names? Or are these codes names, like how Ultra Beasts had code names?
Bizarre.
Those are their actual names that they were given in the present time, as it's assumed because they are past/future forms of those Pokemon they would just be called by their species name in their respective time period, so they were given "codenames" in the present time to differentiate them