Is 6 Corners viable?

XIIISkies

Aspiring Trainer
How viable is 6 Corners atm? I like playing the deck but feel like it's too slow for the format seeing as how almost every other deck has some sort of energy acceleration.

It's very viable just takes skill to play to keep ur energy on the board and some upgrades maybe kyurem EX and such

Yeah, what he said ^

Also, I was thinking about how about Electrode in a version of 6 corners? It would speed up the energy. What do you guys think?

I've been playing Electrode in 6 Corners for a while now, and it is so much better than the regular variant. Once so many useable energies are down on the field, you can basically attack with any attacker that you want at anytime. It is really a great deck. I would recommend it over regular Six Corners any day.

Plus electrode doesn't blow up anything to important if u got the pokemon out needed to beat your opponent but then again that is the risk of electrode.

To start, Six Corners is a totally viable deck. Recently, Six Corners has been put off to the side. Many of the decks in today's format consist of energy accelerating cards. Energy Acceleration is the use of a Pokemon to attach many energies to use great attacks that are a little costly. Some of the main accelerators are Celebi Prime, Electrode Prime, Emboar, and Eelektrik. These make the format really fast and hard to keep up with. Six Corners rarely runs Energy Acceleration, with the exception of an occasional Electrode Prime, which makes it hard to keep up while taking important KOs. 6 Corners usually gets around this by hitting for weakness on popular cards. This has become much harder recently because approximately 80 damage a turn can't win you the game anymore. 6 Corners has also been helped little by the recent release of Next Destinies. It has been helped because it doesn't need to take as many KOs because of EXs. Six Corners usually needs to win in the first 6-8 turns before your opponent can set up and run through you relatively weak pokemon.

How can 6 Corners keep up anymore? The answer is more strategies. The trick to winning with 6 Corners is taking advantage by countering your opponent's entire deck with 1-2 cards. That is really easy to do with a deck like 6 Corners because you can run 4 copies of both Prism and Rainbow Energy which gives you a huge diversity of cards you can use. Even though you can use a huge variety of cards, you need to make sure you don't over-tech. Test all of your matchups before making any serious changes to your list. Another way to win with this deck is add energy acceleration. This may change your list a ton, but if you can't beat them, join them. I personally like Electrode in 6 Corners, but some others (including [member]Rougechomp[/member]) like to use other like to use Celebi Prime to fuel their entire deck.

In conclusion, this deck is still very viable, but it needs to be changed a little bit from last format. This deck also needs tons of skill to play it, so don't be discouraged if it doesn't work out at first. :)

-iisnumber12

[/sand=iisnumber12]

Not viable anymore IMO.

It gets way too outsped because it has no energy acceleration. Now almost every deck can one shot any pokemon in Six Corners, bar Mewtwo or whatever other EXs are in it, which easily gets rid of all energy on the field. This leaves you with no way to attack or to do anything.

Energy acceleration, Durant, or bust. :p

Even without energy acceleration, good Six Corners builds are still extremely viable. I would, however, not recommend running it without at the very least 1 Mewtwo EX and 1 more Mewtwo counter (additional Mewtwos, Cobalion etc.). Otherwise, the relatively low damage output leaves you vulnerable to EX‘s, especially Mewtwo, with their huge damage output and bulk.

And no, the lack of energy acceleration does not mean the deck gets outsped. Against the big setup decks (Reshiphlosion and Zone variants mostly), you can usually set up your counter before they have established themselves. Light setup decks do often get set up before you have enough energy in play, but can‘t OHKO anything to remove your energies at that point. T1-T2 Mewtwo decks are the only thing that sets up fast enough to give you problems with your energy attachments, but these can be answered with your own Mewtwo EX +DCE. All in all, slowness because of energy is only a problem for decks with high energy costs, which the early game plan for 6C lacks.

(All statements about setup decks made in the above paragraph are barring absurd godhands)

Thank for the replies everyone. I just started playing Pokemon, and it's reassuring to know I didnt choose a deck that's completely fallen off the map. I've posted my current decklist in Deck Garage, any help/changes would be greatly appreciated. :D

EXP share is the way to run 6 corners now-a-days. Put an exp share on terakion. Get knocked out, put one more energy on him, and you're doing 90 out of nowhere.

The Trode is vital. For these Basics, you need Energy down FAST if you want to win the game. If you're too slow, MTC and ZekEels will tear you to shreds. With all the Energy on the field, you really do have a chance. Furthermore, you have freedom with where you place this Energy hopefully T2. Rather than praying to draw the right Energy, Trode boosts your chances and speed immensely.

It is essential to have some kind of energy acceleration because it will be hard if you don't because other decks with energy acceleration will completely run over this deck. My friend plays basically a version with this that includes eelektrik, which is an energy acceleration. Another plays trode. Either way this deck will almost never do well without energy acceleration.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
EXP share is the way to run 6 corners now-a-days. Put an exp share on terakion. Get knocked out, put one more energy on him, and you're doing 90 out of nowhere.

6 corners runs heavy on special energy so Exp. Share is onto valid if u put more basic energy but this makes the deck harder to run.

It's not if you can play it right. Honestly, I don't see how Six Corners is viable without Electrode. I have been playing since cities, and it has really got amazing with the release of EXs such as Mewtwo, Kyurem and Reshiram. You should hit at least 2 energy with and Energymite, and since you are playing so many Rainbow and Prism, you are going to be able to use those to fully power up just about any attack on the field after your regular attach for the turn.

Back