Pokemon Is the 4th generation overrated?

Is the 4th generation overrated?

• Totally!! Its just the same as any other reigon!

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Nope - It deserves to be as it is

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know Kanto and Johto are modelled after existing provinces, but they are far less obvious, but Sinnoh is a 100% exact noticable copy of Hokkaido...

I know, but really, take a look at Japan:
[attachment=4955]

Which of the current Pokémon regions is the most obvious to be noted?

I say Nintendo's source of inspiration is rapidly decreasing....

Attachments

• japan.gif
    japan.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 11
I think the 4rth gen would be better If you could veiw your pokemon's EV's And IV's

Seeing as to how popular 4th gen competitive battling became compared to 3rd gen competitive battling, i'd say they'll add EV's and IV's to 5th gen, the odds of that are still extremely low though.

Juliacoolo said:
I think the 4rth gen would be better If you could veiw your pokemon's EV's And IV's

I think lots more reasons why the 4th generation was bad. Here are my opinions on all 4 reigons.

Kanto - Perfect (10/10)
Johto - Satisfactory (6/10)
Hoenn - Decent (8/10)
Sinnoh - Boring (4/10)

Kanto wasn't perfect, and sinnoh is better than Jhoto, but pretty accurate overall.

Kanto: 9/10 - Awesome
Johto: 10/10 - Perfect
Hoenn: 6/10 - Meh...
Sevii Isles: 5/10 - Johto soundtrack makes it reasonably decent...
Sinnoh: 1/10 - No words exist to describe this horrid region!

SixaxiS said:
Kanto: 9/10 - Awesome
Johto: 10/10 - Perfect
Hoenn: 6/10 - Meh...
Sinnoh: 1/10 - No words exist to describe this horrid region!

Do you want me to put you on the favourite reigon list on the original post?

I think that the 4th generation had a really annoying thing - the snow routes! Hopefully they will put it in the anime - it will look interesting...

Kanto 10/10
Johto 10/10
Hoenn 5/10
Sinnoh 7/10

I personally like the new evolutions for the old pokemon. The poke-radar is fantastic, they brought back night and day (thank you!), and a 1-1 ratio of good to bad pokemon designs is still far better that a 0-0 ratio.

Still I think better designs would make the 5th gen a lot more enjoyable. That and changing the entire way the game works, but thats not going to happen anytime soon.

greeniax said:
Kanto 10/10
Johto 10/10
Hoenn 5/10
Sinnoh 7/10

I personally like the new evolutions for the old pokemon. The poke-radar is fantastic, they brought back night and day (thank you!), and a 1-1 ratio of good to bad pokemon designs is still far better that a 0-0 ratio.

Still I think better designs would make the 5th gen a lot more enjoyable. That and changing the entire way the game works, but thats not going to happen anytime soon.

Would you like to be put on the fav reigon list?

Note: If you want me to put you're name on the favourite reigon list, just say it that you do with you're post.

Well everyone hates sinnoh as they gave us little pokemon, non orignal ideas and gave to many pokemon that cant be used also it doesnt have that sparkle hoeen and johto have. But one good thing is Empoleon and infernape and also cresselia lol

kashmaster said:
Well everyone hates sinnoh as they gave us little pokemon, non orignal ideas and gave to many pokemon that cant be used also it doesnt have that sparkle hoeen and johto have. But one good thing is Empoleon and infernape and also cresselia lol

That is "d" dumbest generalization I have ever heard. : P Lots of people enjoy, and if they didn't, why were the sales so great?

Also, to SixaxiS: What do you mean they have little inspiration left? :| Look at the Pokemon movies; they draw settings from all over the world! They don't have to stay in Japan, they could move to all kinds of countries.

Rating for the regions?
Kanto 9/10 (I liked how diverse it was :3)
Johto 6/10 I didn't think the design of the region was amazing, other than the ice cave.
Hoenn 9/10 Maybe I just have a fond attachment, but I do like this region a lot.
Sinnoh 8/10 (I like the huge mountain and the land of snow! Very cool design wise)

proof of no inspiration:

- As said before, the Hokkaido province.

- Dialga and Palkia are clearly named after Diamond and Pearl.

- Leafeon. come on, they didn't even bother thinking of a less obvious name...

- Thinking of evolutions for 1st gen pokémon.

- Most of the new pokémon look exactly like animals, heck, there's even a breed of birds called "Starly"

- The other half of new pokémon that don't look exactly like animals, look exactly like robots instead.

- Many other things, but i don't have the time to name them all.

SixaxiS said:
- As said before, the Hokkaido province.
Every region is based of a part of Japan. Also, for lack of inspiration, see the region Kanto, based on the Kanto region in Japan.

- Dialga and Palkia are clearly named after Diamond and Pearl.
...So? Of course they are.

- Leafeon. come on, they didn't even bother thinking of a less obvious name...
Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Glaceon. They're just as obvious.

- Thinking of evolutions for 1st gen pokémon.
Evolutions for old Pokémon = WIN! Especially since the 1st Gen Pokémon mostly suck.

...The 4th Generation is obviously the best as of yet. The Pokémon are awesome, the region is epic, and the characters even better. ^-^

(This post can be counted as a "My favorite region is Sinnoh, obviously. 10/10"post.)

Back