Jewel Seekers and Cursed Blasts — Terapagos ex Is Actually Broken

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! After playing a bit with the new set, I’ve been working mostly on my list for Terapagos ex. Many results from online tournaments have started to narrow down the right way to play Terapagos, with many lists featuring Pidgeot ex, Dusknoir, or both. Terapagos is clearly a good card. Even though it cannot attack on turn one, its first attack is extremely efficient. As long as you have a full Bench with Area Zero Underdepths, Terapagos deals 220 damage for just one Double Turbo Energy! This would be a...

Continue reading...

“Hello everyone! Here’s a long winded filler paragraph telling you what you already know.

Now, we’ll look at support Pokémon. Here’s a description of one or two.

This concludes the public portion of this article.”

🙄
Yeah that's the point unfortunately, they have to give a reason to make you pay for a subscription which is fair enough. The site gives enough information already without it so I'd say its warranted.

What would yall say is terapogos best mus? How does it do against bolt

What would yall say is terapogos best mus? How does it do against bolt
Bolt is not a great matchup imo, but you can swing it your way with some careful planning. If they can’t Prime Catcher and you have something like Fan Rotom in the active, you can usually buy a turn unless they kill with Sandy Shocks, which will put you on even footing. The 290 HP basics which OHKO every turn are difficult to deal with for any deck, though. That said, I don’t think this deck has any terrible matchups. Pult and Drago might be a bit sketchy sometimes but it has no matchups like LZB into Drago lol. Actually LZB might be its worst matchup but since no one is playing that deck atm I’m unsure how true that is

“Hello everyone! Here’s a long winded filler paragraph telling you what you already know.

Now, we’ll look at support Pokémon. Here’s a description of one or two.

This concludes the public portion of this article.”

🙄
Damn, you figured it out. Nice job, Sherlock, nothing gets past you.

Damn, you figured it out. Nice job, Sherlock, nothing gets past you.
3/4ths of the articles on Pokebeach are card releases. If all I cared about was the text on the card for the latest leak I’d go to Justin Basil or suffer through a certain YouTuber screaming at me for 10 minutes.

Instead, I come here for thought provoking, relevant, insightful commentary regarding what’s interesting or relevant for standard. I don’t mind subscribing but I don’t know the level of paid-subscription quality because the “free” portion is consistently shallow.

“Here’s a catchy headline! Here’s a paragraph telling you nothing new. Here’s a synopsis of a support Pokémon. Pay us to learn more!”

TBH it’s not an enticing business model. You’ve told me nothing I don’t already know and you expect me to pay to learn more? No thank you.

Last edited:
3/4ths of the articles on Pokebeach are card releases. If all I cared about was the text on the card for the latest leak I’d go to Justin Basil or suffer through a certain YouTuber screaming at me for 10 minutes.

Instead, I come here for thought provoking, relevant, insightful commentary regarding what’s interesting or relevant for standard. I don’t mind subscribing but I don’t know the level of paid-subscription quality because the “free” portion is consistently shallow.

“Here’s a catchy headline! Here’s a paragraph telling you nothing new. Here’s a synopsis of a support Pokémon. Pay us to learn more!”

TBH it’s not an enticing business model. You’ve told me nothing I don’t already know and you expect me to pay to learn more? No thank.
"If you're not completely satisfied with your membership, you can request a full refund within 30 days."

I feel like this is a pretty reasonable solution to your problem?

"If you're not completely satisfied with your membership, you can request a full refund within 30 days."

I feel like this is a pretty reasonable solution to your problem?
It’s an option, not a solution. Look at paid-only substack writers; their “free” content has enough quality to entice readers into a subscription. Don’t tell me what I already know, throw two paragraphs of fluff in my face, and expect me to subscribe in the off chance that any worthwhile content is behind your paywall.

Last edited:
It’s an option, not a solution. Look at paid-only substack writers; their “free” content has enough quality to entice readers into a subscription. Don’t tell me what I already know, throw two paragraphs of fluff in my face, and expect me to subscribe in the off chance that any worthwhile content is behind your paywall.
No one is forcing you to read these, we all know there's tons of information all over the Internet. If you don't wanna pay, then ok? Based off your tone it doesn't feel like you're aiming to give actual constructive feedback here, you're just complaining about either: something that was freely made available to you, or: something you're choosing not to pay for but you also don't seem interested in

Perhaps you can make subscriptions more enticing by having monthly giveaway contests or something. The prizes could be a bunch of code cards and only subscribers can enter.
Or, another thing can be a referral program. If you invite others to subscribe, you can get a bonus or discount or a free booster pack of Palworld TCG or something. Lol!!!
Just some thoughts ;)

No one is forcing you to read these, we all know there's tons of information all over the Internet. If you don't wanna pay, then ok? Based off your tone it doesn't feel like you're aiming to give actual constructive feedback here, you're just complaining about either: something that was freely made available to you, or: something you're choosing not to pay for but you also don't seem interested in
I mean, he mentioned something Pokébeach article writers like @grantm1999 could compare their work to if they wanted to improve their content and increase its appeal. That at least seems constructive to me.

(Speaking of which, it's the article writers who have real skin in the game... the website itself doesn't directly benefit monetarily from the program, though I'm sure it does contribute to the appeal of the site and thus indirectly affect it. Fan of his tone or not, perhaps the writers could benefit from taking notes on how these sub stackers TheNidoKing mentioned show the quality of their work up-front. Chances to improve your craft can always be welcome.)

Am I the only one that doesn't get the hype for this deck? It just seems like a worse version of Charizard/Dusknoir to me.

Am I the only one that doesn't get the hype for this deck? It just seems like a worse version of Charizard/Dusknoir to me.
Bro briar and dusk noir is one of the most disgusting combos in the game , and noctowl is so good that it’s easy to hit

Yeah that's the point unfortunately, they have to give a reason to make you pay for a subscription which is fair enough. The site gives enough information already without it so I'd say its warranted.
I don’t see the point of subscribing to this website tbh. No offense but these articles state super obvious things. Not just that, but you could literally talk to any other players and you’d get the same information for free. It’s just so these people can make some money and they just kinda come up with random things to talk about that either nobody cares about, or again you could easily have the same information by just talking to players.

Bro briar and dusk noir is one of the most disgusting combos in the game , and noctowl is so good that it’s easy to hit
That just reinforces my point; Charizard already uses Briar and Dusknoir, and a thin Noctowl line has also been incorporated in some lists. I suppose Terapagos is still better if you want to spam Dusknoir. but I'm still not convinced of that being the greatest strategy ever.

That just reinforces my point; Charizard already uses Briar and Dusknoir, and a thin Noctowl line has also been incorporated in some lists. I suppose Terapagos is still better if you want to spam Dusknoir. but I'm still not convinced of that being the greatest strategy ever.
It’s just how everything comes together. It’s by far the best user of the new Tera cards, and noctowl makes briar dusknoir super easy to hit. Not to mention noctowl also makes the rest of the game super smooth because you have everything you need. Its also crazy consistent, if you hit terapagos fan rotom t1, you’re gonna have a good game

I don’t see the point of subscribing to this website tbh. No offense but these articles state super obvious things. Not just that, but you could literally talk to any other players and you’d get the same information for free. It’s just so these people can make some money and they just kinda come up with random things to talk about that either nobody cares about, or again you could easily have the same information by just talking to players.
If you're fortunate enough to have a handful of Worlds-caliber players to talk to as your testing group, then congratulations. Not everyone has that sort of access.

Obviously, the subscriber program isn't going to be for everyone. Like any service, if you're not in a position to need it, then you clearly just won't use it. Our writers have worked hard to achieve their level of skill and there is no reason that we should not compensate them for those years of work. Subscriptions allow us to do that.

I am always willing to hear ideas on how we can improve the article program, but this thread is not the place to do it. If you or anyone else has any concerns or questions, message me privately. Please only discuss the deck or this article specifically from this point forward.

Back