BW/BW2 Kyurem Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Kyurem Came From a Meteorite, and Eats Humans and Pokemon

JacobTheElf said:
I think that there needs to be pokemon who eats humans to convince non-pokemon people to realize that pokemon isn't a children's game anymore.

Also, if this theory is true, I think that Kyurem only eats humans to protect pokemon. That seems to be the theory of this generation, after all--Strong pokemon/humans trying to liberate/protect pokemon from humans. Just look, the Genie trio and the Muskateer quad-io are all for protecting pokemon. Then we have Team Plasma and N who wish to free pokemon from humans. And if this is true, Kyurem who eats humans so those humans won't abuse pokemon. Pokemon seems to have more complex storyline now.

This legend is not a theory, it is completely true, it was translated from the games:)

Most pokemon are carnivores and are known to eat pokemon (though its only implied)
If pokemon were real, some like the musketeers would attack people. Check out a tv trope on The Extended Fanon Edition Pokedex (a realistic point of view)
Anyways, the legends are better this way. Kyurem just seems more legendary instead of only kind and friendly.
I agree with what omzebra and JTE said

Since it this was a translation, maybe the word for "eat" in Japanese has multiple meanings. For example, in English, we use "to hang (out)" as in spending time with friends. It can also be interpreted literally, especially if you said this to a foreigner.

Soul Dew said:
Since it this was a translation, maybe the word for "eat" in Japanese has multiple meanings. For example, in English, we use "to hang (out)" as in spending time with friends. It can also be interpreted literally, especially if you said this to a foreigner.

Thats a little to far fetched, how can the word eat have multiple meanings. The legend sais the kyurem takes humans and pokemon away at night and eats them, its as simple as that. If you play pokemon black and white and go to Kagome town you will notice that the people will be in their homes at night, why else would they go in their homes at night, this dosen't happen in any other town, only Kagome town. Also take notice that in the legend it sais terrifying monster- refering to kyurem because it eats humans and pokemon. Why else would the people be afraid of kyurem. :)

I don't think Kyurem eats humans in its form we know now, though. It looks too frail and weak. Maybe from its voyage on the meteor? To me, this means there will be another form where he is more powerful and eats pokemon and humans.

JacobTheElf said:
I don't think Kyurem eats humans in its form we know now, though. It looks too frail and weak. Maybe from its voyage on the meteor? To me, this means there will be another form where he is more powerful and eats pokemon and humans.

If kyurem would eat humans and pokemon in a new form, then why would they reveal this legend this early when we don't even have proof of kyurem having a new form. Woulden't they reveal this legend when kyurem gets a new form or if it gets a new form. :)

Extreme Pokémon Fan said:
If kyurem would eat humans and pokemon in a new form, then why would they reveal this legend this early when we don't even have proof of kyurem having a new form. Woulden't they reveal this legend when kyurem gets a new form or if it gets a new form. :)
Giratina's Diamond and Pearl PokéDex entry said:
A Pokémon that is said to live in a world on the reverse side of ours. It appears in an ancient cemetery.

So... yeah.

So it refers to the terrifying, menacing Kyurem. A lot of Pokemon are described as strong enough to kill.

Also, the verb for "to eat" in Chinese also means "to take/capture" in a game of (Chinese) chess. It's obvious to native speakers that the pieces aren't actually being consumed, but someone not so knowledgeable might take it literally. This happens in a lot of languages, so it can be expected from Japanese as well. The translator might have made a mistake. :D

Im pretty sure eat means eat. I doubt they made a mistake if many translators took a shot at it.
People and pokemon are afraid that kyurem would eat them, simple as that.
Weird how all the other legends stand up for other pokemon, while this one could care les about its meal.

Sweet, a pokemon that's actually kind of intimidating. I've heard of people eating pokemon, but pokemon eating people? Sounds like one of those Soviet Russia jokes.

Kyurem probably will have a new forme, it just hasn't been revealed yet like in DPP with Giratina.

Everybody keeps suggesting a new form of the ice dragon, wouldn't it be cool if they come up with a new legendary overall?

@Evolution
Ya, that would be cool if there was still a pokemon out there that gamefreak didn't reveal to us yet! But I do think kyurem will get a new form due to the fact it can learn freeze bolt and cold flare. I want to see kyurem in the anime so bad to see how it gets around. Also how does it open its mouth to eat humans and pokemon b/c it looks to me that its mouth is frozen shut!

Kyurem looks so weird though, when they make a legendary intended to be the head liner of the game, i dont think that they would show one this ugly. Maybe he will get a pre evo that looks beast, but he becomes wrinkled and old.

@Evolution

Ya, kyurem is strange and if this pokemon is gonna be a main legendary then they better give it a new form! But don't get me wrong kyurem still has a good design. I hope we can learn more secrets about this pokemon soon!

The reason it can learn Cold Flare and Freeze bolt could just be a gracious gift to an average stat legendary. Unlikely but it could be similar to why Lapras is made so it can learn 3 of the 4 impractical OHKO move through level up and breeding.

Okay, concerning the two new moves, i think the new FormSSS Will be something like:

ColdThunder Form
CoolFlame Form

Maybe? Then it could match with Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare.

A new legendary would be rather unlikely. Since BW and the future Grey (or whatever you call it) as well as the remakes and such fall under the same Gen 5, it thoroughly implies that all of these 5 games would be compatible with each other, for battling or trading. However do remember that if such a new Pokemon exists, this new data found in Grey would not be found in the original BW games, hence rendering trading of this Pokemon across impossible.

So a new legendary would only be possible if:

1: The games disallow (technically) the transfer of that specific pokemon across (or to use it in online battles)
2: The new games facilitate a data update when in contact with the BW games so as to allow the data of that new guy to be read from thsoe BW games hence rendering battling and trading with that new one possible.

But I don't really think there's going to be another legendary. Kyurem, with its stats and whatnot with Reshiram and Zekrom more or less confirms that they are in the same trio, and a new legendary would kind of render Kyurem as an unneeded average stat legendary, or put more simply, useless. Other than the fact that legendaries in the past which serve no purpose in the plots exist, they re either counterparts of one another or simply just event Pokemon (<- lol), like Mew, Shaymin, Cresselia (non-event but counterpart to event Darkrai).

But the thing about having two formes MIGHT be possible. Since the secondary effects and the names of the attacks suggest that the attacks are a combination of the Ice type and Reshiram and Zekrom's types, and fits perfectly as the "middleman" for the two contrasting ones. Or maybe even suggest that the Pokemon which Zekrom and Reshiram separated from (into 2 separate beings) is Kyurem (which explains the Ice-Thunder Ice-Fire -like attack combination attacks).

And Kyurem being an cold frozen chicken (well from Sugi's art it doesnt seem so) might suggest that it's just an old shell of its former self which Reshiram and Zekrom separated themselves from as mentioned in the games. (provided this theory is correct)

Sigh I crap too much. Time to play the piano lol.

Hopefully kyurem will get a new form!, maybe even 2 new forms, possibly ice-fire type, ice-electric type for each of its forms?

Ownage time. First, Kyurem will not gain any forms, or then we have Platinum all over again. Also, even though there are two 100% unlearnable moves named Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare, that isn't enough to warrent new forms. The only hint of a new form is the whole frozen chicken look, which, actually, looks like a spraypainted Giratina with Zekrom's tail superglued onto it.

~SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back