XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

Neil said:
If they gave one to Gardevoir and not Gallade i'd be a little upset.
Aye, it wouldn't make much sense to give one half of a duo a super form, but not the other half.

TokenDuelist said:
"
Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo
Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross
Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron
Abomasnow
"
Interesting list, though I can't see why Gengar, Gyarados, Scizor, Tyranitar and the Lati's would need a Mega Evo.

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

Finch182 said:
To allow proper discussion, future posts about Mega Pokémon you would like to see should include arguments that support why the Pokémon deserves/needs a mega form and how the form can fix that. Personal preference should be elaborated with possible changes to design! Otherwise, think of competitive play: stats, types, abilities, weaknesses, strengths, etc. or other valid arguments! *[mod]Drohn[/mod]

So, now we know X and Y will contain 'Mega Formes' of older Pokemon, which Pokemon would you love to see go MEGA?!

Personally, I would love to see Blastoise, Charizard, Snorlax, Wailord and Alakazam.

I might have already posted but I don't think I did I honestly want mega dunsparce it has a good move pool but no good stats it could grow longer get fangs and maybe its tail could even become a steel spike its the land snake pokemon so maybe a steel ground or steel rock type I would also love to see MEGA FARFETCHD its ... stick vegtable celery thing could become a SWORD vegtable celery thing also mega basculin would be awesome its the magikark of gen 5... WITHOUT A GYRADOS it desperately NEEDS an evolution or else it could just call it self the sushi Pokémon watchdog also needs 1 it just feels... incomplete and that's my list:D

What about you guys?

[private]This is on-topic but the s/g are pretty bad; I'll send a PM about it.
~Frezgle[/private]

I like that medicham is in the rumored list. I never would have thought of it to be considered but it makes a lot of sense. As a final form, it's pretty underpowered and its design could be expanded a lot.

J.D. said:
Neil said:
If they gave one to Gardevoir and not Gallade i'd be a little upset.
Aye, it wouldn't make much sense to give one half of a duo a super form, but not the other half.

TokenDuelist said:
"
Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo
Abomasnow
"
Interesting list, though I can't see why Gengar, Gyarados, Scizor, Tyranitar and the Lati's would need a Mega Evo.

Mainly because they're popular Pokemon. Most Pokemon that get Mega'd are either popular or in desperate need of some special boost.

I guess if Dragonite has a Mega form it would have to hold a Dragonitenite Mega Stone. lol

I would really like to see a Mega Tropius with maybe extra attack and speed. (I don't know... I just want to see a Mega Tropius...) It would be cool if all the Eeveelutions got mega forms as well. :D

what would be fun, if shedninja mega evolved and the stat change would go into health for once, because lets face it 1 HP is not gonna cut it for all the sandstorm teams XD -sandstorm dead next turn-

mikes-ocean-sun said:
I guess if Dragonite has a Mega form it would have to hold a Dragonitenite Mega Stone. lol

I would really like to see a Mega Tropius with maybe extra attack and speed. (I don't know... I just want to see a Mega Tropius...) It would be cool if all the Eeveelutions got mega forms as well. :D

On the eeveelution thought, I would love if they all got additional types as well through Mega Evolution. These types being the ones that haven't gotten any eeveelutions. As much as I love that family, I see no need to add a crazy amount more and this would take away types wfrom the pool.

For instance:
MegaVaporeon: Water/Poison
MegaJolteon: Electric/Bug
MegaFlareon: Fire/Rock
MegaEspeon: Psychic/Ghost
MegaUmbreon: Dark/Fighting
MegaLeafeon: Grass/Ground
MegaGlaceon: Ice/Flying
MegaSylveon: Fairy/Dragon

These types are probably just an eeveelution fanatic's dreams, but I could see them all getting a mega evolution as they fall in the popular category.

I really like it. But I hope that they don't make so many Mega Evolution, so that we don't get any other new Pokémon.

DrEspeon said:
mikes-ocean-sun said:

On the eeveelution thought, I would love if they all got additional types as well through Mega Evolution. These types being the ones that haven't gotten any eeveelutions. As much as I love that family, I see no need to add a crazy amount more and this would take away types wfrom the pool.

For instance:

These types are probably just an eeveelution fanatic's dreams, but I could see them all getting a mega evolution as they fall in the popular category.

Umbreon would be Dark/Poison then IMO. "When agitated, this POKéMON protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores."

Glaceon Flying? Ouch. Anyhow, the only one I could see growing any kind of wings would be Sylveon. Fairy-wings. But making those butterfly-like enough would make it the best candidate for Bug of the bunch...

Fire/Rock is really bad too. Heck Fire/Fighting would be better here, and also piss off fire/fighting starter haters to some extent and that's always fun.

Let me try spicing this up:
Vaporeon - Water/Dragon (oh my god)
Jolteon - Electric/Steel (Electric has an artificial vibe already anyway)
Flareon - Fire/Ground (not much of an improvement but way better than Rock)

Espeon - Psychic/Ghost (awesome)
Umbreon - Dark/Poison (nice defensive one too)

Leafeon - Grass/Fighting (both types kinda good and healthy I guess)
Glaceon - Ice/Rock (Sadly this combo sucks, but its the only that seems to work, with the similarity being between crystals-minerals-gemstones..)

Sylveon - Fairy/Bug (fits nicely to Fairy)

Mitja said:
DrEspeon said:

For instance:

Umbreon would be Dark/Poison then IMO. "When agitated, this POKéMON protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores."

Glaceon Flying? Ouch. Anyhow, the only one I could see growing any kind of wings would be Sylveon. Fairy-wings. But making those butterfly-like enough would make it the best candidate for Bug of the bunch...

Fire/Rock is really bad too. Heck Fire/Fighting would be better here, and also piss off fire/fighting starter haters to some extent and that's always fun.

Glaceon - Ice/Rock (Sadly this combo sucks, but its the only that seems to work, with the similarity being between crystals-minerals-gemstones..)

I LOVE Vaporeon being water/dragon
Mega Sylveon could be Fairy/Flying, Glaceon be Ice/Steel, and Jolteon be Electric/Bug. Slyveon grows fairy wings and flys, glaceon freezes so thick/hard that it becomes as strong as steel, and jolteon could work a yellow jacket or firefly theme. Idk the biggest stretch is jolteon here. Or jolteon could be a Japanese Bee who vibrates its body so fast that it raises its temperature and creates electricity.

DrEspeon said:
mikes-ocean-sun said:

For instance:

Mitja said:
DrEspeon said:

For instance:

Ohman177 said:
Mitja said:

I LOVE Vaporeon being water/dragon
Mega Sylveon could be Fairy/Flying, Glaceon be Ice/Steel, and Jolteon be Electric/Bug. Slyveon grows fairy wings and flys, glaceon freezes so thick/hard that it becomes as strong as steel, and jolteon could work a yellow jacket or firefly theme. Idk the biggest stretch is jolteon here. Or jolteon could be a Japanese Bee who vibrates its body so fast that it raises its temperature and creates electricity.

Very interesting idea, but it won't work unless Eevee has a Mega evo as well.

Here is the math:

17 Types + Fairy = 18 Types
18 Types - 8 Eeveelutions = 10 Unused Types
10 Unused Types - 8 New Types for the Eeveelutions = 2 Unused Types
2 Unused Types - Normal for Eevee = 1 Type Leftover...

Therefore for this theory to work Eevee would have to get its own Mega Evolution to use up the leftover type.

That being said I like these combos:

Eevee - Normal / Ground or Flying
Vaporeon - Water / Dragon
Jolteon - Electric / Steel
Flareon - Fire / Fighting
Espeon - Psychic / Ghost
Umbreon - Dark / Poison
Leafeon - Grass / Bug or Ground
Glaceon - Ice / Rock
Sylveon - Fairy / Flying or Bug

I think everyone would be happy with a MegaGrumpig. He's useless otherwise, with a small niche in the NU meta, and I think that's what MegaEvos should be more oriented for. . . Pokemon that even when fully evolved, aren't very good. . .
Grumpig being one of them. . .

Plus it helps that he's fairly high on my list of favorite Pokemon. . . :D

MuhFugginMoose said:
I think everyone would be happy with a MegaGrumpig. He's useless otherwise, with a small niche in the NU meta, and I think that's what MegaEvos should be more oriented for. . . Pokemon that even when fully evolved, aren't very good. . .
Grumpig being one of them. . .

Plus it helps that he's fairly high on my list of favorite Pokemon. . . :D

True too bad they really haven't done the megas that way and just try to make money from them.

zappy800 said:
True too bad they really haven't done the megas that way and just try to make money from them.

I don't know, to be honest, I gotta disagree with you. They're sort of doing it for us. They gave Mawile one, and Absol, because we the fans wanted evos, Kangaskhan because all of us that started with g1 wanted to see that baby out of its pouch, and the others because they're just, quite frankly, fan favorites. Do I see that being the case with Grumpig? Probably not, I mean who really likes him? But, we can always keep our fingers crossed and get thrown another curve ball like we did with Amphy.

TokenDuelist said:
"
Abomasnow
"

I recall seeing a picture of the Pokemon Game Show that had a good number of these Pokemon on it.

Also, since I see no one addressed this, they're saying that poster was simply the Pokemon the "Pokemon Masters" were using while battling. They had people dressed up like "Pokemon Masters" that people were able to challenge and won a prize. They had the leader from each generation present, which, would make a lot of sense, plus, each row, regarding each gen, only had six Pokemon.

As much as I'd like to see all of those Pokemon with MegaEvos, I'm pretty sure it was just the line up for all the "Masters" that they battled while at PGS. . . Otherwise, if that was what that poster entailed, that would have been HUGE news posted on every single site known to man. . . But there's a reason it wasn't. Just saying. :D

Well I think we've all heard about the clefable/gengar theory of gengar being clefable's evil side manifested to become its own pokemon in the form of her shadow and that's why she is so pure and good. WELL, what if they gave either clefable or gengar OR BOTH a mega where she is repossessed by her evil shadow Gengar. It'd be Normal/Ghost on clefable and Ghost/Normal on Gengar. I think it'd be a great way to provide fan service by confirming the theory and giving clefable a much needed boost while making gengar even more OP.

MuhFugginMoose said:
zappy800 said:

I don't know, to be honest, I gotta disagree with you. They're sort of doing it for us. They gave Mawile one, and Absol, because we the fans wanted evos, Kangaskhan because all of us that started with g1 wanted to see that baby out of its pouch, and the others because they're just, quite frankly, fan favorites. Do I see that being the case with Grumpig? Probably not, I mean who really likes him? But, we can always keep our fingers crossed and get thrown another curve ball like we did with Amphy.

No I was saying some pokemon are not good even with evolutions and those should be the ones with megas. The ones you listed with the exception of Kangaskhan needed actual evos and if they were still bad i would be fine with them getting megas. Kangaskhan I don't know if it really is good so i can't say t ddidn't deserve one.

Edit: oops meant to quote that.

Ohman177 said:
Well I think we've all heard about the clefable/gengar theory of gengar being clefable's evil side manifested to become its own pokemon in the form of her shadow and that's why she is so pure and good. WELL, what if they gave either clefable or gengar OR BOTH a mega where she is repossessed by her evil shadow Gengar. It'd be Normal/Ghost on clefable and Ghost/Normal on Gengar. I think it'd be a great way to provide fan service by confirming the theory and giving clefable a much needed boost while making gengar even more OP.

Technically that is just a fan theory that they don't care about so it probably wouldn't happen.

Quote fixed. *[mod]Drohn[/mod]

zappy800 said:
Ohman177 said:

Technically that is just a fan theory that they don't care about so it probably wouldn't happen.

Kanghaskan's baby was one of the biggest fan theories in the franchise and would you look at that, they used it. So what is keeping them from implementing the obvious in a still clever mega evolution?

Ohman177 said:
zappy800 said:

Kanghaskan's baby was one of the biggest fan theories in the franchise and would you look at that, they used it. So what is keeping them from implementing the obvious in a still clever mega evolution?

The fact that such thing is basically a fusion and we had enough of that with kyurem?
Unless both clefable and gengar have the same megaevolution, but that would be ridiculous.

And the fan theory means squat. Basically the fans noticed similar design traits between two pokemon of the same generation and inmediately linked the two of them without any solid evidence.
in design there are always certain guidelines, archetypes, construction lines, ratios, angles that repeat themselves, etc, I have a class where all we do is learn to find those things. also, it was the very first gen, they weren't even too clear on what exactly was a pokemon.

zappy800 said:
No I was saying some pokemon are not good even with evolutions and those should be the ones with megas. The ones you listed with the exception of Kangaskhan needed actual evos and if they were still bad i would be fine with them getting megas. Kangaskhan I don't know if it really is good so i can't say t ddidn't deserve one.

Edit: oops meant to quote that.

Oh, I gotcha. Haha, well in that case Amphy is the only one supporting your idea. However I agree, we need Fully evolved Pokemon, that just aren't quite good enough, (ampharos & Grumpig) to get that extra boost. Although I'm quite content with a Mega Evo of Mawile and Absol, two of my top 10 favorite Pokemon, I think I kind of would have prefered an actual evolution over this.
But who knows, we could very well see that, we've only seen 7, haha who knows how many more there can be.
InB4: 24 was NOT a confirmed number.
xD

professorlight said:
Ohman177 said:

The fact that such thing is basically a fusion and we had enough of that with kyurem?
Unless both clefable and gengar have the same megaevolution, but that would be ridiculous.

And the fan theory means squat. Basically the fans noticed similar design traits between two pokemon of the same generation and inmediately linked the two of them without any solid evidence.
in design there are always certain guidelines, archetypes, construction lines, ratios, angles that repeat themselves, etc, I have a class where all we do is learn to find those things.

1. Same body type straight down to the little features like hair, hands, feet, ears, and wings/spikes.
2. Nearly identical weight.
3. Immune to each other (because you can't touch your shadow).
4. Gengar is known as the shadow pokemon, the shadow being a representation of darkness. Clefable is always nice which means it lost its ability to be evil.
5. Both come out at full moon.
6. Both float/fly.
7. Both live in the mountains.
8. Gengar is short for doppleganger, meaning a double of a person.
I think that evidence is solid enough.
And I think they'd both have the same mega. Not sure on that part just want to see it happen.

Back