XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

Metalizard said:
^You're right, forgot about that, damn it... Well, if I'm not wrong, it's been confirmed the pokémon reverts at the end of battle so I think Megas don't revert when switching out. With that in mind, one could lead with Charizard and Mega evolve it and then simply switch out... probably not the best solution but still...
That's even assuming Charizard gets a type change; so far only Ampharos has gotten a new typing. Even if Charizard gets a Mega Evo, it could still be stuck with Fire/Flying, or even if it got a new typing, there's no guarantee it'll get anything as worthwhile as Fire/Dragon (which is still Stealth Rock weak).

Cinesra said:
Metalizard said:
Also, Charizard's special movepool is not as good as Volcarona's.
Charizard has Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast, two moves Volcarona would love to have. The only half decent special moves Volcarona gets that aren't Fire or Bug type are Hurricane and Solarbeam, which don't belong outside of specific weathers.
I know Dragon Pulse is quite enviable, but since when has Focus Blast been something any Pokemon wanted? I was under the impression that Focus Blast was more of a curse, what with its terrible accuracy, especially if it was something a Pokemon absolutely needed in their move set.

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

Maybe an actual SuperSandslash? Ground/Steel? Ground/Rock? The quills on Sandslash's back could turn into steel or stalagmites. Also for some reason i'd imagine it with a MK Scorpion like mask...

MuhFugginMoose said:
SuperSandslash said:
Maybe an actual SuperSandslash? Ground/Steel? Ground/Rock? The quills on Sandslash's back could turn into steel or stalagmites. Also for some reason i'd imagine it with a MK Scorpion like mask...

Haha, but we have Mega Sandlash. . .
It's called Excadrill. xD

Not exactly the same. :p

But I could totally see Mega Sandslash. The mega evolutions I see most are the fully evolved ones (not standalones) that are fairly small.

Jakeremix said:
Not exactly the same. :p

But I could totally see Mega Sandslash. The mega evolutions I see most are the fully evolved ones (not standalones) that are fairly small.

Haha, might as well be. Ground/Steel. Sand rush, Rapid Spin. Swesome typing. But better HP, Attack, and speed.
Sounds pretty much like we've had a Mega Sandslash all along. xD

But I guess, it doesn't look like a Sandslash.

On a side note, that's what I prefer. I want Fully Evolved pokes that aren't quite good enough to get that extra boost they need. It almost makes TOO much sense. . . But, it IS Game Freak. . .

Mega Girafarig?

Maybe it could be another Dark/Psychic, and he's taller, and his neck has psychic ring...things....I dunno how to explain it.

His evil tail will have gotten a sleeker, more evil look. It's much smarter, and it's able to grow and shrink in length.

Totally new and original idea (sarcasm), Mega-seaking! I would love to see it. It needs the boost anyway, because it is (mostly) awful, and the only thing it needs are better stats, besides that, seaking already has good abilities, so that doesn't need to change. Same goes for Lumineon, which also needs the same kind of boost.

My question is how would a mega evo safe charizard from stealth rock?

mega charizard said:

It wouldn't.
Since the Pokemon has to be in battle to Mega Evolve, then Charizard would take 50% from Stealth Rock before it had the chance to Mega Evolve. It would still be good, unless Politoed switched in or something.
The only ways I can think of that would make it safe would be to lead with Charizard and Mega Evolve it there and switch out, or make sure that Stealth Rock had been Rapid Spinned away before Charizard.

And even then, switching Mega Charizard may not have that much impact, especially if Mega Pokemon revert back to their usual forms after being switched out.

Mega Ampharos? Eep! (Not sure why it's Electric/Dragon..)

On the other hand, I love Pantene jokes. :p

Matty said:

It's name in Japanese is literally translated to "Electric Dragon". I think a better thing to wonder is why it wasn't already.

MuhFugginMoose said:
Matty said:

It's name in Japanese is literally translated to "Electric Dragon". I think a better thing to wonder is why it wasn't already.

it's not easy to connect flaaffy, a sheep, a lighthouse and a dragon together with a good, concise design, and make it as cute as amphy,
Even now, megaampharos is dragon only in it's japanese name and type, and doesn't look too much like a dragon (maybe is dinosaur-inspired? doesn't ring any bells though, and I know my shit about dinosaurs). So I think it's better to wonder why is dragon in it's japanese name.
Not that I'm complaining, any boost ampharos can get is well deserved (unlike some pokemon, who are strong already and now are even stronger *cough* lucario *cough* mewtwo *cough*)

P.DelSlayer said:
mega charizard said:

It wouldn't.
Since the Pokemon has to be in battle to Mega Evolve, then Charizard would take 50% from Stealth Rock before it had the chance to Mega Evolve. It would still be good, unless Politoed switched in or something.
The only ways I can think of that would make it safe would be to lead with Charizard and Mega Evolve it there and switch out, or make sure that Stealth Rock had been Rapid Spinned away before Charizard.

And even then, switching Mega Charizard may not have that much impact, especially if Mega Pokemon revert back to their usual forms after being switched out.
Pretty sure it's been confirmed that they stay in their Mega Forms until the battle has concluded, not when they've swapped out.

That said, even if Mega Charizard got retyped Fire/Dragon like many hope, it'd still be weak to Stealth Rocks. Unless its Stealth Rock weakness was neutralized, and all its stats got a serious raise, it's hard to see how even a Mega Evo would make Charizard a serious contender (by which I mean, put it in the standard tiers).

professorlight said:
Not that I'm complaining, any boost ampharos can get is well deserved (unlike some pokemon, who are strong already and now are even stronger *cough* lucario *cough* mewtwo *cough*)
As hard as it may seem to justify powerhouses like Lucario and Mewtwo getting a super form, I think it'd be even harder to justify Ampharos, Kangaskhan, and so on getting a super form while the aforementioned powerhouses did not.

Personally, I'm hoping most Pokemon to get a Mega Evo are from the mid-to-lower tiers, but there's no way they'll go without giving a few of the higher tier superstars a Mega form.

-EDIT-

After reviewing all Pokemon that possess an alternate form or forms, it seems that all possess the same HP Base Stat regardless of form or the means of transformation.

This makes me even more curious about what changes to base stats Mega Evolution will do, since the lack of an HP change in Mega Mewtwo doesn't prove its SP ATK is the only stat that gets an increase.

-EDIT2-
Okay, so someone else already said this; not everyone reads every page and every post :p...

I like the idea. It's something new and is kind of exciting to think about what possibilities approach with the redesign of other older Pokemon. I like it, because it's not permanent. Though it would be nice if the held item was not only used in battle. That way I could admire my MegaAmpharos while walking around. My only hope is that is doesn't become a cop-out for them to give some Pokemon Mega Evolution's rather than just a normal Evolution. Absol and Mawile will only get those stat boosts if you Mega Evolve them in battle. However you can apparently only use 1 mega evolution per battle. So really I'm thinking, would either of those Pokemon be worth that 1 time? I'm sure I'll have other Pokemon that I would rather see Mega anyways; Pokemon with already better stats. I feel like Mawile could have just deserved a normal evolution. I feel like Sableye will have a Mega as well, which again I feel like he should just have an evolution and then maybe a Mega would be better?

It's just that those Pokemon are not up to par with Lucario and Mewtwo who do have Mega's as well and it just doesn't make sense not to give them that extra push of an evolution.

That's more or less where I stand on the subject, but I am still excited to see other Mega evolution's.
Just not too many.

*Every starter should be entitled to one at least since Blaziken has one. (What makes that one so special? Plus you have to consider how GF normally expects you too have a close bond with starters)
*More legendaries should just go ahead and get in the mix. (If Mewtwo is on this list, then really any Pokemon could have a Mega)
*Eevee? should he even be messed with? It'd be a pain the ass, I'm sure to give Mega's to every evolution. Personally, I just want him to have a dragon form, but even if Eevee himself, alone, had a Mega form then that would be cool. (Some people actually just keep an Eevee, this way his normal form would be able to hold it's own)

Oh and also, I'm assuming that these Pokemon will be considered *forms* in the Pokedex, rather than separate Pokemon right? Everytime a Pokemon gets a new form, somewhere on some website GF will post that it's "a new Pokemon" and in all just F**k with everyone.

Thief said:
Oh and also, I'm assuming that these Pokemon will be considered *forms* in the Pokedex, rather than separate Pokemon right? Everytime a Pokemon gets a new form, somewhere on some website GF will post that it's "a new Pokemon" and in all just F**k with everyone.

Yes, this follows the trend of Rotom/Kyurem/Kami, where the extra design gains them an appropriate prefix to the name:
-Wash/Mow/Fan/Heat/Frost Rotom
-Black Kyurem, White Kyurem
-Therian Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus
-Mega Blaziken, Mega Mewtwo, Mega Absol...

I wonder which other legendary pokes will get mvs I'd like to see mega Rayquaza.

[private]Leaving this approved for now. Not very elaborated, but he makes an okay point to discuss (legendary Pokémon with Mega Evolutions). I did correct his spelling, it's not "requaza". *Drohn [/private]

Mewtwo was THE candidate for this thing.
-Mew makes perfect sense to follow it.

Most of the other legendaries are either too important (like mascots) and would therefore in case of getting new formes get PROPER formes (Origin-Palkia/Dialga, Beast-Suicune/Raikou/Entei, Hail-Kyogre/Sandstorm-Groudon, you get the idea..).
Or already have some kind of forms (Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin, Kyurem, Kami, Keldeo, Meloetta...)

Mega evolutions I could see for any of those random one-off post-game/extra/event legends like:
Heatran,Latios/Latias,Regigigas,Genesect (although they would have showcased that in the movie instead of having a shiny one..)

I wouldn't add the cutesy-event ones like Jirachi/Celebi/Manaphy/Victini, because if Shaymin is any indication, those would probably get "proper" forms like Skymin too.

So from my analysis the realistic options boil down to:
-Mega L@tios
-Mega Heatran
-Mega Regigigas

Bogleech said:
PARASECT - pure grass type. The fungus has finally taken over and replaced the bug. Not sure how it could look, but with fewer weaknesses it'd be a great boost to one of my favorite pokemon, and they could up its defensive stats while they're at it.

Wouldn't Grass/Ghost also fit? It could be like the fungus has destroyed all life in the bug and it's an empty shell that the fungus possess.
Grass/Poison would also be a viable type, but Grass/Ghost is a lot more interesting.

J.D. said:
P.DelSlayer said:
It wouldn't.

Pretty sure it's been confirmed that they stay in their Mega Forms until the battle has concluded, not when they've swapped out.

That said, even if Mega Charizard got retyped Fire/Dragon like many hope, it'd still be weak to Stealth Rocks. Unless its Stealth Rock weakness was neutralized, and all its stats got a serious raise, it's hard to see how even a Mega Evo would make Charizard a serious contender (by which I mean, put it in the standard tiers).

That's nice to know. (about the Mega form staying after switching out)

There are only a few ways the SR weakness could be neutralized with 'Zard, and I think that none of them are very viable :/
Magic Guard would protect it from SR, but that ability has no relation to Charizard whatsoever.
typings:
Fire/Steel - seems quite unlikely that a fire dragon could become part steel
Fire/Fighting - not really sure how they'd make Charizard part fighting
Fire/Ground - this is probably the most unlikely of them all

not to mention, any of these typings could open up a whole new can of problems for 'Zard.
Fire/Steel - it loses the handy EQ immunity for a 4x weakness and gains a Fighting weakness, plus Heatran would probably be more of a better option (depending on stats)
Fire/Fighting - well, this is probably one of the best dual typings it could get, although it would probably still be left in favor of Mega Blaziken and a hypothetical Mega Infernape
Fire/Ground - not the best defensive typing, 4x weak to water (Politoed would prove even more problematic for poor old 'Zard)

The only typings that it could logically become would be Fire/Dragon or just keep Fire/Flying.

The only real way it could deal with SR would be for a Fire ability equiviliant of Magic Guard to be introduced, and then for it to be given to Zard's Mega Form.

A couple more ideas on Mega Pokemon:
-Sableye should logically get one considering Mawile has one and they are considered counterparts (same location, version exclusives, basics that don't evolve, then there's thing with their typings = Mawile has the type that has weaknesses, but resists a lot, whereas Sableye has no weaknesses but not that much resistances)

-Camerupt/Sharpedo - these are cool Pokemon that need a bit more recognition (and lets not forget that Camerupt/Sharpedo - main Pokemon of Maxie/Archie - Aqua/Magma - Hoenn = GEN 3 REMAKEZ CONFURMED!!!!111!eleven)

-Mightyena - cool design, unfortunately doesn't have the best stats

P.DelSlayer said:
There could be a game where you normally obtain Blazikenite. Where does Blaziken come from? Hoenn. I'm not saying anything, but this is like the first possible pointer towards a possible Hoenn remake.

Then they would hand out Infernapenite now or something...not exactly the one thats gonna be distributed normally later.

Hoenn remakes - probability for literally anything else
0:1

if it were to mean anything that is.

P.DelSlayer said:
There could be a game where you normally obtain Blazikenite. Where does Blaziken come from? Hoenn. I'm not saying anything, but this is like the first possible pointer towards a possible Hoenn remake.

Maybe a G1, G2, G3, and G4 remake as well. I mean where did Mewtwo [Kangaskhan], Ampharos, and Lucario come from? Lol
I'll tell you, fan favorites.

Back