XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: Mega-Evolved Pokémon: What do you think of the revealed Pokémon and what would you like to see?

Reggie McGigas said:
Geomancer said:
I hope that this list from AAPF (All About Pokemon Figure, a Pokemon merchandise blog) posted about Pokemon names trademarked in 2012 turns out to be true. So far, several of the Pokemon on the list have turned out to have mega forms, and at this point it only makes sense that the rest of these Pokemon will mega evolve, too.

Some of this list corresponds with that fake image that's been floating around of supposed mega evolutions, and that list was probably inspired by this one. This IS a legitimate list of Pokemon who's names were trademarked in 2012.

It is obviously not a complete list, as Venusaur, Blaziken, and Mawile aren't included, but I think there's a pretty good chance that all of these Pokemon will end up mega evolving. What other reason would there be to trademark them?

As for already revealed mega evolutions, I LOVE mega Absol. I can't wait to use it in battle. Mega Blaziken and Lucario are cool as hell, and I like mega Mawile too. I could take or leave mega Kangaskhan, but I really don't care for the mega Kanto starters, mega Mewtwo or mega Ampharos. Overall, I really like the whole concept of Mega Evolution, and if I dislike a certain design, it really doesn;t effect anything in the long run because the Pokemon reverts back to it's normal form after the battle. Mega evolution seems like it will be a really fun mechanic.

I believe that that list was fake, as Mega Venasaur, Blaziken, Mawile, and Pokemon from Gens 4 and 5 are not on the list. They would have revealed the entire list right away, no?

Wasn't that just recently trademarked names tho?

RE: Mega-Evolved Pokémon: What do you think of the revealed Pokémon and what would you like to see?

Really? I'm pretty sure only Mewtwo and Lucario are OP... Blaziken and Venusaur could be counted, but only with their Dream World abilities... the rest were underpowered to my knowledge...

"Underpowered" pokemon would be pokemon like Beedrill, Dunsparce and Torkoal. Every single fully-evolved starter is already a strong pokemon..it's not "underpowered" just because it's "outclassed" by more popular choices.

MuhFugginMoose said:
Cinesra said:
Charizard has Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast, two moves Volcarona would love to have. The only half decent special moves Volcarona gets that aren't Fire or Bug type are Hurricane and Solarbeam, which don't belong outside of specific weathers.

Let's not forget Flame body and again, quiver dance, Better defenses, better special attack. And if in the corresponding weather AMAZING attacks to exemplify its Sp Atk. Heh, there's a reason Volcarona is OU and Charizard isn't. If you want Charizard to hit as powerfully as it can, it also is dependent on weather. However, Volc doesn't need that to hit like a truck. Get at least a quiver dance, And you're set.

I don't need you to explain Volcarona to me. I specifically replied to his false statement about Volcarona having a better movepool and specifically only mentioned how that was wrong and that Charizard's movepool is better.

mega charizard said:
That depends on if they decide to leave it in the kalos region. They may also decide to give a pokemon an evo scrap, and scrap it's current mega in favor of mega evolving the new evo.
That seems highly unlikely... I mean, what's the point of creating a Mega Evo, then discarding it from canon just so the Pokemon in question can evolve normally, then Mega Evolve again into an entirely different form?

Unless they make a way to permanently Mega Evolve a Pokemon (which seems unlikely, considering the rules surrounding Mega Evolution), the Mega Forms are likely the closest some Pokemon will ever get to a true evolution...

J.D. said:
mega charizard said:
That depends on if they decide to leave it in the kalos region. They may also decide to give a pokemon an evo scrap, and scrap it's current mega in favor of mega evolving the new evo.
That seems highly unlikely... I mean, what's the point of creating a Mega Evo, then discarding it from canon just so the Pokemon in question can evolve normally, then Mega Evolve again into an entirely different form?

Unless they make a way to permanently Mega Evolve a Pokemon (which seems unlikely, considering the rules surrounding Mega Evolution), the Mega Forms are likely the closest some Pokemon will ever get to a true evolution...

Which completely sucks for absol and mawile. Not to metion some we don't know about yet.

MegaGarchomp seems like it'd be even more OP than it already is, the only thing that would even have a chance at countering it would be a Fairy/Flying type (maybe Togekiss if it gets that type), and even then you still have Sand Force boosted Rock and Steel type moves to worry about.

So far, starters, legendaries, pseudos, OP Pokemon, and generic Pokemon have gotten mega evos. I wonder if event Pokemon will be able to mega evolve?

TheRoyalXerneas said:
So far, starters, legendaries, pseudos, OP Pokemon, and generic Pokemon have gotten mega evos. I wonder if event Pokemon will be able to mega evolve?

Event legendaries are no less capable of receiving Mega Evolutions than regular legendaries, so I don't see why they won't. We probably won't hear about any Mega event Pokemon until they're actually distributed, though.

Bolt the Cat said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Event legendaries are no less capable of receiving Mega Evolutions than regular legendaries, so I don't see why they won't. We probably won't hear about any Mega event Pokemon until they're actually distributed, though.

Hopefully, I felt like they wouldn't touch the event Pokemon because of the secrecy GF has put on them. But it looks like they're is no restraints to who gets a mega and who doesn't. I would love to see a Mega Darkrai and Mega Arceus though ^_^.

Bolt the Cat said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

That makes sense, why reveal something that they plan on distributing later.

I like a lot of the designs for Mega Evolutions, but I really hope that this entire feature is optional considering some of the Pokemon that have gotten them were already pretty powerful to begin with. As in, I hope there won't be mandatory NPC battles where we'll have to fight someone that uses them.

Even though I dont use legendaries, or care for them in general, I personally think Kyurem needs a Mega that turns it into the complete dragon it was before it split. The Mega could just be pure Dragon, since it wouldnt make much sense having it be Ice, Fire, Electric since that seems to be a sub typing that was caused due to it splitting AFAIK- Ice being a cold husk, Electric being shocking ideals and Fire being the burning truth. All speculation of course, but Id like to see what a complete Unovan dragon would look like.

what we need is MEGA DUNSPARCE!
mega_dunsparce_by_dragonith-d6ieig6.png
[private]Cool, admittedly, but a picture by itself is not elaboration.
~Frezgle[/private]
[private]In this case it's fine. As long as the thread doesn't become a picture book there is no need to intervene. If too many people start posting only pictures we can make a post and tell members to get the discussion back on track rather than only posting pictures. Large pictures should be in spoiler tags, however, so I added one. *Drohn[/private]

I just had an epiphany. Given that they gave the most beloved, the old school/mascot, Pokemon Mega Evolutions, it makes you wonder..

What Pokemon is the even bigger mascot?

That's right. Mega Pikachu. You heard it hear first folks! :p

Edit: Upon Googling, it seems that many others have thought of this and have made fan-arts. Here are a choice few:
mega_pikachu_by_elyas11-d6i3i5q.jpg

mega_pikachu_by_marix20-d6hrlsg.png

mega_pikachu__kuro_s_version_by_kuro_dachi-d6l03je.png

hqdefault.jpg

Sheriff_K said:
I just had an epiphany. Given that they gave the most beloved, the old school/mascot, Pokemon Mega Evolutions, it makes you wonder..

Edit: Upon Googling, it seems that many others have thought of this and have made fan-arts. Here are a choice few:

hqdefault.jpg

It would end up being mega raichu with pikachu characteristics so far unless they want fans to still hope for a mawile evolution.

Sheriff_K said:

hqdefault.jpg

The way I see it, there's no way an unevolved Pokemon is getting a Mega Evo... even one as popular as Pikachu. It's gonna be either Mega Raichu, or nothing...

J.D. said:
Sheriff_K said:

hqdefault.jpg

The way I see it, there's no way an unevolved Pokemon is getting a Mega Evo... even one as popular as Pikachu. It's gonna be either Mega Raichu, or nothing...

I wouldn't throw that out the window any time soon.

I mean, one could have said the same before gen 2 if someone suggested alt.evos. Sorta..

I can very well see there being Mega evolutions for NFE pokemon.
Just as I can see Pokemon with Mega evolutions get a regular evolution sometime later.

Mawile and Sableye for example. Getting Mega evolutions might seem like a nail in the coffin for them getting evos, but this might not be the case.

If they gave them proper evos too, it would create an interesting choice. Evolve them or keep them unevolved to tap into a secret potential.

The only thing similar they've done yet I can think of is stuff like the Light Ball and Eviolite.
Both items meant for use with NFE pokemon, so clearly gamefreak acknowledges that someone might wanna play serious with such pokemon.

There is still hope.
We have to see exactly who gets mega evolutions in gen 6 to see whether its still likely or not.

J.D. said:
Sheriff_K said:

hqdefault.jpg

That was the second part of my prediction though, Mega Evolutions not being limited to final evolutions.

Sort of like using an Eviolite, or having a branching evolution, you'd also have the option to keep them un-evolved to make use of the Mega Evolution. I think it would be really interesting and cool.

Am I the only one who thinks the form change for Giratina should be removed and the 3 should get mega forms?
Dialga with a wolf
Palkia with a bird
Giratina with a snake (updated, more threatening version of the original Origin Form look)

FloodBadge said:
Am I the only one who thinks the form change for Giratina should be removed and the 3 should get mega forms?
Dialga with a wolf
Palkia with a bird
Giratina with a snake (updated, more threatening version of the original Origin Form look)

Nice idea, I'd love to see these implemented, but I doubt that Origin Forme for Giratina would be taken away, for consistency reasons (in one generation a Pokemon's forme is a version mascot, but in another the forme doesn't exist?).
It may just be easier to give Dialga/Palkia their own Origin formes, but I do like the idea of them having Mega forms.

I also expect all the Psuedo legends to get Megas, since it would be fairer if it wasn't just Garchomp that got one.

Back