Most Overrated Card?

Uxie is at least better than 'Let Loose' Giratina

Luxray GL Lv.X is by no means very overrated. Perhaps a little bit, but the Gust of Wind in combination with fast damage output makes it excellent. Spray? I've got a PokéTurn, so it's only a card for a card.

I personally think Azelf LA is a pain. It's sometimes useful, but it's so cumbersome so many times. I often wonder if it helps more that it hurts.

Luxray can't be overrated if it's really good lol.

Personally, I think Expert Belt is overrated. Giving up two Prizes sometimes just isn't feasible. Granted in the right situations and decks, but certain situations it's just dumb and can cost/win matches unfavorably.

dmaster out.

Azelf LA won me games, but that's because I always tech in 1 Psychic Energy for it.
Personally I don't really like Pokemon Communication. Unless you get an early Collector, odds for having 'spare' Pokemon in hand are not too good. If you play a ditchable card like Sableye or Magikarp, then it's worth it of course, but unless you play 4 Collector, I wouldn't count on it.

kashmaster said:
Your wrong. It is underrated, not overrated. It is so good and quick. Also if it was overrated why would it actually be doing good at nats?
If it was underrated, not too many people would be using it. -_-

the most over rated card IMO was and still is Crobat Prime. even though we knew it was a fail when it came out. it became the talk of the league so to speak. i faced a bat prime deck and over smoked it because of the main foucs of poison. he was trying to poison me every time but i kept retreating or zappped with with luxray.

Dragonzong said:
the most over rated card IMO was and still is Crobat Prime. even though we knew it was a fail when it came out. it became the talk of the league so to speak. i faced a bat prime deck and over smoked it because of the main foucs of poison. he was trying to poison me every time but i kept retreating or zappped with with luxray.
[/quote/]

Well he should have had like 2 Dugtrio on the bench so that when you retreat you get 40 damage. I use Crobat with Drapion Lv.x and it works really well. Crobat just needs some support pokemon to be really good. =D

Typhlosionwolf said:
Dragonzong said:
[/quote/]

Well he should have had like 2 Dugtrio on the bench so that when you retreat you get 40 damage. I use Crobat with Drapion Lv.x and it works really well. Crobat just needs some support pokemon to be really good. =D

Still it can be shut down by Toxicroak G PL and Unown G.

I think Crobat Prime is overrated. 40 for 1 is not really that good. Too many ways to counter it.

But then again I really haven't payed attention to TCG lately so what would I know.

Luxray GL lv.X. It never made sense to me. 60 damage for 2, and 30 to the bench? Bleh. Bright Look is good, but not good enough, IMO.

Sabeleye isn't overrated, it's just a good card. Most decks run them because of the great set-up power, and the donk attack.

Donphan Prime, IMO, was very overrated. 60 for 1 energy made everyone go nuts. I still love Donphan, but the hype was over-whelming, considering the card.

Lou Cypher said:
Everyone who says "Enter Staple/GOOD card Here" is bad/overrated doesnt have the card. Fact.

I totally agree! I know a couple if people that thought they were never going to get a luxray gl lvx because if the price, so they hid their jealousy of others who have it behind a wall of "luxray is overratted" statements. Those people later got a luxray lvx and now say it is the best card in the format.

sturtle said:
Luxray GL lv.X. It never made sense to me. 60 damage for 2, and 30 to the bench? Bleh. Bright Look is good, but not good enough, IMO.

Sabeleye isn't overrated, it's just a good card. Most decks run them because of the great set-up power, and the donk attack.

Donphan Prime, IMO, was very overrated. 60 for 1 energy made everyone go nuts. I still love Donphan, but the hype was over-whelming, considering the card.
Sorry to be annoying, but what does IMO mean?

Anyways, I think that Crobat Prime is a bit overrated. There are many ways you can counter it.

sturtle said:

Let's put it this way, change Bright Looks name to "Free Prize Card" that is why it is so good.

claydol...it's not as great as everyone say's, and besides I pwn just fine without it. cya

varit said:
claydol...it's not as great as everyone say's, and besides I pwn just fine without it. cya

Ok, you are playing an SP or Gyarados deck, as all other decks use Claydol.

Just because some-one doesn't like claydol doesn't mean they run a certain deck, this is what i mean about lazy deck builders you 'can't' run a 'good' evo 'without claydol' well i'm doing fine and have been since LA (note before either deck you mentioned)

P.S. you forgot Scizor

Lou Cypher said:
Everyone who says "Enter Staple/GOOD card Here" is bad/overrated doesnt have the card. Fact.

Pretty much. You could say that Luxrau is overpriced, but it is in no way overrated. It is just about the centerpiece of the format. And to those saying Claydol is overrated, that's like saying Rosy's or Cyrus's is overrated.

Pokefan4000 said:
Kingdra Prime.
Oooh, free 10 damage each turn. I'd like to deal 30 damage now with my Crobat Gs and Pokéturn instead of doing 10 damage for 3 turns.

I think it top 4ed at US nationals Masters. I guess its still overrated right? :p

Back