Need a Good Deck for Austrian Nationals.

You don't need virbank. A lot of decks will play it for you and this way you don't waste the space and can control the stadium war. Against Keldeo it's just a stadium war as usual. You could always tech a Shaymin EX and two prism energy along with computer search if you feel that you have a bad match up or that Keldeo will have a strong presence.

I wouldn't run both but to each his own. If you did then I would make it a 2-1 Aspertia, Virbank split.

That being said I think the decks strength will drop once Plasma Freeze comes out because Deoxys and Thundurus can accelerate and use HTL more effectively.

bagoly14 said:
You don't need virbank. A lot of decks will play it for you and this way you don't waste the space and can control the stadium war. Against Keldeo it's just a stadium war as usual. You could always tech a Shaymin EX and two prism energy along with computer search if you feel that you have a bad match up or that Keldeo will have a strong presence.

I wouldn't run both but to each his own. If you did then I would make it a 2-1 Aspertia, Virbank split.

That being said I think the decks strength will drop once Plasma Freeze comes out because Deoxys and Thundurus can accelerate and use HTL more effectively.

A lot =/= all decks

You still need to play Virbank, even at two at least.

I disagree. The point of this deck is to tank with energy rotation, it is not centered around HTL. HTL just helps it be better. Like I said, 2 Aspertia and 1 Virbank is what I would use.

jwalquis0388 said:
I agree, I like the fact you don't rely on Laser to do everything for you... good job.

Haha thanks. I wish the current format had more variety, I find it boring to play mirror matches nonstop.

You're talking about a completely different deck than THE "Big Basics". Though I guess Big Basics can apply to most decks.

grantm1999 said:
You're talking about a completely different deck than THE "Big Basics". Though I guess Big Basics can apply to most decks.

Yes, the deck I mentioned is not big basics. It is Landorus EX/Tornadus EX/Mewtwo EX/Tornadus EPO/Bouffalant

I guess you could call it the "Triple Double" haha

jwalquis0388 said:
Maybe the format will be more various when the next three sets come out.

I hope so, I'm sick of big basics. I mean Garchomp and Garbodor were playable at the start of the season and now they won't work because big basics just come in and do 60+ dmg starting turn one with HTL.

Also, keep in mind that a very successful variant to the big basics deck incldes Garbodor. These decks (LMTG, LMG, etc.) have also done very well since the States' tournaments.

jwalquis0388 said:
Maybe the format will be more various when the next three sets come out.

Keyword: Maybe

Reality: It won't. Face it, format is geared towards beatdown and it's going to stay that way.

TuxedoBlack said:
Also, keep in mind that a very successful variant to the big basics deck incldes Garbodor. These decks (LMTG, LMG, etc.) have also done very well since the States' tournaments.

That's true but that is just thanks to big basics. You can't run Garbodor with anything but big basics, and big basics w/o garb > big basics w garb if they face each other. I also feel that my Garbodor games are very hit or miss, I either win by a landslide or can't get things going - at least with straight big basics I can be competitive almost every single game.

Garbodor will be around until the end of this format I think, but I don't see it advancing far into Worlds, it's just not consistent enough because if you don't get the early ability lock then every deck will stomp you.

Given the success the LMTG players have had, I don't think consistency is an issue at all. And I certainly believe the deck will be played at Worlds - it will still be a Tier 1, very competitive deck; because it's still solid and there will also be other decks relying upon Abilities.

TuxedoBlack said:
Given the success the LMTG players have had, I don't think consistency is an issue at all. And I certainly believe the deck will be played at Worlds - it will still be a Tier 1, very competitive deck; because it's still solid and there will also be other decks relying upon Abilities.

Tier 1, really? I somehow don't seeing Garbodor being Tier 1, but hey, I am not super in the loop.

bagoly14 said:
TuxedoBlack said:

Tier 1, really? I somehow don't seeing Garbodor being Tier 1, but hey, I am not super in the loop.
Yes, Tier 1 - many players thoughts so prior to States and seems quite logical to me that it retains that status given past tournaments' (States and Regionals) success. Presumably top Plasma Freeze decks will still rely upon Abilities; so, I expect LMTG to still be a major competitive deck..

Time will tell though...

Landorus/Garbodor will still remain a deck, but not with Tornadus and Mewtwo. You need Cobalion EX in order to deal with opposing Kyurems. And since that tkaes Blend or Prism, you can also use Thundurus EX/Plasma Badge for some great synergy with Land's Judgement. Mewtwo gets wrecked by Deoxys, and Tornadus by Thundurus, so those two aren't really good options anymore.

Puff-Sun said:
Landorus/Garbodor will still remain a deck, but not with Tornadus and Mewtwo. You need Cobalion EX in order to deal with opposing Kyurems. And since that tkaes Blend or Prism, you can also use Thundurus EX/Plasma Badge for some great synergy with Land's Judgement. Mewtwo gets wrecked by Deoxys, and Tornadus by Thundurus, so those two aren't really good options anymore.
IMHO, Landorus EX-Garbodor will not be enough, especially against Blastoise-Keldeo EX. Mewtwo EX (which is also a threat to the bench-warming Deoxsys EXs) will more than likely remain in the deck. And Landos counter Thundur EXs.

This will be an interesting match-up. I look forward to some fun playtesting this weekend.

Back