TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Rest in Peace 7/16/13

The title probably makes it look like their deaths were recent, but they actually died a while back. I think I requested the artwork soon after Tiny had died last year. I can't even remember what year it was that Pan died. They both died too young, though. I hate bladder stones. :(

Thanks!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Sadistic Monster 7/20/13

UPDATE: Sadistic Monster

hama_chan_s_hitmonchan_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d6ea02z.png

Translation:
Hama-chan's Hitmonchan LV.33 60 HP {F}

Punch Pokémon. Length: 1.4 meters, Weight, 50.2 kilograms

{F} Chirp Chirp Punch
You must mumble "This can't be right, can it?" 3 times in order to use this attack. Both players' Battle Pokémon are now afflicted with Confusion.

{C}{C} Double Hit, 20 damage
You must mumble "Is this really okay?" 3 times in order to use this attack.

Weakness: {P}, Resistance: None, Retreat: 1

This sadistic Pokémon has been trained to question its actions.

Illustrated by Alex "KKN" Bowen, No.107

KKN extra card: July spoof submission

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Sadistic Monster 7/20/13

Nod3 said:
Who's Hama-chan?

Masatoshi Hamada. He was the Japanese voice actor of Slowking in the second movie. He is infamously known for his violent nature and lack of drawing skills, as evidenced by the official Hama-chan's Slowking card (the second attack is called "Raging Strike").

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Fanning a bald cat with a magnet 9/19/13

UPDATE: I haven't faked in sooo long!

Fan Rotom
fan_rotom_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d6fdnlx.png

A card I made for a contest on another website a couple months ago. I know it isn't a reprint of a classic card, but I love how the gold borders look.

Mew
mew_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d6movds.png

My entry for this month's Create-A-Card Contest.

Magnemite
magnemite_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d6mxbt4.png

I don't really care much for this artwork, but it's one of the few of mine that I hadn't used on a fake before. Also, I know the effects might be a bit elaborate for a Magnemite, but Magnemite has been a special Pokémon to me for years, so why not?

Digging those cards, minor thing, the BASIC text on Rotom-F should not be in that gold colour.

Beautiful cards as always. I love your logo on the bottom left corner on Magnemite...a very nice touch!

Blui said:
Digging those cards, minor thing, the BASIC text on Rotom-F should not be in that gold colour.
I believe he's trying to make it look like the reprint/"retro" cards that were secret rares in Stormfront through Supreme Victors. All of them feature gold accents as a throwback of sorts to the earliest sets.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Magneton 9/20/13

Blui said:

If you zoom in close to a scan of a "Retro" card, the Stage text is indeed dark gold, though not as dark as mine.

CMP said:
Beautiful cards as always. I love your logo on the bottom left corner on Magnemite...a very nice touch!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I was inspired by Zeo's Electric Soldier Porygon, which feature's Team Hoax's logo in place of the e-Reader logo.

---

UPDATE: I didn't really like the Magnemite artwork, so I modified it to make Magneton. I left the attacks the same, other than powering them up a bit. I personally like it a lot more than the Magnemite card.

magneton_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d6n3uom.png

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Magneton 9/20/13

Those are so cool! I love the art on the Magneton.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: This Gengar is Too Cute! 10/2/13

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Much better than my older Magnemite that I modified to make it. The weird highlights actually make some sense, now! Far from perfect, but better.

---

UPDATE: I still haven't drawn anything new, so I made a card with one of my older doodles...

fake_card__this_gengar_is_too_cute___clearer_ver___by_karite_kita_neko-d6oycq2.png

fake_card__this_gengar_is_too_cute__by_karite_kita_neko-d6ou7vp.jpg

That has to be the cutest Gengar I've ever seen <3 Love it!

Thanks!

I actually didn't intend for Shadow counters to require a coin flip, so here's the updated card:

fake_card__this_gengar_is_too_cute___clearer_ver___by_karite_kita_neko-d6oycq2.png

I won't be updating the "scanned" version, though.

EDIT: Remade the Energy/type icons to look more official and fixed the alignment.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: A new, plain Dunsparce 10/8/13

UPDATE: It's been a while since I've made a simple card, so here's a plain ol' Dunsparce...

fake_dunsparce_card__october__13__by_karite_kita_neko-d6pmz8m.png

EDIT: Aaand... a better attempt at using my old Nidoqueen artwork!

fake_card__alex_s_nidoqueen_by_karite_kita_neko-d6pqp9o.png

(I know there are better blanks out there, but I felt like using nick15's old ones.)

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Rhino, Dinosaur, or Porcupine? 10/8/13

That Nidoqueen artwork really suits the card! And that Dunsparce is cute :p

I really like how on Dunsparce, the background pattern is made up of mini Dunsparce.

Nice work!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Rhino, Dinosaur, or Porcupine? 10/8/13

Arcticwhite said:
That Nidoqueen artwork really suits the card! And that Dunsparce is cute :p

I really like how on Dunsparce, the background pattern is made up of mini Dunsparce.

Nice work!

Thanks! I thought it did. :)

I thought about a few different things at first, but nothing seemed to look right. Stars, circles... I finally settled on Mini-Sparce.

---

UPDATE: No new Pokémn cards (so sad!), but here are some Yu-Gi-Oh! cards that I made with my classic Japanese/Asian-English blanks. As usual, I used my own artwork on all of these.

"A mysterious green light that brings peace to the battlefield. This card cannot be negated or destroyed." This card was meant to be overpowered and was stylized similar to the Japanese anime versions of the God Cards (no flavor/effect boxes).

A "Toon" version of my snow leopard OC. I've been wanting to make some kind of card with this forever, but I only now managed to make a fitting background for it. It's no surprise that the English cards have an expanded flavor/effect box... I doubt one could even read this card's effect when scaled to actual-size.

For those of you unfamiliar with Asian-English cards, this IS the right font. Unlike English cards, Asian-English cards don't use Matrix II. Click the cards for print-resolution images.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: It's Time to D-D-D-D-DDDDDuel! 11/6/13

Never played YGO!, but the cards still look great! Wish I could give you more input, but alas...

RE: Neko's Random Cards: It's Time to D-D-D-D-DDDDDuel! 11/6/13

Thanks! And I understand. I usually don't get much feedback on my YGO fakes on Pokémon-based forums.

- - -

UPDATE: With Thanksgiving drawing closer and closer, what's a feast without mashed potatoes?

japanese_mashpot__potetogu__fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d6u19o6.png

As usual, I used Google translate for the Japanese text, so it isn't perfect. Here's roughly what it's supposed to translate to (I'll use English phrases so it's easier to understand):
Stage 2 - Evolves from Bakedater - Put Mashpot on the Stage 1 card.

Mashpot Lv.42 - 90 HP

Sticky Pokémon. Height: 0' 8", Weight: 6 lbs.

Pokémon Power: Adhesive
As long as Mashpot is your Active Pokémon, draw 2 cards instead of 1 at the
beginning of each turn. This power stops working if Mashpot is Asleep, Confused,
or Paralyzed.

{G}{R}{C} - Food Throw - 40+
If Mashpot has a Pokémon Tool card attached to it, you may discard it. If you do,
this attack does 40 damage plus 40 more damage.

Weakness: {M}, Resistance: {D} -30, Retreat Cost: {C}{C}

"It launches magical attacks with its spoon-like wand. It secretes a sticky liquid."

Illus. Alex "KKN" Bowen - (This card cannot be used) - No. ???

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Mashed Potatoes for Everyone! 11/12/13

Potato Goo? Is this from X/Y or original? (I'm not familiar with the new games.)
Anyway, the PokePower is really interesting, and that artwork is... (I don't know that many words for 'nice') cute? pretty? Nice as a whole.
Keep it up :D

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Mashed Potatoes for Everyone! 11/12/13

Nah, it's not from X/Y. Just something I made up a few years ago.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the art. I thought it would work nice on a Neo blank. :)

I would make cards of the prior forms, but I honestly don't care enough for them to bother. This is my favorite member of the evolution line.

Back