TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Just Lil' Ol' Me 6/17/13

Isn't it? *sparkly eyes*

---

UPDATE: Just lil' ol' me...

alex_nyan__fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d69h47p.png

No, I haven't forgotten about the e-card set I planned on making. I just haven't managed to make any artwork for it yet...

RE: Neko's Random Cards: The World's Rarest Slowpoke 6/19/13

UPDATE: Behold the world's rarest Slowpoke! Nah, it's just me acting like one. :p

alexpoke_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d69okip.png

Imakuni wanted to be a Pokémon card, but you outplayed him! Love your creativity as usual.

You should totally make an Alex set or another Super-Cute Shining card. They all look awesome!

Delta Nite said:
Imakuni wanted to be a Pokémon card, but you outplayed him! Love your creativity as usual.

I actually tried to make it a Trainer card first, but it didn't seem to look right on the template. Then again, it was a ripped template, so it may have just been the graininess (compared to the flat, clean artwork) that was throwing it off. I don't know why I didn't try using one of my scratch Trainer blanks... but I thought it looked pretty nice on a Water blank. I really wanted to make it Psychic-type and submit it to this month's CAC, but it looked terrible on a Psychic blank. I even tried modifying the blank for dual types, but it didn't look good either.

Thanks!

Delta said:
You should totally make an Alex set or another Super-Cute Shining card. They all look awesome!

I doubt I'll make an entire Alex set, but I'll probably still make promos or secret rares here and there. Alex in a Shiny Dunsparce costume, anyone? I'll consider making another Super-Cute Shining card if I make anymore super-cute artwork.

Thanks!

I love the English text on Japanese blanks!

Great theme/Pokédex description -- I'm horrible about putting things off, too...

Plot twist: This card has been a WIP for at least five years

CMP said:
I love the English text on Japanese blanks!

Great theme/Pokédex description -- I'm horrible about putting things off, too...

I really like how cards with English text on Japanese blanks look. I guess Pokémon Zeo started it.

Thanks!

PMJ said:
Plot twist: This card has been a WIP for at least five years

How did you know? lol

---

UPDATE: Here's an actual Japanese version of the card.

alexpoke_fake_card__japanese__by_karite_kita_neko-d69s1pw.png

Now do it again in English Neo style! Without using your hands! Wearing a blindfold!
I love this Japanese version even more than the original. Also really wanted to see mister Shiny DunsBowen.

I've actually thought about remaking it in English Neo-style. Not with a blindfold and without hands, though. That might be a bit difficult. XD

I don't know... I'm not too keen on the Japanese version myself. Something about it doesn't sit right with me. However, I did remake it as a Psychic-type and it seems to look better. It looked terrible with English text on the Psychic blank, but Japanese text looks fine. No idea why...

alexpoke_fake_card__japanese__by_karite_kita_neko-d69s1pw.png

Aha! I like that. That should be my name. Alexpoke Dunsbowen. LOL

Delta Nite said:
Now do it again in English Neo style!

Here you go! I included both types. I still think I prefer the Water-type with the English text and the Psychic-type with Japanese text.

Alexpoke_neo_wat_zps5b8314ed.png
Alexpoke_neo_psy_zps457caced.png

I also updated the Japanese Psychic-type (see previous post).

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Alexpoke Printed 7/8/13

UPDATE: You guys are probably getting tired of this dude.

alexpoke_print_small_zpsd3c20715.jpg

I wanted to make it non-holo like most older Japanese promos, but I would've needed some glossy paper for it to turn out nice. The only spare foils I had laying around were a refractor foil Illumise and an alternate-holo Hidden Legends Seedot. I figured the Hidden Legends alternate foil would look better, so I humanely put down Seedot with acetone and a cloth. The pattern actually ended up looking a little plain on the card and it was hard to see the image in front of it, so I added a sparkly laminate sheet in-between. This gave the foil a slightly-milky look and added more detail, which made the pattern look cooler plus made it easier to see the image. It doesn't exactly look official, but I think it turned out neat. It sort of reminds me of those foil sticker cards from the 90s.

I have no idea when I'll be able to make anymore fakes. It all depends on whenever I'm able to make some decent art.

That looks so cool! I really need to buy more printer ink, because I'd love to have one of my own cards printed with an added holo ;)

Salamencetrainer34 said:
How.... 5/5

How what? o_O

I'm glad you like it!

Arcticwhite said:
That looks so cool! I really need to buy more printer ink, because I'd love to have one of my own cards printed with an added holo ;)

Thanks! :D

Please upload whenever you do! I'd love to see them.

---

UPDATE: Uncomfortable Sudowoodo... printed?
toploader_edit_attempt_2_by_karite_kita_neko-d6dlzlr.jpg

Nope, this one was just edited into a toploader to look like it was printed. See the July Create-A-Card Contest thread for the translation.

RE: Neko's Random Cards: Nervous Tree (Printed?) 7/15/13

The "printed" card turned out great! I hope the tips I gave helped.

Nekoban Ryo said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
How.... 5/5

How what? o_O

I'm glad you like it!

Arcticwhite said:

Thanks! :D

Please upload whenever you do! I'd love to see them.

---

UPDATE: Uncomfortable Sudowoodo... printed?
toploader_edit_attempt_2_by_karite_kita_neko-d6dlzlr.jpg

Nope, this one was just edited into a toploader to look like it was printed. See the July Create-A-Card Contest thread for the translation.

That's a neat card!

Do you have a tutorial on how to print out holographic cards?

CMP said:
The "printed" card turned out great! I hope the tips I gave helped.

Thanks! Your suggestions really did help. I did the opposite on a few layers since I used a dark background instead of a light one. I'll try a light background next time to see how it turns out.

Reggie McGigas said:
That's a neat card!

Do you have a tutorial on how to print out holographic cards?

Thanks!

Yes, I do have one! It's specifically made for Neo-style shining Pokémon, but you can modify or ignore some steps to make other kinds of holographic cards. Here's the link: http://karite-kita-neko.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Neo-style-Shining-Pokemon-Printed-Fakes-289535895

If you're making Non-Shining cards, NEVER soak your cards to extract the foil. The only thing soaking the foil adds are little bumps, which make the Shining effect more realistic. Use nail polish remover and a cloth for other kinds of holographic cards. This method wont work on some refractor foils.

I personally don't like using a stencil because the dots from the adhesive sometimes show up on the non-holo parts, especially if the adhesive's nozzle isn't thoroughly cleaned out. If you make the whole card holo, this is a lot less noticeable.

---

UPDATE: Rest in Peace

Pantan_card_zpsed306a78.png

Thanks to Hugo-H2P @deviantART for the artwork of my Fakemon, Pantan, which was based on my deceased cat, Pan, and looks a lot like his deceased son, Tiny. I miss those guys.

I'm not sure if the wording is right, but note that the term "Special Conditions" was used on Legendary Collection cards, which is why I made the year 2002.

Rest in peace? Are you the undertaker? (WWF Reference FTW)

I remember one time when you made a fake glitch with pantan for b/w, and I'm sorry for your loss. It sucks when a loved one dies.

Back on topic good card!

Back