TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Neo Redux...Redux?

They look really nice, CMP! The textures don't look as rough as before, and I noticed that you changed the Rock type symbol a bit?

NameBlank said:
They look really nice, CMP! The textures don't look as rough as before, and I noticed that you changed the Rock type symbol a bit?
Thanks, NameBlank! Yeah, each of the older blanks were individually made from card scans, and the custom types were edited from the official types -- in the beginning, it was pretty easy to tell which. Unfortunately, doing so had the adverse effect of having less-than-ideal clarity in some spots. At the time of their release (2010), they were some of the biggest blanks around, but times have changed, and so have the blanks!

The Rock-type symbol hasn't changed -- it just looks slightly different at a larger size. Of course, some changes may have inadvertently been created when I recreated the symbol for the new blanks, but any changes were unintentional.

Here's one requested by [member]Ice Espeon[/member] in the Skype chat...

Trubbish568.png

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // It's lean, green, and...weak?

Guess nobody liked Trubbish. Ah, well...

Caterpie010.png

I'm kind of doing these haphazardly. I'm tossing around a few ideas of how best to update the cards, and since most everyone knows the original 151, I was contemplating doing them in rough 'dex order or by their introduction in the anime. Of course, in order to finish up the Kalos and Mega 'mons I haven't done yet, I'll intersperse updates with new cards to keep things fresh.

Also, I was contemplating ditching the long-used "x/???" to go for an early Japanese-esque "No. x" to use as a set number. Thoughts?

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // It's lean, green, and...weak?

I think using NºX is way better than the regular card's method, especially for you, since you don't have a set limit for the set.

Also, did the regular Neo cards always have that border tension between the HP and the picture's frame?

professorlight said:
I think using NºX is way better than the regular card's method, especially for you, since you don't have a set limit for the set.

Also, did the regular Neo cards always have that border tension between the HP and the picture's frame?
Thanks for the input, prof!

And yes, at least on Basics. On evolution cards, the HP is a pixel or two higher.
proflightexplain.png

I definitely like the idea of going with the Pokémon number for the card number.

Alright, guys -- looks like I'll be using Pokémon numbers! Glad you all like the idea as much as me. It was something I wanted to do halfway through the set, but would've been awful to renumber 350+ cards.

And Athena -- I'm almost ready to send over a font guide if you'd still like it!

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Who's that Pokémon? [EP 1&2]

Who's that Pokémon?
7ncHEur.png

It's...
Pikachu025.png

Who's that Pokémon?
efkBp9q.png

It's...
Koffing109.png

Figured I go in rough episode order, especially since the Kanto Pokémon are my update priority right now.

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Who's that Pokémon? [EP 1-5]

Who's that Pokémon?
Ri8Z9Y4.png

It's...
Metapod011.png

CMP said:
And Athena -- I'm almost ready to send over a font guide if you'd still like it!

Definitely interested! :D I've been busy lately so I haven't had a chance to start playing around with the cards yet (I still haven't even done the art for CaC yet T_T), but that will be incredibly useful for when I do.

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Who's that Pokémon? [EP 1-5]

Alright! What size do you want it? Right now, I've optimized it for the release size (1000px wide).

RE: Neo Redux: Now the most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Who's that Pokémon? [EP 1-7]

Sorry, no "Who's That Pokémon?" today...just some updated cards (but yes, still in order)!

Clefairy035.png
Seel086.png

CMP said:
Alright! What size do you want it? Right now, I've optimized it for the release size (1000px wide).

So, I was originally planning on using the PSD file and then resizing for final card exports, but after doing a bit of playing around, I'm now planning on prepping/flattening the blank and then resizing it before adding pictures and text and such. It will be much better/easier that way, especially considering how long it takes my computer just to read the PSD and how slow it gets... >_>

So, yeah, 1000px should be fine just fine.

CMP said:
Sorry, no "Who's That Pokémon?" today...just some updated cards (but yes, still in order)!

Seel is broken. :<

Though, I must say, I do love in general just seeing all these "old" cards again. I've looked through them in the past, but it's awesome to see them again, and large and at their full glory, too. :D

RE: Neo Redux: The most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Path to the School of Hard Knocks

Thanks, Athena! Seel should be fixed now, and shoot me a PM of where I should send the font guide. =)

We've got two more cards today...

Sandshrew027.png
Cubone104.png

But since having two Ground-types in a single update is pretty boring, I've decided to throw in...

Who's that Pokémon?
9pWcjEE.png

It's...
Missingno000.png

RE: Neo Redux: The most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Path to the School of Hard Knocks

Missing No. makes me want a teal background Pokécard. It looks so pretty! >.>

For a moment I thought, why is the background so pixelated, then I realised it was most likely on purpose because of missingno's nature (not Nature, but just the normal word) :p

rev3rsor said:
For a moment I thought, why is the background so pixelated, then I realised it was most likely on purpose because of missingno's nature (not Nature, but just the normal word) :p
Haha yep, that's exactly why, rev!

Here's another update...
Bulbasaur001.png
Charmander004.png
Squirtle007.png
Krabby098.png

Yes, I will eventually update the first post with all of these new versions. I'm just trying to work out a logical manner in which to do so -- I'm always concerned about post limits, so I'm leery of any indicator to show what's been updated.

You guys probably know what's coming next!

RE: Neo Redux: The most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Here Comes the Hidden Stray Squad!

Nice, but why does Bulbasaur have Cubone's Pokédex information?

RE: Neo Redux: The most viewed thread on PokéBeach! // Here Comes the Hidden Stray Squad!

I'm imagining a Bulbasaur wearing Venusaur's skull, such a weird typo.

Back