TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

Nod3

her majesty
Based of Auride's findings, I could probably write something in javascript to do automatically it if you don't wanna wait a week, CMPer, all I'd need is the actual markup of the OP, so if you'd like, upload it to pastebin and I can do it for you.

Edit: Hell, I don't have to go that far either, my texteditor is capable of replace all.

Auride

Periodic Visitor
Nod3 said:
Based of Auride's findings, I could probably write something in javascript to do automatically it if you don't wanna wait a week, CMPer, all I'd need is the actual markup of the OP, so if you'd like, upload it to pastebin and I can do it for you.

Edit: Hell, I don't have to go that far either, my texteditor is capable of replace all.

Ah. If you can do it faster, that would likely be preferable.

As for the OP markup, you can see that by quoting the post (just click the reply button; you don't actually need to make a post ).

Nod3

her majesty
Auride said:
Nod3 said:

Ah. If you can do it faster, that would likely be preferable.

As for the OP markup, you can see that by quoting the post (just click the reply button; you don't actually need to make a post ).

I think your theory was wrong: http://images.wikia.com/neoredux/images/b/b7/Missingno.png

Anyway the script is almost finished.

Edit: appending ?purge works, though I don't trust it, and appending purge to the end of every single one is a little bit... ehhhhhhh...

Edit 2: You can fix the long links using ?purge as well, http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141022205705/neoredux/images/8/8d/Seel086.png?purge

This means that the replacer is finished as soon as i make the necessary changes for what to replace. I'll post the full list of links to CMP in a moment.

Auride

Periodic Visitor
Nod3 said:
I am uncertain that this will work, but here:

PART ONE 001 - 493 http://pastebin.com/0uunj8jk
PART TWO, THREE, FOUR 494 - 721, energy, and promos http://pastebin.com/G565EqCi

Do note that I tested some of the links without ?purge at the end, and they worked, but others didn't. This is a very strange issue.

Neither purge, not Auride's method worked.

http://images.wikia.nocookie.net/neoredux/images/b/b7/Missingno.png
My theory DOES work. You were just a bit hasty in reading it. You MUST use ".nocookie.net" instead of ".com".

Auride

Periodic Visitor
Luispipe8 said:
It still shows up as 200x280, though...

Strange... it appears as 471x659 on my end.
Could everyone else respond with which they see from my link this link? http://images.wikia.nocookie.net/neoredux/images/b/b7/Missingno.png

And just in case embedding it changes anything:
Missingno.png
Missingno.png

EDIT: Well now the large image link is appearing as small only after refreshing it a few time... This is a rather strange issue. Perhaps it's related to Wikia, or maybe it's cookie related. Or browser cache related.

In any case, a combination of ?purge and .nocookie.net seems to work. Let's try this again:

Missingno.png
Missingno.png

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
All of them look like the small version to me, too. I even tried adding the purge text manually before I saw your additions at the bottom and nothing seemed to work.

Auride

Periodic Visitor
This is rather disconcerting. While the Large Image without purge still looks small, both images with purge appear large.

If we are all seeing different things, then the best explanation I can think of is that there must be some difference between us. I think the first thing is going to be browser cache and cookies. The next would be browser.

Could anyone still seeing all the images as small post their browser, clear their cookies and cache, and then check again? If it fixes the problem, then there's a chance that, though the original source of the problem was caused by Wikia, it has since been fixed and the problem is only continuing on our end.

Even if that does fix it, it's still a rather poor solution because asking every single person who views this thread to clear their cookies and cache is a bit absurd. Perhaps there isn't a simple solution to this...

EDIT: Well I've just cleared my browser cache and cookies and... all four images are now small for me too. That indicates to me that the more likely explanation is that Wikia has in fact not fixed the problem, and the only reason that the images were appearing as larger was because I did happen to have the larger form cached. However this still raises a number of questions about why it was working with various fixes, suddenly stopped working with one of them, and at no point appeared to be working for anyone else.

On top of that, other images (like Bulbasaur still appear to be working with the same various fixes, despite their broken links still remaining broken.

All in all, I'm rather confused...

Nod3

her majesty
It's definitely not been fixed, since this is the first time I've loaded these images on this computer, ever.

I'm running Firefox 32.0.3

Auride

Periodic Visitor
Sampling the other images, I have yet to find a Pokemon besides MissingNo. for which adding .nocookie.net over .com doesn't work. Perhaps this is uniquely a problem with MissingNo.? Do you know of any other unfixable pokemon?

If it actually is the only one, then this whole issue could probably be fixed by re-uploading it, or otherwise just uploading it to a different, possibly more reliable service. I did notice in my survey that there are a few Pokemon on Photobucket instead of Wikia, which may not be a bad thing at this point (they are the only ones that have survived this whole ordeal, after all).

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
Auride said:
Sampling the other images, I have yet to find a Pokemon besides MissingNo. for which adding .nocookie.net over .com doesn't work. Perhaps this is uniquely a problem with MissingNo.? Do you know of any other unfixable pokemon?

If it actually is the only one, then this whole issue could probably be fixed by re-uploading it, or otherwise just uploading it to a different, possibly more reliable service. I did notice in my survey that there are a few Pokemon on Photobucket instead of Wikia, which may not be a bad thing at this point (they are the only ones that have survived this whole ordeal, after all).

How funny that MissingNo. is the one card that doesn't go as planned...

If you ever need more help with cards, CMP, just let me know! I see that you still have a few Kalos 'mons and Mega's to cover, so I'm open when you need me!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
None of the fixes have worked on my end. The only solution it seems, then, is the one that has caused me to consider abandoning the project; to go through the Wikia's image archive and pull the full URLs from each card.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Well, keep in mind that there are people here willing to help you go down that route. Just tell me what I can do, and I will! I don't want to see this go away. :<

Nod3

her majesty
We've already established that Auride's method doesn't work, but in the unlikely event that somebody discovers another method that requires mass replacement, I've uploaded the script to my site. It's not very functional, but that's what you get with 5 lines of code. The only difference between this version and the version I used is the inputs can be changed without opening the HTML file, and this one's stylesheet doesn't make your eyes bleed (both codewise, and in actual appearance), but that's about it.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Wow, PokéBeach has changed so much since I left. It's taken me about 10 minutes just to try and figure everything out.

But hey, let's do this...
hawlucha701_by_ilkcmp-d94og57.png

It's uninspired, but then again, the card is an Uncommon, it's fitting for the Pokémon, and that's all I had written in the Redux spoiler master list. Am I making excuses? Probably, but many returns are shaky at first.

If anyone would like to help re: updating the first page to the corrected image links, I'd love you forever.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I cannot like your post enough times, CMP, the software limits me to one. So glad to see that you're back and making cards again. <3

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
HES BACK!!!

I'm certainly available to help :3
I'd love that, man -- thank you!

I cannot like your post enough times, CMP, the software limits me to one. So glad to see that you're back and making cards again. <3
Ah, Athena, that means so much. I've missed you all -- it's good to be back. =) >3

Which Pokémon does everyone want to see next?