TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
See Neo Revelation Entei (6/64). That one appears to have the alignment I was describing.
Ah, I see. Thanks! I may keep Cosmog as-is for now, if only because the majority of the cards have the normal alignment. Plus, I wanna get started on more!

Great to see you're not dead @CMP!

Just wanted to say that you were a pretty significant inspiration for me to start faking. Your Neo Redux project contains a lot of really great stuff!
Thanks, man! It really means a lot. Always great to see some newer faces in the hobby!

I've checked your stuff out and I love it -- in fact, I'd be lying if I said seeing your fakes didn't help nudge me back into it!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
PANCAKES RETURN!

Looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with for this Gen.
I'm excited! I love a majority of the new guys (and sheesh, the Kalos monsters I haven't done, too), so I have some (hopefully) cool stuff up my sleeve.
YOU! *points*

Stop real lifing and leaving me for ages! :O
<3 Missed ya, asche! Faking > real life, anyhow!
Glad to see you back, CMP! And a really clean card as well.
Thanks, Reggie! Glad to see you're still around!

I do have a question for you guys...should I release the cards in a smaller size? I like having the large size, but I think releasing each of them so large might be a little much. I've already decided that when I remake the Arceus cards, I'll probably have to keep them in a similar size to the old blanks (due to older resources/art).

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Excellent, asche. Should we mutually decide on a size? That way it can keep things consistent across the board?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I don't really see why you wouldn't want to go with HQ if you've already got those size blanks made, to be honest. I've always liked looking at large size cards, since there's more details, especially with holosheets and Full Arts. :p

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Welcome back CMP! /late It's so incredible to see Neo Redux starting up again; I remember being hugely impressed by it as a kid not too long ago, and it was like the sole reason I got into faking in the first place. :p

I don't really see why you wouldn't want to go with HQ if you've already got those size blanks made, to be honest. I've always liked looking at large size cards, since there's more details, especially with holosheets and Full Arts. :p
On the other hand, sometimes I've found I really like being able to see the entire card on the screen without having to downsize it (and my laptop doesn't have a terribly large screen :p). It's sorta like the difference between seeing a regular Pokémon card and seeing a jumbo card. Yeah, there's more detail on the bigger one, but the smaller life-size one just feels more real, y'know?

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
I like the larger size cards, too -- but I have a huge monitor so what looks large to me might be too large for someone else!
Welcome back CMP! /late It's so incredible to see Neo Redux starting up again; I remember being hugely impressed by it as a kid not too long ago, and it was like the sole reason I got into faking in the first place. :p

On the other hand, sometimes I've found I really like being able to see the entire card on the screen without having to downsize it (and my laptop doesn't have a terribly large screen :p). It's sorta like the difference between seeing a regular Pokémon card and seeing a jumbo card. Yeah, there's more detail on the bigger one, but the smaller life-size one just feels more real, y'know?
Thanks, Jabberwock! Happy to hear I could be of some inspiration -- I can't believe this set started around 7 years ago!

I agree on enjoying seeing the whole card in one screen and I can absolutely relate to the smaller sizes feeling more real. The first fakes on PA! we're made from scans, complete with shadows on the bottom (plus, the holosheets are made to look like card scans).

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
And just to show you guys it wasn't a one-and-done return...
ilbVBH2.png

Man, two in a row with a Power and no damage? Maybe I'm just easing back into things.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
So it's going to be two-and-done? :eek:

I also prefer being able to see whole cards on-screen, but I also like making my cards print-resolution so I (or others) can print them. I don't really see any reason they should be larger than 744x1039px, unless someone's planning on making them jumbos.

Maybe it's just me, but Wimp Out's wording is a little confusing. Does the replacement Pokémon take the additional effects that Wimpod didn't? I assume not, but it's still a bit unclear. I feel that something like this might work better and sound more official (wording may still need some tweaks, but this should express the general idea): "If Wimpod is your Active Pokémon and your opponent tries to attack, you may prevent all effects of that attack, excluding damage, done to Wimpod. If you do and that attack doesn't Knock Out Wimpod, switch Wimpod with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. This power can't be used if Wimpod is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed."

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
So it's going to be two-and-done? :eek:

I also prefer being able to see whole cards on-screen, but I also like making my cards print-resolution so I (or others) can print them. I don't really see any reason they should be larger than 744x1039px, unless someone's planning on making them jumbos.

Maybe it's just me, but Wimp Out's wording is a little confusing. Does the replacement Pokémon take the additional effects that Wimpod didn't? I assume not, but it's still a bit unclear. I feel that something like this might work better and sound more official (wording may still need some tweaks, but this should express the general idea): "If Wimpod is your Active Pokémon and your opponent tries to attack, you may prevent all effects of that attack, excluding damage, done to Wimpod. If you do and that attack doesn't Knock Out Wimpod, switch Wimpod with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. This power can't be used if Wimpod is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed."
Haha, hopefully not two and done! I spent a few hours yesterday writing spoilers for the Alola Pokémon (and the handful of Kalos monsters which still needed them). Worst case, I just release the spoilers and the set with be "complete," in a way. :p

I'm likely going to start making them slightly smaller, but haven't determined the size I want to use. I'm on my phone now, but I'll check out the size you mentioned and see how it looks!

The wording does sound confusing, but it actually is official (see Misty's Tentacruel). I agree that it's poorly worded, but when there's an official card with that wording, it's what I (unfortunately) go with.

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
My own blank is like twice this size, lol. Still print res, but with a high amount of pixels-per-inch. I actually scale down the finished cards before uploading them here, for you guys' convenience. It's why you may have noticed slightly blurred edges on the cards I make from them, as a result of the compression. At full resolution they look pretty darn crisp, tho.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
The wording does sound confusing, but it actually is official (see Misty's Tentacruel). I agree that it's poorly worded, but when there's an official card with that wording, it's what I (unfortunately) go with.
It's official!? I never would've guessed. I wonder how many people were confused by that effect...

My own blank is like twice this size, lol. Still print res, but with a high amount of pixels-per-inch. I actually scale down the finished cards before uploading them here, for you guys' convenience. It's why you may have noticed slightly blurred edges on the cards I make from them, as a result of the compression. At full resolution they look pretty darn crisp, tho.
What's your DPI? 300 is usually the standard (which is appropriate for 744x1039px), or so I was taught back when I took printing classes.

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
What's your DPI? 300 is usually the standard (which is appropriate for 744x1039px), or so I was taught back when I took printing classes.

My resolution is 2000x2833, with 810 pixels/inch. Hahaha.

It's overkill for sure, but I have plenty of disk space, and I'm too lazy to make a smaller version, then edit to remove any pixellation/blurring that occurs.

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
Already done with all Pokémon from gens 1-5, my friend! You can find them on the first page. I have to reupload some, though, as the Wikia resized them strangely.
Ah, alright. Then can you make a Guzzlord card instead?