NFL Playoff Bracket Released! Your Predictions?

Superbowl winning team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still think the Green Bay Packers have a shot at making it to the Super Bowl again for the 2011-2012 season but it's a long ways off so who knows. What are the chances of Cleveland and Detroit making it to Super Bowl 46 next year?

Any real analysis? Aaron Rodgers and the Packers might go the distance again. If anything I'd really want the Kansas City Chiefs to make it for SB 46 but knowing their rivalries with San Diego, Oakland, and Denver that doesn't seem very likely to happen.

The Texans might at least make it to the Playoffs, they have a GREAT running back, sadly, because I'm a Titans fan. D:
I'm calling it right now, Titans will go 10-6. Just my prediction, based off some of the horrible teams we play, like the Browns, the Bills, the Panthers, the Broncos, and the Bengals, this should be an easier than average season. We do play some good teams, like the Ravens, the Falcons, and the Steelers, but we have an all head coach, and we're getting a new QB. The sad part is, the QB'll probably be a rookie, so he won't be as great. Anyway, GOGO Titans!

Being a Cowboys fan, I haved loved to see Dallas play in their home stadium last Sunday. But I think that added pressure just caused the team to buckle, snap in two and start off very horrifically. Jason Garrett was a patch just to stop the bleeding, but the team really seemed to rally around him and listen, which just proved Wade Phillips was a disaster to begin with. He should've never been even considered to be the head coach. Many people have said he's spineless; a jellyfish of sorts. They are 100% true. Wade's not a head coach like his father was with the Houston Oilers. He's a defensive coordinator at best. Jerry gambled and pretty much lost house with this experiment.

Dallas's 2011 NFL schedule sees them traveling to their usual places; Philly, DC and East Rutherford. But, top on that a trip to Foxboro, another trip to the Desert (Arizona) and a second trip to East Rutherford, Dallas is in for a long year. They do have some softies on the schedule; Arizona, Detroit and Buffalo, but I don't think those softies are enough to soften the load Dallas will have playing teams like the Jets, Patriots, Giants and Eagles. I see an 8-8 record for Dallas, but will most certainly be an improvement over this year's disaster of a season.

^You know what the Cowgirls need? To be just a bit better in everything. Sure, Romo's fine, and Austin's good, their RBs in general are maybe above average, but they just don't have anything special going on. Right now, they're just sort of mediocre. They need a star QB or RB or WR or even CB, and that would make them so much better.
Not that I want that, but...

Well both Detroit and Cleveland are 1-2 players away from being a good team. And both deal with injuries alot. Compare Browns in 07 (10-6 record), compared to in 08 (4-12).

Honestly the Browns could be good. My dad is a Browns fan so I hear a lot about them and with the young talent they have and with Holmgren making decisions they could go far. Peyton Hillis is great and so is McCoy.

I'm a big McCoy fan, and I think the Browns have a decent shot if they pull it together and get a few more good players. I'd estimate playoffs in 3-4 seasons at most considering the talent they have.

Its quite possible. I mean look at the steelers in the past 6 years. Both times they won the superbowl, they have failed to make the playoffs the following year. The Browns can easily make it into a wild card position, definitely not a division win though. Another example is the Browns in 2007. When Derek Anderson, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow Jr, and quite a few others were pro-bowlers, they had a 10-6 record and missed the playoffs by a single game. The browns can pull it off, but will they is a whole different story.

And speaking of the Browns, I want to see Josh Cribbs actually throw the ball when they use the wildcat formation. He used to be a QB in college, but everytime they line him up in the wildcat, they have him rush. Why?!

If the browns can stay injury free playoffs may be a long shot but still possible next year. But if any of their key players go down they are toast.

Sorry, the brownies don't stand a chance. They're not going anywhere as long as they're in the same division as the Ravens and Steelers.

^Agreed. The Browns won't be going to the Playoffs very soon. Maybe in a couple years, once stuff changes up a bit.

I love how you all doubt the Browns even though in 07' they finished 2nd in the division behind the Ravens. Like I said, all they can really battle for right now if a wildcard spot. The Browns beat the steelers in 09', so obviously they're capable of beating big name teams. In this past season they beat both the Saints and the Patriots. And in the past 3 seasons, they beat the defending superbowl champs.

10' - Saints
09 - Steelers
08 - Giants.

The Browns are an amazing team when healthy. Especially considering that the Steelers couldn't even bet the saints of the patriots this past year, but the browns could some how.

^When healthy is the key. When you have to play the steelers or ravens for 1/4 of your games, staying healthy might not be possible. Cribbs got destroyed by James Harrison if I remember correctly.

it was a hard hit and an accidental helmet to helmet. of course you'll get destroyed. And also the Browns need a smart coach sadly. When the Browns beat the Steelers in 09', Josh Cribbs had what was it, like 260+ all purpose yards. They had Josh do all the playing. Then in 2010, they barely used Josh at all. Somehow they find something that works every year, but refuse to return to it. Hopefully they don't do the same with Peyton Hillis. They even did it with Jerome Harrison. He had over 700 yards rushing in the final 3 games of 09, and they replace him 2010, even after rushing for the 3rd most yards in a single game!

Yeah honestly if they just let Josh Cribbs run the offense against them Pixburgh Stillers they would win both times. Cribbs runs all over them and in addition the Steelers don't have very good special teams

Not only let him run, let him throw the ball for once in the wildcat formation. Thats why Josh gets hit hard, they always blitz when they see the wildcat, because we only run with it. Josh being the former QB should go out there, allow the blitz to come, and then throw to an open target. Thats all the blitz is going to do, open up people down the field. It would quite honestly give some dimension to the browns offense. Even though I do believe he did throw once in 2010 for a TD to Colt McCoy. If it wasn't Josh, idk who it was, but I do know Colt had a reception for a TD

I have nothing against the Steeler's however after finding out that Ben Roethlisberger committed a sexual assault and wasn't punished for it only to lose in Super Bowl 45, that made me dislike him even more. I'm surprised Ben didn't get fired, Michael Vick did redeem himself after the Dogfight Scandal but the problem with Roethlisberger was that there wasn't enough evidence to prove him guilty of the crime he committed under a court of law.

A possible Smoking Gun is that the NFL payed off the women involved in the Rothlisberger Scandal to not press charges and those women payed off the NFL to reduce Ben's time out of games so that he'd continue to be an asset to the Steeler's in the hopes of them winning the Super Bowl which would give them more money and then some.

So in a sense I'm glad the Packers won instead of the Steelers this time, had a different QB was playing for Pittsburgh at the time I would've had a better view of the Steeler's as a team. I just don't get why Roethlisberger let himself ruin his reputation as a pro football player like that, the Steeler's loss was sort of a justification of that.

If this is inappropriate for discussion Mods of PokeBeach I will take this post off but the reason why I posted this is to get the truth out of the stuff that's going on behind the scenes of the NFL and I feel it's important especially to secure the reputation of famous athletes that shouldn't sully themselves over these kinds of scandals, it was bad enough with the MLB and Steroids but come on...

Well I do agree with you that Big Ben didn't receive a justifiable punishment, for not 1, but 2 sexual assault claims. I think the fact that they were able to get there without Big Ben in a sense really showed the Steelers were the real deal. I mean they went 3-1 without Ben when all experts were predicting an 0-4 possible an 0-5 start. Cuz lets face it, without Ben getting real play time in, he'd be rusty the first game back, but no, they started the season strong.

And @ Benny, the wildcat isn't bad for running the ball, its just that all offensive coordinators ONLY use it for running the ball. Now if they balance out the wildcat formation to allow passing in there as well, then of course running will once again be successful. I mean all great teams have a balance between run/pass, so for a formation to be great, it must also find this balance. Example of greatness, the 90's Cowboys, Troy Aikmen/Michael Irvin (QB/WR Combo) and Emmitt Smith (RB), all three of which are hall of famers. Greatness comes with balance in the NFL and just all sports in general.

P.S. If a mod sees this, I think we should have the thread title changed to something like "Official NFL Discussion" that way all out continued posting isn't some sort of spam....Just Saying

Back