Pokemon Oh, so annoying...

Is delibird a legendary pokemon?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • No.

Votes: 43 84.3%
  • Your aunt was right. It depends how you feel about it.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

penny power

Pokemon freak
OK, I'll probably get flamed for overreacting, but I didn't get too upset over it. I just wanted to share this with people.
This is about my mature-for-his-age 9-year old cousin, Andre who doesn't know very much about pokemon, but knows a fair amount and likes it quite a lot. I got him into pokemon a few months ago I guess.
I was in the car with just my cousin and aunt, and Andre said to me, "You know delibird is a legendary, right?", and I told him it's not. He insisted. I told him that there's debate over whether rotom is legendary or not, but everybody knows that delibird is not a legendary. Then my aunt hears our conversation and says something like "How do you know what everybody thinks? Maybe some people think it's legendary and some people don't.", as if it were an opinion, like you just call whatever pokemon you like "legendary". And I was like, "Come on! She knows nothing about pokemon! And she is completely wrong! And delibird isn't even pseudo-legendary, like dragonite, it's just a regular pokemon!" Also, Andre said that his book(he has a book about pokemon) says it's legendary(it has a legendary lineup), and I'm 99% sure it doesn't even say that.
Well, this has become a rant... So...yeah...it was VERY annoying. You don't understand.

Just start saying Bidoof is a Legendary and when your cousin gets mad about it say See thats how it feels or something:)

jboy said:
Just start saying Bidoof is a Legendary and when your cousin gets mad about it say See thats how it feels or something:)
Good idea, thanks! He's stubborn, but it'll be fun to get him riled up! XD

aja, you are 99% sure. Not 100%.
Don't take this bad, but your cousin is kinda a PokéMon N00B.
Seriously.

infmach said:
aja, you are 99% sure. Not 100%.
Don't take this bad, but your cousin is kinda a PokéMon N00B.
Seriously.
Well, I was SOOOO sure that the book didn't say it's legendary, but I just wasn't completely sure.
It's okay, he is a noob! He doesn't have any pokemon video games, he has cards(Right there it sounded like I don't like the cards, but I love them. I was just informing you of what he does.). Sometimes, he gets angry at me, b/c I don't want to make a trade. Come on! I just don't want to! He says I'm unfair but he's unfair. And when we play, sometimes he'll only play with me if I let him TOTALLY change the rules. Only in his favor. Really, it is ridiculous. Like this: You can't get decked out. You play with 2 cards(literally!). No trainers. Max hp(just so I have no pokemon with higher hp that his highest hp pokemon!). Where's the fun and strategy in that!? When I somehow convince him to play a REAL game and ask him if he wants to play 60-card or 30-card, of course he says 30! Then, when I easily wipe him out, he starts repeatedly cursing(Yeah, he's only 9!) and being such a sore loser. So I offer to help him with his game, and he says his pathetic deck is fine! Yeah, I'm sick of it...I love the game so much, but he's horrible to play it with!
Geez, that turned into another rant!

-_-...there'd be know way delibird would ever be considered a legendary...its another one of those pokemon that only learns one move...present...

pokemax55 said:
-_-...there'd be know way delibird would ever be considered a legendary...its another one of those pokemon that only learns one move...present...
I know, why DELIBIRD!? Why didn't he say...skarmory? Aerodactyl?

Oh, the number of people not understanding that children don't have sofisticated arguments here are overwhelming. I mean, its not like you have any proof but the lack of proof, and if you did, he's still 9, and he'd either say he was "messing with you" or just keeping arguing. =/

225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png

BEWARE. THIS POKEMON IS LEGENDARY. IT CAN GIVE PRESENTS

Eh, he's 9, I'd expect more of him. He's at the age where he can began reasoning out stuff. Ask him why he thinks it's legendary.

225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png

gee, I thoght you were going to lock this NN.
Now,think it like these, he is a n00b. When he says that, tell him he is right. He will humilliate himself when he knows the truth.

Pokémaniac said:
Oh, the number of people not understanding that children don't have sofisticated arguments here are overwhelming. I mean, its not like you have any proof but the lack of proof, and if you did, he's still 9, and he'd either say he was "messing with you" or just keeping arguing. =/
Well, I don't think he'll say he was just messing with me, and how can he argue when I show him it's not in his "legendary lineup"?

red blastoise said:
what if he did that on purpose just to make you mad.
well, he didn't fail.

BTW, I'm your cousin ;]
I don't think so, but, if so, he didn't fail...
I don't believe you!!!

Noobnerd said:
225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png

BEWARE. THIS POKEMON IS LEGENDARY. IT CAN GIVE PRESENTS

Eh, he's 9, I'd expect more of him. He's at the age where he can began reasoning out stuff. Ask him why he thinks it's legendary.

225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png
225.png
Yeah, I will ask! Thanks!

infmach said:
gee, I thoght you were going to lock this NN.
Now,think it like these, he is a n00b. When he says that, tell him he is right. He will humilliate himself when he knows the truth.
Thanks, but I want to ask him why he thinks it's legendary!

I've never seen a legendary lineup, but I have seen one of those Scholastic Pokemon books. It has all of the Pokemon. It labeled Delibird as a legendary, for some apparent reason.

penny power said:
OK, I'll probably get flamed for overreacting, but I didn't get too upset over it. I just wanted to share this with people.
This is about my mature-for-his-age 9-year old cousin, Andre who doesn't know very much about pokemon, but knows a fair amount and likes it quite a lot. I got him into pokemon a few months ago I guess.
I was in the car with just my cousin and aunt, and Andre said to me, "You know delibird is a legendary, right?", and I told him it's not. He insisted. I told him that there's debate over whether rotom is legendary or not, but everybody knows that delibird is not a legendary. Then my aunt hears our conversation and says something like "How do you know what everybody thinks? Maybe some people think it's legendary and some people don't.", as if it were an opinion, like you just call whatever pokemon you like "legendary". And I was like, "Come on! She knows nothing about pokemon! And she is completely wrong! And delibird isn't even pseudo-legendary, like dragonite, it's just a regular pokemon!" Also, Andre said that his book(he has a book about pokemon) says it's legendary(it has a legendary lineup), and I'm 99% sure it doesn't even say that.
Well, this has become a rant... So...yeah...it was VERY annoying. You don't understand.

Ya, I hate it when adults try to solve problems thay know nothing about.
Like when I wanted to get platinum, my mom said that she would buy it if we "share" it. She said that we could each do 5 "levels" and let the other kid have a turn. When i tried to say stuff: "another word and *sisters name* will have it all to her self"

I hate it when adults steriotype stuff as "It's a matter of opinion!" or "Who knows...YOU may be wrong! (Wow...it's so hard to figure out that Delibird isn't legendary...)" or like Juliacoolo mother said; "Levels (UGH!!1! REFERING TO LEVELS IN POKEMON MAKES ME WANT TO WHACK SOMEONE!)" "Share the game (Sure; you could do that...but that's so difficult!)" Meh... You know you're right... Put tons of web pages on your computer that says stuff about Delibird, and even show him this thread! I also hate those stupid books that tell you about Pokemon and act as if they are the "#1 Pokemon informational thing ON THYE PLANET!" and are WRONG all the time... Even the anime is junk! "Okay, trainers; what Pokemon evolves from Seviper!?!?" "Okay, trainers; if you said Arbok, YOU WERE RIGHT!!1!" o.o What the heck... Just think of what your cousin would be ranting about if he saw THAT!!! XD

Ask him why he thinks Delibird is Legendary, and show him tons of sites explaining why he's wrong... Brinhg him to the chat room, as well...let him post a bit there; he might change his mind after that...

Chariblaze said:
I've never seen a legendary linup, but I have seen one of those Scholastic Pokemon books. It has all of the Pokemon. It labeled Delibird as a legendary, for some apparent reason.
That's the kind of book! That is so wierd. Why delibird?!

Juliacoolo said:
penny power said:

Ya, I hate it when adults try to solve problems thay know nothing about.
Like when I wanted to get platinum, my mom said that she would buy it if we "share" it. She said that we could each do 5 "levels" and let the other kid have a turn. When I tried to say stuff: "another word and *sisters name* will have it all to her self"
Oh, god, I know what you mean, that's what it was like! And in the car with Andre and my aunt, I said that Platinum is the BEST game EVER, and she said she doesn't think so. When I asked what she thought was better, she couldn't name a better game. I said it's not just ANY old game, and she said the thought it is. But she knows practically NOTHING about it. She knows the name. And I think she knows it's a pokemon DS game. But that's about it. Cringe worthy moment.
Sorry about your Platinum "level" problem. That's cringe worthy too! I feel like my aunt, uncle and your mom think that video games are all just the very linear games they were 20 years ago. Now there is Animal Crossing, Pokemon, the SSB series(the Subspace Emissary is short and SSBB's best mode is multiplayer by far!)! I am in no way saying that you should share it, and there is so much more to the game than the e4, but just so you know, I kind of think of getting each badge as a level!

LucarioXFroslass said:
I hate it when adults steriotype stuff as "It's a matter of opinion!" or "Who knows...YOU may be wrong! (Wow...it's so hard to figure out that Delibird isn't legendary...)" or like Juliacoolo mother said; "Levels (UGH!!1! REFERING TO LEVELS IN POKEMON MAKES ME WANT TO WHACK SOMEONE!)" "Share the game (Sure; you could do that...but that's so difficult!)" Meh... You know you're right... Put tons of web pages on your computer that says stuff about Delibird, and even show him this thread! I also hate those stupid books that tell you about Pokemon and act as if they are the "#1 Pokemon informational thing ON THYE PLANET!" and are WRONG all the time... Even the anime is junk! "Okay, trainers; what Pokemon evolves from Seviper!?!?" "Okay, trainers; if you said Arbok, YOU WERE RIGHT!!1!" o.o What the heck... Just think of what your cousin would be ranting about if he saw THAT!!! XD

Ask him why he thinks Delibird is Legendary, and show him tons of sites explaining why he's wrong... Brinhg him to the chat room, as well...let him post a bit there; he might change his mind after that...
I know! Isn't it SOOOO annoying?
That's a good idea about delibird! Thanks!

He probably thinks it's a legendary because it doesn't evolve... next thing you know, he might say Seviper was a legendary. And speaking of Seviper, that "Arbok evolves from Seviper" thing was a mistake..

42 chocolate' said:
And speaking of Seviper, that "Arbok evolves from Seviper" thing was a mistake..
IMO he was being sarcastic like 'DELIBIRD IS LEGENDARY'.

So sad...

And note that Delibird can be knocked out in the wild and reappear :D

42 chocolate said:
He probably thinks it's a legendary because it doesn't evolve... next thing you know, he might say Seviper was a legendary. And speaking of Seviper, that "Arbok evolves from Seviper" thing was a mistake..
Well, maybe he thought that, but...lots of pokemon don't evolve...
And the "arbok evolves from seviper" thing was a mistake, but a really obvious one!

Prof. Shinx said:
42 chocolate' said:
And speaking of Seviper, that "Arbok evolves from Seviper" thing was a mistake..
IMO he was being sarcastic like 'DELIBIRD IS LEGENDARY'.

So sad...

And note that Delibird can be knocked out in the wild and reappear :D
I don't think he was sarcastic from the way he kept insisting.
Yeah, it does reappear in the wild. I should show him a delibird card and say "Now, how do you think that thing is legendary?"!

42 chocolate, I know it was a mistake... That's exactly why I brought it up... Imagine his cousin... "SEVIPER EVOLVES!!1! THE ANIME SAID IT DID!!1! SEE!?!? THE ANIME KNOWS MORE THAN U!!1!" Get the point?

I love that idea! Delibird card: "Now, do you see why Delibird isn't a Legendary? What's legendary about 20 for 2? What's so legenary about Present? In fact, what is so legendary about a Pokemon that only learns one move?" "CUZ IT ONLY HAZ WON MOOOOOVE!!1!" "So do Beldum and Ditto and..." "BUTT THAY RN'T LEGNDAIRY!!1!" "So why is Delibird Legendary?"

XD I can just think of all the things you say that will make him sound stupid if you recorded the conversation! Actually, try that and make him listen to his argument. [size=xxxXXXXXXXXlarge]XD[/size]

Back