Palkia G LV.X from Platinum (#125) [6/17]

PokeChamp said:
On its own, Palkia is a solid card that suffers from Luxray-weakness and a horrible, horrible retreat cost in this format. Notably, you can abuse your bench space by using "Lost Cyclone", essentially giving you an unlimited bench while punishing opponents who play too many benched Pokemon. In particular, this is an excellent card to show Jumpluff who's boss. The attack is also good, being able to snipe Claydol for example. Garchomp C is so much better in this role, though, so unless you're playing Palkia Lock that is always the more solid card. Palkia is good, in my opinion, but is very one-dimensional.

Palkia was played a long time ago with Dialga G Lv.X, but now people just play it by itself in Palkia Lock. In this deck, you play Mesprits and then cycle them off of your bench, allowing you to, potentially, prevent your opponent from using Poke-Powers for eight straight turns, counting in Power Sprays.

Palkia, in general, works in any deck that needs a bench refresher. Anything with multiple copies of Uxie and Mesprit can take advantage of Palkia G Lv.X. It also could be used in a spread-type deck in addition to its previous form, which can potentially put damage counters equivalent to 100 damage on the board. With cards like Gallade 4 Lv.X, for example, it might be interesting.

3/5. A decent card. Really one-dimensional, somewhat sub-par compared to other decks like Plox. Doesn't really have a place in this format, in my opinion.

The artwork is okay, in general I despise the 3D-ish effects used on the Galactic Pokemon.

thanks pokechamp

1. I would say that it has a good chance in a deck with other G Pokemon as well as a deck with alot of water energys.
2. Well mabye a Palkia Lock or PG-13.
3. The Lost Zone Poke-power may be a probolem for some, but you should look out as well. The LA trio can work well would it two!
4. If I have to give this card a rateing I give it a 4/5. This isn't a perfect card but still great.
5. Now about the artwork, I think the artwork is amazing I love it!

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?

It could work pretty well if you're against a really powerful deck. It's Poke-Power is sure to become popular in the League at some point.

2. What popular metagame decks is it used in?

It's in a popular deck?

3. What combos can you use it with? How so?

I could easily combo Palkia G Lv.X with Dialga G; they both have the ability to send Pokemon to the Lost Zone. With both of them on your Bench, you're a force to be reckoned with.

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

I'd say five stars. It has major potential to become a Big Deck.

5. How's the artwork?

The artwork is awesome, to top it all off.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
By my point of view it does stand well on it's own It's good because it has a decent amount of HP And a good Attack
2. What popular metagame decks is it used in?
Ehh, A Palkia G Deck
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
Ehh, Not a clue.
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
****/***** Because the Card is very good nice HP, Decent Attack, But I Think it has to use 1 to many energy to use it's attack.
5. How's the artwork?
Amazing, I Personally Prefer the 3D Artwork.

Back