PlasmaKlang

I am loving HTL in this deck, since one of its biggest threats is HTL/Virbank, you can dish the poison right back for OHKO's with Cobalion EX on most non EX's. You can OHKO Sableye with an energy press by Cobalion NV. Even without Virbank, that 10 damage is the difference between getting 2HKO'd by Keldeo and OHKOing Keldeo with Cobalion EX.

EDIT: This is by no means suggesting to play Virbank, as that would be silly.

siRisacc said:
I am loving HTL in this deck, since one of its biggest threats is HTL/Virbank, you can dish the poison right back for OHKO's with Cobalion EX on most non EX's. You can OHKO Sableye with an energy press by Cobalion NV. Even without Virbank, that 10 damage is the difference between getting 2HKO'd by Keldeo and OHKOing Keldeo with Cobalion EX.

EDIT: This is by no means suggesting to play Virbank, as that would be silly.

Why would playing Virbank be silly? I play 1 Virbank in my list and it works wonders.

Or around $60 if you look around. I got mine for $35 and my friend has one. And this is also talking about how the decks should be for competitive play, not how to make a budget deck.

SheNinja said:
Or around $60 if you look around. I got mine for $35 and my friend has one. And this is also talking about how the decks should be for competitive play, not how to make a budget deck.

You either bought a fake card, ripped a 3 year old off, or are lying. Sorry to break it to you, but $60 and $35 in unheard of, I've been searching for that for about 3 years lol.

I'm not lying, it's not fake, and where the heck do 3-year olds get Tropical Beaches? I got it on T&T. :cool:

Then it's the 2011 Spanish edition. Because there's no way in hell you could get one that cheap.

Well, it's English from 2011. I've used in about 3-4 tournaments and there has been no suspicion, so it's real.

Yes, sir I do. And I can you my superawesome guessing abilities to guess that you are going to ask for it. The answer is... NO.
You're going to have to take my word on this one, folks.

I really hate saying this but your word doesn't seem realistic...

Anyways, guys is it me or is Lucario the only answer to a mirror match in this deck?

MrGatr said:
I really hate saying this but your word doesn't seem realistic...

Anyways, guys is it me or is Lucario the only answer to a mirror match in this deck?

Cobalion/Cobalion EX can get through Plasma Steel.

I thought it was only effects on the defending pokemon, which would mean that plasmaklangs abili-- Your right.

MrGatr said:

I don't think Lucario would be all that great in the mirror match. Cobalion EX one shots it, assuming it doesn't have a Giant Cape, and Righteous Edge can discard your Blend Energy. I think the best cards for the mirror match are a lot of Max Potion and a lot of Cobalion NV.
Most Pokemon in the deck are fairly weak, so Max Potion should always get rid of damage.
Cobalion NV trades prizes 2 to 1 against the EX, assuming Righteous Edge didn't start the battle, and they need Switch or Keldeo EX to attack after Iron Breaker. I'm not sure what else can give you the advantage except Fire Pokemon with Prisms.

Which would be better in this deck: Keldeo/Darkrai or Switch/Escape Rope? I'm guessing the Items because the EX's aren't Metal type and the Items are searchable by Skyla.

Keldeo is already really good to a staple in this deck because it covers the fire weakness very nicely. However, because you don't need to run many Prisms for it to work, Darkrai still requires a hefty investment so I'd run with one of the trainers as well.

Dark Void said:
Keldeo is already really good to a staple in this deck because it covers the fire weakness very nicely. However, because you don't need to run many Prisms for it to work, Darkrai still requires a hefty investment so I'd run with one of the trainers as well.

^This

My current list (not saying it's good):

15 Pokemon:

4-0-3 Klinklang (DE-N/A-PS)
2 Registeel EX
3 Cobalion EX
2 Cobalion (NV)
1 Keldeo EX

36 I/S/S

2 Stadiums:

2 Tropical Beach

14 Supporters:

2 Colress
4 N
4 Professor Juniper
4 Skyla (Seems like a lot, but works well in practice)

20 Items:

4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Heavy Ball
3 Ultra Ball
1 Super Rod
1 Computer Search (Might change to a different Ace-Spec)
4 Switch

9 Energy:

2 Prism
7 Metal

Discuss!

Uhh, you overkilled the Skyla, and Registeel isn't as useful as you'd think... Try adding in a Keldeo or Etherdex

Back