PokéBeach Create-A-Card April 2013! Grats to Blui, AlexanderTheAwesome, and Fraxureking!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card April 2013!

I kind of want to do this if it's not too late. Text based, please!

Lanturn - Lightning - HP90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Chincou

Ability: Electrolyte
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you attach a Basic [W] Energy card from your hand to Lanturn, you may use this power. If you do, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. You can't attach any more Energy cards during this turn. This power can't be used if you have already attached an energy card during this turn.

[L] Static Splash: 60 damage. If you have any [W] Energy cards attached to Lanturn, discard them, and put 2 damage counters on one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

HGSS wording, by the way.

Mora said:
I kind of want to do this if it's not too late. Text based, please!

You're fine. And with that, text-based is full up again. Wow.

I wonder why text based is so popular. Personally, I prefer image based because you get to be creative and make your own artwork, blanks and add nice effects on it. Maybe people prefer text based because they focus more on the moves than the looks?

Arcticwhite said:
I wonder why text based is so popular. Personally, I prefer image based because you get to be creative and make your own artwork, blanks and add nice effects on it. Maybe people prefer text based because they focus more on the moves than the looks?

Not everyone can use GIMP/Photoshop Artic. :)

Blui said:
Arcticwhite said:

Not everyone can use GIMP/Photoshop Artic. :)

Like me. :/
Still hoping that I'll be able to make something eventually.

I'd be happy doing image based from June onwards. I just either don't have the time or can't be bothered getting the resources. I might be a perfectionist over it too; especially over a contest. Right now I don't have time to be a perfectionist :S

text based or bust!
Stage 1 - Zebstrika
HP 100 Electric Type

Ability-Charge
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may flip a coin. If heads, you may search your deck for an [L] energy and attach it to your active Pokemon.

[L][C] Flame Charge 50+
If there is a [R] energy attached to this Pokemon, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness- none
Resistance- none
Retreat- [C]

#623 Thunderbolt Pokemon WT:175.3 lbs HT:5'03"

When this ill-tempered Pokémon runs wild, it shoots lightning from its mane in all directions.

Enjoy!

@Reggie McGigas: As much as I would love to accept your entry right now (and/or show favoritism because Regigigas is my favorite Pokemon and totally amazing), the text-based entries are full up. If someone decides to drop out, though, I'll add you in.

@Arcticwhite: I think Blui nailed it. There are more avenues to be creative with image-based for sure, but learning how to create image-based fakes is a learned skill, and one refined over weeks or even months of practice. Unlike text-based, it's not something everyone can jump into.
That said, I do like text-based for the fact that you get to make elaborate attack/ability effects without having to worry about size constraints :p

I like the judging on text based more and I have never done a fake card so yeah, why bother.

DNA said:
As much as I would love to accept your entry right now (and/or show favoritism because Regigigas is my favorite Pokemon and totally amazing), the text-based entries are full up. If someone decides to drop out, though, I'll add you in.

Thanks. Regigigas is amazing, and is in my opinion one of the most underated Pokemon ever. (Someone please drop out :) )

EDIT: DNA, can you give me a score anyways, but not count it for the compitition? I want to get better as a faker and know about this competition, as I have never participated before.

Give you a score? Sure, I guess I can, though if you get a top score and someone hasn't dropped before the end, then you won't be counted as a winner.

I don't have photoshop or Gimp myself. I run all of my fakes through a series of programs just to make one card.

@regi mcgigas
I believe where you put in "f" for zebstrikas attack you meant to put an"r" as f stands for fighting and r stands for fire

DNA said:
Give you a score? Sure, I guess I can, though if you get a top score and someone hasn't dropped before the end, then you won't be counted as a winner.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
@regi mcgigas
I believe where you put in "f" for zebstrikas attack you meant to put an"r" as f stands for fighting and r stands for fire

ok, ill fix that.

zapdos__prime__by_blui129-d604f2s.png

You've all seen it now let me go back into my cave of fakes and shame electronics...

Just pointing out, "Zapdos", at the top of the card has a yellowish tint. But good job; everything else looks ~perfect, the wording sounds precise, and the effect is rather intriguing. Nice job!

Mora said:
Just pointing out, "Zapdos", at the top of the card has a yellowish tint. But good job; everything else looks ~perfect, the wording sounds precise, and the effect is rather intriguing. Nice job!

I think Blui wanted the word Zapdos to be holo, like on Legend cards. I think it looks great, it's a nice effect.

And here's my entry:

311whzr.jpg

Credit to aschefield101 for the blank (in case you can't see it).

I know I used a lot of moves to do with Energy cards, but I think it works quite well. I put lots of effort into making this card, especially in fonts + placement. Sorry if it also looks a bit cluttered, but I can't fix it now!

NOTE: This is a fakémon I created, and I'm proud of it :)

Back