PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2014 - Legendary (Congrats to the winners!)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2014 - Legendary

Keeper of Night said:
Luispipe8 said:
And as usual. I end up noticing the Thread later and Scorched always posts before that. XDDDD Ok, guys, just a few technicalities I'm placing on Text:

1- Place the Era of the card when you post it in case it's not from the current Modified Format, otherwise it'll be judged as BW/XY WITH NO EXCEPTIONS(Yes, even though it's a Pokémon-ex, or Dark Pokémon, or Pokémon Prime, or the likewise).
2- This time I'm placing results in the order of the OP's list instead of going for order of entries. This is just so it's easier for me to know whether I judged you or not already.
3- Have fun!! :D

I don't think I can meet all of your demands.

#3 is preposterous.

You said it. I don't have enough time to have fun. I'm too busy complaining on a stupid, random, kiddie forum I found online about how un-fun a certain competition I'm competing in on that said forum is. haha

In for text. Wootwoot! I'll try to get my entry in earlier than 2 days before deadline this time... emphasis on "try".

Well guys, this was obvious.

WAIT THIS ISNT REGIGIGAS D: said:
[Basic] Mewtwo EX HP 170 [P]
mewtwo.gif

[Ability] Awakening
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your discard pile, you may flip a coin. If heads, put this Pokémon into your hand. If tails, put a Shock Marker on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

[P][C][C] Matrix Snapback 80
If your opponent's Active Pokémon has a Shock Marker attached to it, you may discard it. If you do, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now confused.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Shock Marker said:
If this Marker is attached to an Active Pokémon, flip a coin. If tails, that Pokémon can't attack during that Pokémon's turn.

Hope you all like my entry into this months tournament (which I correctly predicted would be Legendary (I knew I should have said something about it)). I would normally go with Regigigas or one of his gang, but normally (well, always) I end up losing. So this entry won't be normal. At all. This is something I wouldn't see myself doing. This is different, but different is what wins tournaments. I brushed the surface of this with my Shiftry in May. However, I need to do something that revolutionizes the Pokémon TCG. And that is by adding a new marker called the Shock Marker. I wasn't too sure on the wording (because something like this has never been done before). Good luck all, and I want you to try your best :D do or do not there is no try

The two entires so far have introduced new markers.
I sense a pattern here.

Reggie McGigas said:
Well guys, this was obvious.

WAIT THIS ISNT REGIGIGAS D: said:
[Basic] Mewtwo EX HP 170 [P]
mewtwo.gif

[Ability] Awakening
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your discard pile, you may flip a coin. If heads, put this Pokémon into your hand. If tails, put a Shock Marker on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

[P][C][C] Matrix Snapback 80
If your opponent's Active Pokémon has a Shock Marker attached to it, you may discard it. If you do, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now confused.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:

Shock Marker said:
If this Marker is attached to an Active Pokémon, flip a coin. If tails, that Pokémon can't attack during that Pokémon's turn.

Hope you all like my entry into this months tournament (which I correctly predicted would be Legendary (I knew I should have said something about it)). I would normally go with Regigigas or one of his gang, but normally (well, always) I end up losing. So this entry won't be normal. At all. This is something I wouldn't see myself doing. This is different, but different is what wins tournaments. I brushed the surface of this with my Shiftry in May. However, I need to do something that revolutionizes the Pokémon TCG. And that is by adding a new marker called the Shock Marker. I wasn't too sure on the wording (because something like this has never been done before). Good luck all, and I want you to try your best :D do or do not there is no try

You're plagiarizing the Shockwave Marker from Tyranitar-ex delta!!!
Hehe, I honestly thought you were doing Zygarde just to fool us. I kind of guessed. :p

Ps.: After that speech, Reggie McGigas for Webmaster President! XD

Keeper of Night said:
I sense a pattern here.

I didn't see the other entry (or tyranitar EX for that matter)

Will my wording on the marker count?

Reggie McGigas said:
Will my wording on the marker count?

I won't take that into account because it's not in the card per se, it's ok. ;) I suppose you say it because Pokémon don't have turns, right? XD

Keeper of Night said:
I sense a pattern here.

Don't worry. Delta and I won't be using any. At least I hope not. He hasn't told me. I suddenly feel nervous...

I don't know what a marker is because I don't Pokemon Card. Nothing to worry about. - Delta

New markers are always fun. I wish more cards used them.

I'd actually dislike a single thing about new markers: Having to carry 'em around. DX

As someone who hasn't played the game in 15 years, I can't sympathize with you, Luis...sorry! :p

CMP said:
As someone who hasn't played the game in 15 years, I can't sympathize with you, Luis...sorry! :p

TT.TT Well, we'll agree to disagree. XD

Luispipe8 said:
I'd actually dislike a single thing about new markers: Having to carry 'em around. DX

My Chessex brand Die box (12 count size) is conveniently large enough to hold my burn and Poison counters, but a Shocker marker wouldn't fit.

Edited to add energy :( .Uh-oh Ho-oh:

Ho-oh [R] HP 120

Ability: Rainbow Of Life
Once during a game on your turn (before you attack) you may shuffle your discard pile into your deck.

[R][R]Sacred Fire 30+
This attack does 30 more damage for each [D] and each [P] Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponents).

Weakness: [W] Resistance: [F] Retreat:[.][.]

Legends claim this Pokémon flies the world's skies continuously on it's magnificent seven-coloured wings.

In for text-based!
[Basic] Arceus EX HP180 [C]
arceus.gif

You may have as many of this card in your deck as you like.

14e49jm.jpg
Multitype
Once during your turn (before your attack) if there are any Energy cards in play or in either player's Discard Pile, you may flip 2 coins. If 1 of them is heads, this Pokémon becomes the type of one Energy card in either player's side of the field. If both of them are heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon' Weakness becomes [C].

[C][C][C] Alpha Blast 120
If you have 3 or more Arceus in play, and each of them is of a different type, discard all Energy of those types attached to all Pokémon in play, except this Pokémon. Then, if 12 or more Energy were discarded this way, shuffle all Basic Energy cardsin each player's Discard Pile back in their owner's deck.

Weakness: [F]x2
Resistance: -
When a Pokémon EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

Vom said:
In for text-based!
arceus.gif

14e49jm.jpg
Multitype
Once during your turn (before your attack) if there are any Energy cards in play or in either player's Discard Pile, you may flip 2 coins. If 1 of them is heads, this Pokémon becomes the type of one Energy card in either player's side of the field. If both of them are heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon' Weakness becomes [C].

If you have 3 or more Arceus in play, and each of them is of a different type, discard all Energy of those types attached to all Pokémon in play, except this Pokémon. Then, if 12 or more Energy were discarded this way, shuffle all Basic Energy cardsin each player's Discard Pile back in their owner's deck.

Well, if I complained about [mod]Kecleon-X[/mod]'s messed up wording, I thing I owe him an apology. That's a nice tongue-twister you have there!!! XD Can't wait to Judge it.

Ps.: I'm starting to judge tomorrow after noon, I've a test tomorrow so couldn't really do anything. XD

GadgetJax said:
Luispipe8 said:

My Chessex brand Die box (12 count size) is conveniently large enough to hold my burn and Poison counters, but a Shocker marker wouldn't fit.

Solution 1: Deal with it
Solution 2: Get a new deck box
Solution 3: who actually uses physical burn and poison counters again?

Although my intended entry doesn't carry a new marker clause, it also creates alternative conditions for winning other than inflicting damage/milling, just like Scorched's Jirachi x.x

Also, in image based.

Vom said:
In for text-based!
arceus.gif

14e49jm.jpg
Multitype

Is that.... Arceus?! =o

You win! :)

Reggie McGigas said:
Solution 3: who actually uses physical burn and poison counters again?

I do...

Actually on topic, there is no physical counter for Shock-wave markers or any other non-Poison or Burn counter; you're just supposed to use something random, like the cap to your dice box, or that coin everyone seemingly carries around but never uses.

Back