XY Pokémon Abilities: New and Updated

RE: [split] Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Chrono said:
Just a quick question...
What does Mega Launcher do?
It says it powers up "Pulse" moves, but there's only like 3 I can think of that have the word "Pulse" in the name. Seems kinda useless if you ask me...

Honestly it might be worth it just for a 90 base power Water Pulse with its 20% chance of confusion...

Pokemon Abilities

I have a delphox with the ability magician. I was planning on lvling it up to 100 but was not sure of how the talent works. does this works on Pokémon trainers Pokémon's? and do you steel away rare items like mega stones from your rival boy/girl? plz post if you have info. btw the ability name magician allows your pokemon to steel the held item another pokemon have during battle.

RE: pokemon abilities

I'm not sure if you can steal items off trainers in X/Y. I know in B/W you couldn't, so probably not.
...well, I think you technically can; they just return to the holders at the end of the battle. So you couldn't use Magician to farm items off trainers, but you can farm items off wilds.

RE: pokemon abilities

DNA said:
I'm not sure if you can steal items off trainers in X/Y. I know in B/W you couldn't, so probably not.
...well, I think you technically can; they just return to the holders at the end of the battle. So you couldn't use Magician to farm items off trainers, but you can farm items off wilds.

I guess its time to farm pikachus to see if they carrie a light ball. ty for the info

RE: Pokemon Abilities

Assuming that it works identically to the move Thief, which seems to be the case, you can't permanently steal items in Trainer battles (whether another player or NPC), and you can't steal Mega Stones at all.

Magician works like Theif except that the stealing affect occurs every time your Delphox lands a physical move. It is actually pretty bad. You are better off farming with the actual move Theif.

And no, you can't permanently steal items from real people and you cannot steal mega stones in anyway.

It doesn't require a physical move. Any attack works. I've been swiping Heart Scales off Luvdiscs with Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, and Psychic.

That's why it's called Magician and not Pickpocket. :)

Back