Pokemon Pokémon Games Timeline Theories

*Bro Fist*

Unicorn Rider
Okay, so I saw this on Pokememe's (or some similar site) a few days ago and thought I'd share it here. So basically, it's a timeline for all of the series and how they tie together. Here we go.

Unknown amount of years pass

War breaks out in Kanto (based on the theory)

War is resolved

Red / Blue + Ruby / Sapphire occur at the same time. This would explain how Team Rocket is never mentioned in Gen III and the similarities in color.

3 years pass

The events of Gold / Silver + Diamond / Pearl happen years later.

Many years pass

Black / White

Two years pass

Black / White 2

This is where the timeline begins to alternate. If N is defeated, everything continues as normal and Gen. 6 and up carries on. The Pokémon Ranger series is also tied in here by the failed liberation strengthening bonds between Pokémon and humans.

If you fail to stop N and his liberation succeeds, the Mystery Dungeon series occurs. There are no humans in that whole series but Pokémon still understand the concept of battles and they still know what they are.

Thoughts? Comments? Improvements?

RE: A Pokémon Timeline.

G/S + D/P occur concurrently about two years after R/B + R/S, and team galactic and team rocket are separate entities with no relation.

Haaaa I didn't care 'til the part about N's dream creating the mystery dungeon world, that's so clever.
This is why we can't trust Peta.
✌☹✌

Conquest doesn't fit into the main storyline, if you payed attention to the games you'd find that Mewtwo was created by TEAM ROCKET. That's why the start is wrong. G+S happens AFTER D/P, this is shown when you go to the Sinjoh Ruins.
Also, there are humans in PM. Both of them are YOU. And they appear to actually be a dream world, where when you sleep in game, you wake up in reality, this also shows that the creator hasn't looked into the stories deeply.

Pokemon Ranger goes in this order Ranger 1 (the 'super styler' becomes the main styler in No. 2)>Shadows of Almia> Guardian Signs (at the start of the game it mentions Top Ranger Kellyn form PR2). People are aware of Pokeballs in PR, but there is no mention of any main series characters.

Hoenn could go after BW, at N's Castle you hear about Team Rocket and Team Galactic, but there is no mention of Team Magma or Team Aqua. But BW is definitely after DP.

So basically this is how it goes,
RBY
DPPt
GS HGSS
RSE/BW
RSE/BW
BW2

Ranger happens sometime in here, but there aren't many clues as to where that is. PM never happened. Conquest could be post apocalyptic instead of the start, then PM might be part of the story.

EDIT: DPPt is confirmed to go after RBy because it is known that Silph co. has fallen.

2nd EDIT: RSE could happen just before the first Pokemon Ranger game. Why? Because Kyogre and Groudon that's why, in the game, Kyogre and Groudon had a fight and went to Fiore to heal their wounds, but you find them and help them. The fight was most probably the one from Emerald.

Blui129 said:
RBY
DPPt
GS HGSS
RSE/BW
RSE/BW
BW2

Why does RSE take place at the same time as BW? I would think that, if FRLG are any indication, RSE would take place at the roughly the same time as RBY, since they're so closely related. Also, DPPt are directly stated to start about halfway through GSC, since DP starts out with a report on the Lake of Rage incident. So it'd probably be more like this:

RBYFRLG/RSE

3 years later

GSCHGSS

A few weeks or so later

DPPt

Many years later

BW

2 years later

BW2

What about Pokemon Trozei?
Just curious since its always forgotten haha.

No it definitely has a plot. The evil team steals Pokeballs and you are a secret agent who breaks into the ball warehouses to steal back the Pokeballs with this cool device.

Bolt the Cat said:
Why does RSE take place at the same time as BW? I would think that, if FRLG are any indication, RSE would take place at the roughly the same time as RBY, since they're so closely related. Also, DPPt are directly stated to start about halfway through GSC, since DP starts out with a report on the Lake of Rage incident. So it'd probably be more like this:

RBYFRLG/RSE

3 years later

GSCHGSS

A few weeks or so later

DPPt

Many years later

BW

2 years later

BW2

Right the Gyarados incident, DPPt takes place around halfway through GS.
the reason why I think RSE is set at the same time as BW is because there is no mention of team aqua or magma, but bothn team Rocket and team Galactic are mentioned. Also, hoeen is the only region to have the technology to create spacecraft, and have been using them for a long time.

*Bro Fist* said:
Red / Blue + Ruby / Sapphire occur at the same time. This would explain how Team Rocket is never mentioned in Gen III and the similarities in color.

2 years pass

The events of Gold / Silver + Diamond / Pearl happen years later.
Zenith said:
G/S + D/P occur concurrently about two years after R/B + R/S, and team galactic and team rocket are separate entities with no relation.
Um...what? It's said numerous times in the games that Gen 2 is 3 years after Gen 1.
Blui129 said:
Conquest doesn't fit into the main storyline, if you payed attention to the games you'd find that Mewtwo was created by TEAM ROCKET.
1. If you payed attention to the games you'd know that they don't say anything about Mewtwo being created by Team Rocket. That was just in the anime.
2. The only spin-off games that are canon are the Ranger games and possibly Colosseum/XD/PBR. That means Snap/Trozei/Rumble/Mystery Dungeon/Conquest don't exist in the same universe as the main-series games. I think somebody at Game Freak said this and those are also the only games that can interact with the main-series games, to my knowledge.
Blui129 said:
Right the Gyarados incident, DPPt takes place around halfway through GS.
the reason why I think RSE is set at the same time as BW is because there is no mention of team aqua or magma, but bothn team Rocket and team Galactic are mentioned. Also, hoeen is the only region to have the technology to create spacecraft, and have been using them for a long time.
That's like saying every US state except for Florida exists in the past because they don't launch spacecraft. All we know it that Hoenn is the only region with a space institute. Just because the other regions don't have them doesn't mean they don't have the technology. There are more flaws in your argument, too. Firstly, there's no indication to believe that all the technology to allow space flights was suddenly invented during the roughly 7-13 years since the events of Gen 1, if Hoenn does take place at the same time as BW. Secondly, if the technology were invented during that time period, why doesn't Unova have a spacecenter? Why doesn't Hoenn take place after the events of BW?

And probably the biggest reason you're wrong is that in RBGYFRLG a NPC states that humans first landed on the moon on July 20, 1969, which is obviously a date before the events of Kanto.

Alright, well this is getting confusing. But perhaps the space shuttle launched BEFORE the war in Kanto and that technology was destroyed. Between the events of B/W and B/W2, they begin making a space station in the Hoenn region. It's finished as B/W2 has ended, and I'm running out of ideas.

The only set timelines exist between the first and second gens, the Colosseum and XD games, the Ranger games, and (now) the fifth generation independently. There are no real connections to correlate a feasible timeline between the others aside from minor references and appearences of old characters, which don't actually imply specific time settings other than when the games were first released. You have to realize that Pokemon wasn't originally intended to continue past Generation II, so any timeline you think would exist really doesn't.

*Bro Fist* said:
That is true, but it's fun to imagine.

I'm just trying to be honest, here. There are only a few direct references in each of the regular RPGs and side-titles to imply any sort of time setting, and they normally don't say whether or not there's any connection to a general timeline. I suppose you could imply that the Mystery Dungeon series itself takes place in a world where humans (Trainers) have essentially gone extinct (save for a few human-turned-Pokemon, like the player's character in all the games and Gengar from Blue/Red Rescue Team). Otherwise, it'd be pretty difficult to claim there's an actual timeline other than just few sequels that occured within the series thus far.

I suppose. But if we're trying to make actual logical connections, this is the best way to do it. Post the original on the forum and then have members duke it out.

Conquest might not necessarily take place hundreds of years before the main series of games. One of Motonari's lines in Conquest has him mentioning Pokeballs being used in other regions. Naturally, he doesn't refer to them by name, but it's the exact same concept. In the 4th movie, Sam uses a very simple Pokeball, suggesting that actual Pokeballs were early in scientific development not even 50 years before the main series.

Not to mention Mewtwo, a man-made Pokemon, is in Conquest.
And Gurrdurr wields I-beams, which were patented in 1849...the 19th century.

Back