XY Pokémon Moves: New and Updated

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Pokémon Moves

Here we’ll keep a list of all the moves that are introduced and updated (in effect and/or type) in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y to help you in your journey through Kalos!

Can you already guess the effects of the move and which Pokémon will be able to use them? Remember to explain/elaborate in your posts!

NameTypeCategoryPowerAccuracyEffects
Baby-Doll EyesFairyStatusIt lowers the target's Attack stat. It moves first; regardless of the Speed stat.
BoomburstNormalDeals damage to all opponents.
Draining KissFairyDeals damage and restores HP to the user.
Fairy WindFairyDeals damage.
Freeze DryIceIt can freeze the target and also deals Super Effective damage on Water-type Pokémon.
GeomancyFairyDeals damage.
Glow PunchDeals damage.
MoonblastFairyDeals damage and has a chance of lowering the target’s Special Attack.
Noble RoarNormalStatusLowers the target’s Attack and Special Attack.
NuzzleElectricDeals damage and causes paralysis.
Oblivion WingDarkDeals damage.
Parabolic ChargeElectricDeals damage and restores half of the inflicted damage to the user.
Parting ShotStatusLowers the target’s Attack and Special attack and switches place with a party Pokémon.
Play AroundFairyDeals damage.
Topsy-TurvyDarkReverses the target's stat changes.

[private] Don't edit this code; it's for easy Copy/Pasting when adding new moves!
Code:
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/private]

I'm thinking that Liepard will be able to learn Topsy-Turvy. I don't want it to, but it's a possibility. Topsy-Turvy will turn the tables for set up bait Pokemon, and it seems like the dark feline would get the move to mess with the opponent's head.

Loudred will learn Boomburst. It's just a loud Pokemon in general, so it's only natural to get another sound-based move.

I'm wondering if The Pikachu line will get Nuzzle. Pachirisu might, too. Growlithe should learn Noble Roar since its evolution is the "Legendary Pokemon."

As for new Pokemon learning the moves...I guess we'll find out in a month!

--Boomburst
I bet this is either
-a special Normal 100 BP Earthquake
-a Normal Discharge/Lava Plume Variation causing confusion at 30% instead of Paralysis/Burn
either way, it will be interesting to see Ghosts being immune to it, but I doubt it would get much use due to Normal being a shitty offensive type.
The type alone makes it obvious who this move was actually made for:
Exploud.
And that's probably the only candidate that might use it on serious sets due to the STAB.

--Draining Kiss
probably 75BP like DrainPunch/GigaDrain. I'm guessing special based.
A rough guess on distribution would be "Cute Charm users".
Milotic seems like a stretch, but I'd love that addition to its movepool.

--Fairy Wind
I thought this would be another AncientPower variation after SilverWind and OminousWind, but they'd probably have mentioned the effect by now if that were the case. So might just be a generic damaging special fairy move with a BP of like 80.
Pretty much any Fairy type would be a candidate. It seems like the move they'd generously slap onto anything old that gains the new type now.

--Glow Punch
I want this to be a Psy move that deals Fighting damage so bad XDDDDDDDDDd
It would be a funny troll move to address the whole "ermergerd not Fire/Fighting again"-thing XD
Sneaking some Fire/Fighting-starter-ness in there for the lulz.

--Moonblast
Aurora Beam variation?
Everyone moon-related and perhaps Moon-Stone evolving.

--Noble Roar
Meh.

--Nuzzle
Theres gotta be something new about this move, otherwise what's the point.. plenty of paralysing crappy Electric moves around.

--Parabolic Charge
GigaDrain variation imo.
Hopefully Lanturn gets this for neat STAB dmg recovery along with Galvantula who already has GigaDrain atm o:

--Parting Shot
Just when I thought U-Turn and Volt Switch were broken. Unlike Volt Switch you can't block this one since its a status lowering move x_x
Switch to the appropriate counter after lowering attacks.
Sounds scary, especially if its widely distributed (ala TM lol).

--Topsy-Turvy
This might open up some interesting strategies, depending on who gets it.
Prankster users like Liepard would make good use of it as pointed out already.

I just hope something is changed in regards to how entry hazards work, whether they disappear after a few turns/activations or can be absorbed by their own type like Toxic spikes etc...

Other than that, its time they made an okay physical Fire move (BP ~100) that Flareon and others can get.

More Pursuit variations would be interesting.

I remember when the whole fandom freaked out about Glow Punch.
Besides, it's not even translated yet, so it'll probably be something like Psy Punch.

Speaking of translated moves, why is Oblivion Wing called Oblivion Wing, when the trailer clearly shows it using a GIANT RED LASER OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.

*ahem*
I think it would be better if it was called Oblivion Beam.

Nuzzle will probably be a move that doubles its damage when holding a berry or something. It's called ''Cheek Rub'' in Japanese, so while holding a berry in their cheek pouches it creates more surface, thus more electricity.. oh well, the idea behind it worked better before I typed it out..

About Draining Kiss, was it a rumour that it heals the same amount of HP it dealt?

The official site states that Draining Kiss heals "some HP" to the user. It's not specific about the amount, but it sounds to me like it doesn't restore the same amount as the damage it inflicted.

zappy800 said:
Wait a second isn't parting shot confirmed normal type?

I haven't seen or heard any official sources confirming the type of the move. I just updated the Category, however, since it is confirmed as a Status move.

Drohn said:
zappy800 said:
Wait a second isn't parting shot confirmed normal type?

I haven't seen or heard any official sources confirming the type of the move. I just updated the Category, however, since it is confirmed as a Status move.

Oh well then it LOOKs like one to me then. hehe fail moment.

I remember someone posted a calculation, when in a trailer Gardevoir used Fairy Wind on a Hydreigon, they calculated its base power to be 40 - this was assuming Dark was weak against Fairy (which was unconfirmed at the time). This also took Gardevoirs stab and everything into account.

I also want Moonblast to be a Fairyation (u see what i did there) of Flamethrower/Ice Beam etc. but lowers attack as opposed to causing a status effect

Not sure if you want to include the information from the leak or not, but it has all been correct so far:
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/last-of-the-pokemon-x-y-insider-information

It says Draining Kiss has 60 bp and restores 100% of damage dealt.

Also there was a screenshot that confirmed that Fairy Wind has 30 pp. More reason to believe it has low power.
Edit: Also Parabolic Charge has 20 pp. Btw I'm getting this info from here:

XY_Prerelease_Sylveon_Move_Set.png
450px-XY_Prerelease_Helioptile_Move_Set.png

[private]Removed link to outside Pokemon site. Official sources are OK but not other fansites. -Ysmir[/private]

Mitja said:
--Nuzzle
Theres gotta be something new about this move, otherwise what's the point.. plenty of paralysing crappy Electric moves around.

I think the major difference is that Nuzzle is sure to paralyse the opponent.

This list will also include the older moves that are being updated. It will not include older moves that remain the same, however.

I just want the older moves that are being changed separate so they're easier to find.

Baby-Doll Eyes could be a very useful move against strong physical attackers; especially against Dragon-type Pokémon. A fairy could switch in and get no damage from the Dragon-type attack while quickly lowering the attack. I can see Jigglypuff and Marill learn this move, since the Japanese translation is "Round Eyes".

Imagine a -faster than the opponent- Pokémon with Parting Shot, switching with a Pokémon that will take no damage from the incoming attack and use another attack lowering move.

Topsy-Turvy looks like a great attack to use against people who use moves or abilities to boost their attacks. Would it be Inkay's and Malamar's signature move or will more have it? I can't think of any existing Pokémon who fits it, but it could also be available for majority of the Psychic/Dark/Ghost-types.

[private]Fixed some spelling-Ysmir[/private]

Back