XY Pokémon Moves: New and Updated

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Hasn't it already been revealed that topsy turvy is a status move??

No it just reverses opponents stat boosts. It probably doesn't damage but is still a possibility.

zappy800 said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
Hasn't it already been revealed that topsy turvy is a status move??

No it just reverses opponents stat boosts. It probably doesn't damage but is still a possibility.

If you think about it, it could be a move that does damage.

In the one of the trailers, when Inkay uses Topsy-Turvy, it flips Fletchling upside down then drops him on the ground. That could do a small amount of damage.

98Greener said:
zappy800 said:

In the one of the trailers, when Inkay uses Topsy-Turvy, it flips Fletchling upside down then drops him on the ground. That could do a small amount of damage.

In one of the showcase videos for X and Y, Malamar used Topsy turvy on a Noivern that had just used Draco Meteor and it had received no damage at all from the move, just got a boost from it.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
98Greener said:

In one of the showcase videos for X and Y, Malamar used Topsy turvy on a Noivern that had just used Draco Meteor and it had received no damage at all from the move, just got a boost from it.

Could just be made to where it doesn't hurt team mates. I mean let's face it we need more stuff like that. Or at least make surf only hit opponents.

zappy800 said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Could just be made to where it doesn't hurt team mates. I mean let's face it we need more stuff like that. Or at least make surf only hit opponents.

Still, my money is that it's a status move. I highly doubt it'll be capable of doing actual damage rather than supporting/hindering other Pokemon.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
zappy800 said:

Still, my money is that it's a status move. I highly doubt it'll be capable of doing actual damage rather than supporting/hindering other Pokemon.

Oh I think so too but I would prefer it also do damage since i'm the guy with only attacking moves. Except on my new Inkay.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
zappy800 said:

Topsy-Turvy? Where did it ever say it does damage? It reverses the stats of a Pokémon, that's all.

RE: [split] Your views on the Fairy type-distribution and the Fairy type Pokemon

nightkeeper said:
We saw that Sylveon had a move called "Moonblast". Considering that Umbreon is the "Moonlight Pokemon" do you think there is any chance it will be added to its movepool, giving it a wider range of coverage?

It's a possibility.

However with Eeveelutions they tend not to learn attacks the same type as the other Eeveelutions - I'm pretty sure the only instance of this is Vaporeon learning Ice Beam and Blizzard (which may as well not be a point, since iirc all Water types in gen1 learned Ice moves, and Glace wasn't introduced until 4th gen).

It may happen, but I wouldn't expect it.

Altho on the subject of Moonblast, if Cresselia doesn't get it I'm going to be very confused.

RE: [split] Your views on the Fairy type-distribution and the Fairy type Pokemon

P.DelSlayer said:
nightkeeper said:
We saw that Sylveon had a move called "Moonblast". Considering that Umbreon is the "Moonlight Pokemon" do you think there is any chance it will be added to its movepool, giving it a wider range of coverage?

It's a possibility.

However with Eeveelutions they tend not to learn attacks the same type as the other Eeveelutions - I'm pretty sure the only instance of this is Vaporeon learning Ice Beam and Blizzard (which may as well not be a point, since iirc all Water types in gen1 learned Ice moves, and Glace wasn't introduced until 4th gen).

Altho on the subject of Moonblast, if Cresselia doesn't get it I'm going to be very confused.

Jolteon can learn agility.

Ohman177 said:
P.DelSlayer said:
It's a possibility.

I was thinking of offensive moves, but Jolteon did have Agility before Espeon was created.

P.DelSlayer said:
Ohman177 said:

I was thinking of offensive moves, but Jolteon did have Agility before Espeon was created.

Besides, Agility is hardly a ''Psychic'' move, it is learned by numerous Pokémon.

Yveltal seems to be using a new move in one of the trailers. He appears behind the pokemon from a purple vortex in the sky while being flanked by 2 purple auras, does a slashing attack, and then disappears down into another purple vortex.

Ohman177 said:
Yveltal seems to be using a new move in one of the trailers. He appears behind the pokemon from a purple vortex in the sky while being flanked by 2 purple auras, does a slashing attack, and then disappears down into another purple vortex.

I searched through some trailers with no luck. Could you provide a link?

nightkeeper said:
Ohman177 said:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeVqnFjxRHA[/video]

at 0:11

Ohman177 said:

Reminds me of Shadow Force.

scattered mind said:
Ohman177 said:

Reminds me of Shadow Force.

If Yveltal has shadow force, no physic will be able to touch him lol. That would be amazing coverage. And the animation is so cool. But i doubt it. Looks too new.

Dark-type Pokémon are immune to Psychic-type either way. And he gets STAB from Dark-type moves. Using them would make more sense than a Ghost-type move. It would be a cool move for it to learn, however. It seemed to all happen in one turn, though. Shadow Force takes two turns.

Drohn said:
Dark-type Pokémon are immune to Psychic-type either way. And he gets STAB from Dark-type moves. Using them would make more sense than a Ghost-type move. It would be a cool move for it to learn, however. It seemed to all happen in one turn, though. Shadow Force takes two turns.

The machanic of old moves might change.I think I saw a source talking about it somewhere
Also it might be 2 turns but the video makers speed it up.
(Or maybe he was simply holding Power Herb lol)
However, It is more likely to be a new move since the Shadow Force is a signature move of Giratina

Drohn said:

For some reason I had the idea in my head that Yveltal was poison type haha. I should know better.

Ohman177 said:
nightkeeper said:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeVqnFjxRHA[/video]

at 0:11

I feel like it is most likely Oblivion Wing, Yveltal's exclusive move. I believe I read somewhere it is an attack that takes two turns, but don't quote me.

I like the attack where a beam is shooting straight from his chest (Death Beam, still call patent). Does it look like a new move or a re-envisioned old move?

Back