XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

Yes and he gives you a doo-dad that allows you to find Mega Stones or something.
However I've heard that you must touch the Anister City sundial to collect and see them.
And since I couldn't find the Bannettite a few weeks ago, I pretty much believe that this is true. But I still don't know how it works.

brOkenice said:
Yes and he gives you a doo-dad that allows you to find Mega Stones or something.
However I've heard that you must touch the Anister City sundial to collect and see them.
And since I couldn't find the Bannettite a few weeks ago, I pretty much believe that this is true. But I still don't know how it works.

You can only find them between 8 and 9 PM.

I know this probably sounds like a silly question but in regards to the Yes and No questions you reply to in the dialogue of the game are there any consequences for saying the wrong answer? Here's an example:

Right before I battled against Mable from Team Flare in Lysandre Labs she asks me "Oh, oh, oh, oh? You're that kid from the Frost Cavern... On your lonesome this time?"

But If I reply saying Yes then would there be a in-game consequence of that where my Pokemon might reject me or something since If I choose a Yes answer she says, "Oooh, that's cold! Colder than that cavern! ♪ Your Pokémon don't even count for anything?"

Card Slinger J said:
I know this probably sounds like a silly question but in regards to the Yes and No questions you reply to in the dialogue of the game are there any consequences for saying the wrong answer? Here's an example:

Right before I battled against Mable from Team Flare in Lysandre Labs she asks me "Oh, oh, oh, oh? You're that kid from the Frost Cavern... On your lonesome this time?"

But If I reply saying Yes then would there be a in-game consequence of that where my Pokemon might reject me or something since If I choose a Yes answer she says, "Oooh, that's cold! Colder than that cavern! ♪ Your Pokémon don't even count for anything?"

I said this too, and had a minor freakout so i turned my game off and on [grateful i saved] and said No, which had something like 'But of course, you have your pokemon with you' or something similar, but some end part was the same as the Yes reply.

I doubt it affects gameplay other than different text from that person.

Card Slinger J said:

In the first cave you find team flare in, there actually is a difference in the answers. The question posed is something like "Don't you know not to pick fights" (I don't remember the exact wording). If you chose yes, you move back a stem and the flare grunt moves back to his original position and you have to keep trying until you chose no, which starts the battle.

In the elite 4 (not going to spoil the exact scenario) one of the members has a different reaction based on your response. I cant confirm a definite mechanic, but it seems he uses his pokemon in a different order in battle based on said question (first is always the same, but after 20+ times through a pattern seems to be in effect. I OHKOd his pokemon with the same moves and same pokemon each time to minimize variables)

Some things like button color choice affect several lines of text and reactions of multiple NPCs, but not the overarching flow of the story

Whitefire said:
Card Slinger J said:

I said this too, and had a minor freakout so i turned my game off and on [grateful i saved] and said No, which had something like 'But of course, you have your pokemon with you' or something similar, but some end part was the same as the Yes reply.

True I think for now I'll just beat through the game and start all over again to make sure I don't end up making any mistakes on my Yes and No responses on my 2nd playthrough. Sounds silly I know, I have OCD (Obsessive–compulsive disorder) but If I do start over again that means I'll need to soft-reset my game for specific Natures on several Pokemon I obtain in the game except for Lapras which is stuck being Docile Nature. Shouldn't be too hard hopefully...

Card Slinger J said:
Whitefire said:

True I think for now I'll just beat through the game and start all over again to make sure I don't end up making any mistakes on my Yes and No responses on my 2nd playthrough. Sounds silly I know, I have OCD (Obsessive–compulsive disorder) but If I do start over again that means I'll need to soft-reset my game for specific Natures on several Pokemon I obtain in the game except for Lapras which is stuck being Docile Nature. Shouldn't be too hard hopefully...

I plan on doing that with Y, which is why i got it [no puns today] as I didnt to that with X [actually i did, but only because my fennekin had a -sp atk nature. Seriously, theck. The next one i kept though.]. Also to nuzlocke. Your gifted Lucario is stuck being Hasty, btw. Not sure if there's more.

Didn't know that Lucario is stuck as Hasty when you get it in the playthrough though, I remember in the previous Gens there was hardly any Yes and No dialogue in the games especially when I played through Yellow, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black 1, and White 2. When I caught Xerneas in Pokemon X for the first time it looked like it was Shiny when it wasn't, weird eh?

Card Slinger J said:
Didn't know that Lucario is stuck as Hasty when you get it in the playthrough though, I remember in the previous Gens there was hardly any Yes and No dialogue in the games especially when I played through Yellow, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black 1, and White 2. When I caught Xerneas in Pokemon X for the first time it looked like it was Shiny when it wasn't, weird eh?

That's its Neutral Mode. It becomes all blue and loses the rainbow secondary antlers and the rainbow spots. It is only like this outside of battle, therefore it has purely cosmetic effects.

In the PC Boxes what is the Blue Arrow for? I know what Red and Green do but I can't tell what the blue one does? It works just like Red Arrow as far as I can see.:)

xxashxx said:
In the PC Boxes what is the Blue Arrow for? I know what Red and Green do but I can't tell what the blue one does? It works just like Red Arrow as far as I can see.:)

That's just for getting straight to moving a pokemon, as Red will give you options before you can drag and drop.

xxashxx said:

Like Chocoalte said. To see the difference, try selecting a pokemon with the D-pad and A button rather than the stylus.

Does Ditto still work with the Masuda Method? I have a German one and I think I'm up to maybe 250 hatched pokemon and still nothing.

This is more competitive based, but is there any place for a Timid Protean Froakie (Greninja)?

I got one through Wonder Trade and it has no EV's, so I'm wondering what I should do with it.
(It also came equipped with Toxic Spikes :D)

Pokewiz1999 said:
Does Ditto still work with the Masuda Method? I have a German one and I think I'm up to maybe 250 hatched pokemon and still nothing.
Rumor is no, Foreign ditto doesn't work, but that remains to be proven. 250 eggs is nothing when Masuda methoding anyway since the chances of finding a shiny are 1 in 600 (as speculated for XY. If not 600, it's probably closer to 1 in 1000+). In any case, there's no guarantee you'll get a shiny within a certain number of eggs when using the Masuda Method. That's not how probability works.

iSharingan said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
Rumor is no, Foreign ditto doesn't work, but that remains to be proven. 250 eggs is nothing when Masuda methoding anyway since the chances of finding a shiny are 1 in 600 (as speculated for XY. If not 600, it's probably closer to 1 in 1000+). In any case, there's no guarantee you'll get a shiny within a certain number of eggs when using the Masuda Method. That's not how probability works.

So should I give up and try to get a different foreign pokemon?

Edit: Did some digging and it looks like it's worked for other people with Ditto so I'm not giving up!

No. Held items do not effect shiny chance in breeding at all.

Let's say my Greninja is level 70, but it isn't properly EV trained at all. If I used a Reset Bag and trained him how I wanted him trained, would it make any difference when I'm battling with a friend or on random matchup and my pokemon are lowered to level 50? If not, does that mean all my pokemon must be EV trained before level 50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back